What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2024 winter workouts

Who's the next Laviska Shenault?

If were talking about 3rd and short, Walter Taylor looks hard to bring down, he is 6'7" 235 and runs like a deer. Might be interesting to see if they feature him in some early games Wildcat or adjusted WC. He could bring some interesting options. Although, he may be QB2.

Has he never played center before? The mechanics can be learned in an offseason, but can the line calls?

Has he never played center before? The mechanics can be learned in an offseason, but can the line calls?
My experience has been that the line calls aren't really an issue. Any veteran OL can get up to speed on that pretty quickly. The challenge is more about the mechanics of being the snapper causing you to be a beat behind everyone so getting naturally with your hands & head + that first step after ensuring a good snap can take a while to become natural (if it ever does). The hardest part of the Center job is that it's the only position on the OL where you have to overcome a lot in order to avoid getting beat to the punch.

My experience has been that the line calls aren't really an issue. Any veteran OL can get up to speed on that pretty quickly. The challenge is more about the mechanics of being the snapper causing you to be a beat behind everyone so getting naturally with your hands & head + that first step after ensuring a good snap can take a while to become natural (if it ever does). The hardest part of the Center job is that it's the only position on the OL where you have to overcome a lot in order to avoid getting beat to the punch.
Fair, I would think the calls would be the hard part.

Guess we'll have to watch for worm burners

Played center for one season in high school. Snapping the ball to the QB under center is the easy part but snapping to the QB in the shotgun takes a little practice. I imagine that would be the same for if you were to snap to the running back instead of the QB out of the shotgun.

And you are going to have to be quick to getting to your blocks after the snap.

One spring of football practice should be enough to get it all down imo.

Played center for one season in high school. Snapping the ball to the QB under center is the easy part but snapping to the QB in the shotgun takes a little practice. I imagine that would be the same for if you were to snap to the running back instead of the QB out of the shotgun.

And you are going to have to be quick to getting to your blocks after the snap.

One spring of football practice should be enough to get it all down imo.
I guess the only question I have is: do you have any eligibility left?

I would happily play if they could help numb the pain of a compression of the nerves in my lower back.
Legalize It Wrestling GIF by AEWonTV

I went on an Educator workshop with the Marines about 6 years ago and we went through the combat fitness test at the MCRD. My colleague who went with me on the trip was about 50 lbs heavier than me so he, being a considerate guy, went to find a partner his size. I'm standing there looking for a partner and this counselor from District 27J found me. . . he was a former basketball player and being older than 35 was not at his playing weight. I had to fireman carry this dude (6'6" 285lbs) the 60 yards required as part of the test. His weight wasn't as much a problem as the awkward length of his long body.

Long story short, if you are an educator and have a chance to attend the educator workshop in San Diego, do it, it was a blast!

Back