What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'21 TNFR QB JT Shrout (SIGNED to COLORADO)

My wife is a Tennessee fan, so I saw all their games over the past couple years. One of the main reasons Tennessee fans want their coach fired is because of how bad he’s handled the QB position. Their two best QBs were Shrout and Harrison Bailey, who was a true freshman this season. However, Pruitt kept starting 5th year senior Jarrett Guarantano this season, who played horribly and lost several games for them. He was finally benched with about 3 games left, and then Shrout and Bailey split time. A lot of fans felt Shrout was the best QB on the roster, but Pruitt seemed to not like him for some reason. He would make a minor mistake, and Pruitt would pull him, when he would let Guarantano make mistake after mistake without taking him out of the game. Shrout is very good and seems to be universally liked by UT fans. He also has NFL potential. Here’s a thread on volnation discussing him transferring to Colorado.

leave it to fans of a college in the Bible Belt to still be making marijuana jokes about Colorado in 2020...does Tennessee allow liquor stores to be open on Sunday yet?

but anyways, dude has a cannon and real game experience, good move HCKD

Everything on their boards seem to suggest that he is legit and their fans are sad to see him go. Seems like he got a raw deal and therefore a limited playing time, but showed plenty of upside. Seems like it'd be a similar situation if Brendan Lewis actually got playing time and made some big plays and then transferred because the coaches stuck with Noyer

Everything on their boards seem to suggest that he is legit and their fans are sad to see him go. Seems like he got a raw deal and therefore a limited playing time, but showed plenty of upside. Seems like it'd be a similar situation if Brendan Lewis actually got playing time and made some big plays and then transferred because the coaches stuck with Noyer
@Duff Man

And that's why you don't let the backups, play. Ever.

Third string, pro style QB (not sure this fits our current offensive system), from a putrid team, that was not rated as high as our current second string (dual threat). Put me down for “wait and see” and “good addition for depth” camp.
The third string aspect seems to be a little misleading if you read the commentary about him over on Tennessee boards. Most fans feel he was the best QB on the roster.

I am not sure we know what they are looking for. QB recruiting is all over the place so far with this staff
True enough. I guess I was thinking about how Noyer was used this year in the run game and how Lewis seems to be a DT QB. Feels like that’s what they want to do, but having a pro style QB in the room will make everybody better and provide for some competition - hopefully.

He can throw the deep ball. Good competition for Lewis. I still think Lewis will eventually be the starter at CU. Lewis may need a redshirt year. But eventually he will be starter. But I like Shrout. He looks like a baller. Noyer will most likely be playing his last game at CU tomorrow. Good way to go out for him with a bowl win.

HIs deep ball is good. Lets hope this is a Joe Burrow type situation. Transferring from Ohio State to LSU. Couldn't beat out multiple guys.

Did I read in the 247 article that he had 27 TDS and 25 INTs his senior year? That’s a little concerning but admittedly I don’t know anything about the HS offense he was running.

I prefer rolling with Shrout, lewis and Carter next year. Noyer graduates. Also need a QB for the 2022 class. Can move guys that don't make the top 5 on the depth chart to other positions.

Doubt it-I think its more likely Noyer has told the staff he's moving on after tomorrow night or leaning that way. I think we all agree we can't roll into next year with Brendan Lewis, Drew Carter, and Mike Chandler.

Shrout makes a lot more sense if the coaches know Noyer is coming back, not vice versa.

Back