What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Here is the link and a clip from a free 247 article.

https://247sports.com/college/color...-roster-to-jump-in-transfer-portal-208957112/

Sami has been part of Colorado's program since 2017. The Colorado Springs native grayshirted, then redshirted, before seeing action in 40 games with the Buffaloes between the 2019 and 2022 seasons. He recorded a total of 42 tackles, including eight-and-a-half for a loss, during his time with the Buffaloes.

In four years of playing for CU, Sami has a total of 42 tackles in 40 games. CU is 14-28 over those five years.

Celebrate Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

That's weird because I'm seeing tweets from other CU players showing their practice film from this spring and game film from last season.

This
It means that CU is not giving out film of our practices to competitors in order to help guys transferring out who have no game film here.
My thought is maybe there isn't any film if this kid period lol

My post was a compliment to the guys returning and in no way meant as a dig on the guys who didn't transfer until after the end of spring practices. A compliment of someone doesn't equal disparagement of someone else.

Fwiw, I respect those guys who battled the whole semester, are thankful to them, hope they find great landing spots, and will root for their success.
I get it, I think I'm just feeling a little "protective". The only thing I have not liked about CP, was that initial meeting with the players. And I said that at the time. I think he unnecessarily caused some bad-feelings and resentment.

(looking at Sami going, I hope he didn't overplay his hand)

The Venn transfer is a bit of a surprise to me. I honestly thought he was one of the guys who would stick. No idea why I thought that. Feels like he’s a guy who just needs to be given a chance to succeed. I hope he gets it. Sorry he won’t get it here.

I get it, I think I'm just feeling a little "protective". The only thing I have not liked about CP, was that initial meeting with the players. And I said that at the time. I think he unnecessarily caused some bad-feelings and resentment.

(looking at Sami going, I hope he didn't overplay his hand)
That first meeting was uncomfortable. I'm used to those types of conversations being behind closed doors. I'm adjusting to having all that out in the open and our HC performing for an audience besides his team when he's addressing the team. Some good and some bad with this. It's definitely an adjustment for me.

That's weird because I'm seeing tweets from other CU players showing their practice film from this spring and game film from last season.

Venn is legit, don't get me wrong, but what coach is going to base their decisions on spotty practice film of 3s v 3s? We are in the Twilight Zone of CFB.

Last edited:
Mostly because of his Spring Game performance, I would think. Good for him. Especially if he goes outside the conference and CU non-con schedule.
Yeah it helps. Daylen Baldwin got picked up by Michigan after Deion cut him

Definitely wishing the best for MLC, but I think his spring game showed why Shedeur was such a good fit for him. He's not really a separator, but does really well with contested catch situations. For that to work you need accuracy, anticipation, and a willingness to throw in tight windows.

If he goes to a place like Auburn to play with Robbie Ashford, I worry he's back at square one and struggling to get the ball again.
He reminds me of a smaller, less athletic Malachi Wideman. Wideman was 6'4, 215, with a 40+ vertical at JSU. 4 star in hoops and football. Wideman had 12 TDs year one at JSU but Coach Brett came in and he barely saw the field. Coach Brett like his WRs with high football IQ. He knows exactly the type of WRs he wants.

Sami was someone I figured in the beginning but after Sal's interview this spring I'm surprised. Sounded like they were happy with him but just needed more conditioning so he could stay on the field for longer drives and not just be a rotational guy.
He was one of the few guys that impressed me on my initial scouting watch.

The Venn transfer is a bit of a surprise to me. I honestly thought he was one of the guys who would stick. No idea why I thought that. Feels like he’s a guy who just needs to be given a chance to succeed. I hope he gets it. Sorry he won’t get it here.
Agree on this one. He’s a little undersized but def fast. And from a Florida HS we prob want to keep recruiting. Maybe redundant with Edwards and Hankerson but I could have seen someone like this returning punts or kickoffs.

Back