What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Friend at work my age went to Notre Dame. He said he read the ESPN article and has seen some of the negative comments.

His take was, "You guys won 1 game last year. This is exactly what Lou Holtz did after inheriting the Gerry Faust mess. It's just that with the new rules Sanders can take it to another level and turn it faster. Nobody had a bad word about Holtz's purge when he started winning and then competing for national championships again within a couple years. Also, how come there wasn't negative press for how Dykes did the same thing at SMU and TCU? This is how it's done."

I'm thinking about giving him a raise. 😂

Friend at work my age went to Notre Dame. He said he read the ESPN article and has seen some of the negative comments.

His take was, "You guys won 1 game last year. This is exactly what Lou Holtz did after inheriting the Gerry Faust mess. It's just that with the new rules Sanders can take it to another level and turn it faster. Nobody had a bad word about Holtz's purge when he started winning and then competing for national championships again within a couple years. Also, how come there wasn't negative press for how Dykes did the same thing at SMU and TCU? This is how it's done."

I'm thinking about giving him a raise. 😂
I think the difference here is that Deion has been so transparent about it.

Nobody will care in 24 hours about the purge.

In 48 hours, everyone will be taking about the new transfers in.
No one talking about the positive for some reason. For those 20 guys who fought through the purge and coaches trying to make them quit, they will be holding their heads high and be leaders on the program standard. They will not tolerate anyone coming in and slacking. Complete culture change comes out the other side of this.

No one talking about the positive for some reason. For those 20 guys who fought through the purge and coaches trying to make them quit, they will be holding their heads high and be leaders on the program standard. They will not tolerate anyone coming in and slacking. Complete culture change comes out the other side of this.
I also think this serves as a last second signal. If you wanna come play for Coach Prime you know there's room now.

I don't get the "we're good ng to replace the guys that left with guys who are marginally better" takes?

I brought up Sa'Vell Smalls yesterday. If we get a guy like that, who is rated a high 3* as a transfer and largely has been a busy at UW...he's still infinitely more physically gifted than a guy like Devin Grant, and he's actually started games for a much better team.

If we get the two FSU guys, we're getting two guys from the two deep from A MUCH MORE TALENTED team, and the guys we lost couldn't get PT on the worst team in the country last year!!!

If the remaining transfers are all top 300 transfer types, we've made a MASSIVE upgrade in talent.

I think it is possible that we, as fans, can be happy about the changes being made without acting like complete dicks in our comments about the outgoing players.

The comments about outgoing guys being soft or crybabies are over the line. Let's be better.

FYI - Devin Grant just tweeted that he received an offer from Colorado Mesa. I'm not trying to disparage anyone, but it definitely supports the ongoing narrative that most of the outgoing players weren't P5 caliber talent.
MLC is the only one not getting garbage offers

Wouldn’t be surprised if CP and coaches aren’t talking to players from other schools that aren’t even in the portal. It’s open season and a complete culture change requires a complete purge. If you have ever worked for a company in need of a culture change, you know what I’m talking about.

Where do you get this stuff about "fighting through the purge" and suggesting the players who remain are entitled to hold their heads high and be leader? No offense but you are glorifying things too much.

Look at Page and Tyson. 2 guys who wanted to fight for their positions and gain a place on the team, but are told to hit the bricks. They're not guys who can hold their heads high? The coaches kept guys they thought would better serve the team, not ones who were better human beings.

CP is doing what he has to, but I don't see it as something to be proud of or joyous about.

"… Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped
Look at that low plane, fine, then
Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

… It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"

Mostly because of his Spring Game performance, I would think. Good for him. Especially if he goes outside the conference and CU non-con schedule.
Definitely wishing the best for MLC, but I think his spring game showed why Shedeur was such a good fit for him. He's not really a separator, but does really well with contested catch situations. For that to work you need accuracy, anticipation, and a willingness to throw in tight windows.

If he goes to a place like Auburn to play with Robbie Ashford, I worry he's back at square one and struggling to get the ball again.

Where do you get this stuff about "fighting through the purge" and suggesting the players who remain are entitled to hold their heads high and be leader? No offense but you are glorifying things too much.

Look at Page and Tyson. 2 guys who wanted to fight for their positions and gain a place on the team, but are told to hit the bricks. They're not guys who can hold their heads high? The coaches kept guys they thought would better serve the team, not ones who were better human beings.

CP is doing what he has to, but I don't see it as something to be proud of or joyous about.

"… Team by team, reporters baffled, trumped, tethered, cropped
Look at that low plane, fine, then
Uh oh, overflow, population, common group
But it'll do, save yourself, serve yourself
World serves its own needs, listen to your heart bleed
Tell me with the Rapture and the reverent in the right, right
You vitriolic, patriotic, slam fight, bright light
Feeling pretty psyched

… It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it
It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine"
My post was a compliment to the guys returning and in no way meant as a dig on the guys who didn't transfer until after the end of spring practices. A compliment of someone doesn't equal disparagement of someone else.

Fwiw, I respect those guys who battled the whole semester, are thankful to them, hope they find great landing spots, and will root for their success.

I'm very happy with how the receiver room looks. I think Weaver, Horn, and Hunter are upgrades over Tyson and MLC. We also have Gaines, Miller and Hopkins coming in, Damn. The previous receivers were not going to get much PT and best for them to go elsewhere. Tyson, I saw as someone with some potential and best of luck to him. Best of luck to all the Transfers!!!

Now it's time to get some Dawgs in the trenches!!!

Edit: can't even write a post without another transfer.

I'm all about sitting back and letting CP do his thing and I do trust in his process...and this has always been his plan from the beginning, but this is alarming at the moment. NGL. Alarming in both a good and nervously exciting way.

Sami was someone I figured in the beginning but after Sal's interview this spring I'm surprised. Sounded like they were happy with him but just needed more conditioning so he could stay on the field for longer drives and not just be a rotational guy.

Last edited:
Back