What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

I'm not going to be able to wait until Sunday/Monday

omg-omg-i-cant-wait.gif

Every time I see this face...
go **** yourself middle finger GIF by IFC
Can we just bury the ashes of the Dorrell era under a layer of salt, inside of an iron box and throw it down a hole, never to be thought about ever again?

I think that the 20-22 teams would have been better off going rogue, Varsity Blues style, and drawing up plays on the fly - sandlot football…but then we may have won a few more games and been in a similar boat…

If anyone has a subscription to "the Athletic", they have an article on CP's house-cleaning and an interview with Gray. Just out.

All I read was 'Gray thought he had Sunday off, was at olive garden in the afternoon. Was to meet with CP Mon at 3.
His coach contacts him, meeting has moved up. When he arrives coach tells him "you're cut, I wanted you to hear it from me, not CP". He was told they needed 5 spaces at his position, and he was the last to go.

If anyone has a subscription to "the Athletic", they have an article on CP's house-cleaning and an interview with Gray. Just out.

All I read was 'Gray thought he had Sunday off, was at olive garden in the afternoon. Was to meet with CP Mon at 3.
His coach contacts him, meeting has moved up. When he arrives coach tells him "you're cut, I wanted you to hear it from me, not CP". He was told they needed 5 spaces at his position, and he was the last to go.
Interesting, so that would indicate they already have the replacements lined up and aren’t just pushing all of these kids out the door and hoping for the best in the portal, as some have speculated.

Got word on Yousef. He was actually gonna be moving forward but they got a big time commitment and sadly it pushed Yousef out the door. Yousef was always more of a long term play due to the accident and he's still recovering.
I'd think that means a starting OL. Otherwise he probably doesn't get crunched. Also would indicate that we are going to get to 85.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be that some of the 2022 players that were pushed out retired instead of hitting the portal. If so, CU is paying for their scholarships still and having <85 could offset the cost.
Also, there's a chance that with as much as CP loves competition and having something to fight for that he'd like to have a robust walk-on program with open slots for 5ish guys able to earn scholarships in fall camp.

I was thinking about this one last night-what about an experienced backup QB? Carter's in the portal now. I don't love the idea of Ryan Staub as the backup QB.

Do we need to do something like add a Grant Gunnell (former Arizona QB who re-entered the portal after a stint at North Texas) just to have a guy who has taken college snaps backing Shedeur up? I'm not attached to Gunnell-just saw the name and thought I'd use it as an example.

I was thinking about this one last night-what about an experienced backup QB? Carter's in the portal now. I don't love the idea of Ryan Staub as the backup QB.

Do we need to do something like add a Grant Gunnell (former Arizona QB who re-entered the portal after a stint at North Texas) just to have a guy who has taken college snaps backing Shedeur up? I'm not attached to Gunnell-just saw the name and thought I'd use it as an example.
I do. Staub is a dog. Gunnell is washed.

Back