What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Yeah, that was said in various contexts on both pods.

There is also this idea being shard by these media types that since the talent in the portal right now isn't considered elite and wouldn't start for Alabama or Georgia, that somehow it's not going to make a difference on a roster like Colorado.
Yeah. We're at 60 scholarship guys and are replacing rotational and practice squad guys from our 1-11, worst in CFB point differential, team with rotational guys from top 25 P5 programs and some of the cream from G5 and FCS who entered the portal. DOOM!!!

Have you had a chance to look at Kent states run/pass splits?
No, but Kent didn't have Prime's son playing QB. There are just more logical places (some B1G teams for example) to take your game if you are a high-demand top shelf RB right now. JMHO.

No, but Kent didn't have Prime's son playing QB. There are just more logical places (some B1G teams for example) to take your game if you are a high-demand top shelf RB right now. JMHO.
This is all just speculation on both our parts, but I completely disagree. A good running game will mean the defense can't pin their ears back and go after Shedeur on every play leading to setting his feet, more time to read the field, and better accuracy.

It would be moronic to abandon the run game to "pad Shedeur's stats" as that would have the opposite effect.

This is all just speculation on both our parts, but I completely disagree. A good running game will mean the defense can't pin their ears back and go after Shedeur on every play leading to setting his feet, more time to read the field, and better accuracy.

It would be moronic to abandon the run game to "pad Shedeur's stats" as that would have the opposite effect.
Not to compare them as players but Junior Hawkins padded up some big numbers here…

There is also this idea being shard by these media types that since the talent in the portal right now isn't considered elite and wouldn't start for Alabama or Georgia, that somehow it's not going to make a difference on a roster like Colorado.

That was my takeaway too. They don't get that even if all we get are backup Florida St players and toss in good Old Dominion and Maine dudes, we're a lot better off there. They think the random 3*s we had sitting on the bench are actually good or have potential to be good

I mean all of those dudes spend their days pondering the top 5 of the country only, so it makes sense they're out of the loop on the worst P5 programs

The 4 guys who started on the '21 UGA defensive line will be the starting DL for the Philadelphia Eagles in '23.

Anyone who thinks any of their rotational guys who aren't the next crop of top 15 picks are downgrades from what CU lost is a fvcking idot.

Last edited:

And they conveniently leave out relevant facts like this was a 1-win team where 8 of the losses were by 28 or more, we were 131st in scoring defense and 130th in total defense.

2022 Buffs:

1-11 record
128/131 in total offense
127/131 in scoring offense
130/131 in total defense
131/131 in scoring defense

And people are questioning a massive purge of the coaches, football office staff and players?

Most of this noise has to be from people who are opposed to CU winning.

pizza-time-party.gif

The thing that will make Shedeur look the best in the eyes of the NFL (his real target) is winning. Stats matter but winning matters more.

With that in mind I can see some RBs being hesitant to come here because it will be a diversified offense mixing the passing and running game instead of being run heavy. Also very likely with the guys that Prime is bringing in that RB duties will be shared, and RBs will be expected to be effective blockers and receivers as well to get their share of the playing time.

If a guy is just looking to get his 30 carries a game then move on this isn't the right place.

Anyone have an opinion about keeping C. Edwards over T. Gray? I'd think that if you kept one it would be the giant ... but maybe Edwards has skills? Minutiae, I know.

Anyone have an opinion about keeping C. Edwards over T. Gray? I'd think that if you kept one it would be the giant ... but maybe Edwards has skills? Minutiae, I know.
I doubt that's what happened. I'm guessing either he hits the portal soon or is taking the non-football scholarship offer.

I don't know. But I think watching the NFL draft gives a great idea of what our coaches are looking for:

Size
Long arms
Violent hands
Great bend
Explosive first step
Agility to adjust to stunts / recover
Speed to get to the 2nd level / pull
Smarts / processing speed
Finisher

That's what CU is looking for in some order of priority. From interviews, it sounds like Coach O'Boyle starts with "Finisher" as a screening criteria. If you don't finish bocks or play through the whistle, he won't waste his time evaluating the rest.

And they conveniently leave out relevant facts like this was a 1-win team where 8 of the losses were by 28 or more, we were 131st in scoring defense and 130th in total defense.
Dude, the defense totally could have cracked the top 100 if the offense got a first down or, God forbid, scored a touchdown every once in a while.
2022 Buffs:

1-11 record
128/131 in total offense
127/131 in scoring offense
130/131 in total defense
131/131 in scoring defense

And people are questioning a massive purge of the coaches, football office staff and players?

Most of this noise has to be from people who are opposed to CU winning.
Dude, the offense totally could have cracked the top 100 if the defense forced a punt or, God forbid, forced a turnover every once in a while.

Dude, the defense totally could have cracked the top 100 if the offense got a first down or, God forbid, scored a touchdown every once in a while.

Dude, the offense totally could have cracked the top 100 if the defense forced a punt or, God forbid, forced a turnover every once in a while.
#40 in Kickoff Returns is where the '22 Buffs really shined. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect.

Are Walker and the CB from Wisconsin actual quality takes for CU or are people posting their portal twits because they prepped in CO?

I don't know. But I think watching the NFL draft gives a great idea of what our coaches are looking for:

Size
Long arms
Violent hands
Great bend
Explosive first step
Agility to adjust to stunts / recover
Speed to get to the 2nd level / pull
Smarts / processing speed
Finisher

That's what CU is looking for in some order of priority. From interviews, it sounds like Coach O'Boyle starts with "Finisher" as a screening criteria. If you don't finish bocks or play through the whistle, he won't waste his time evaluating the rest.
The thing we don't know, and wouldn't unless we are in the program every day is how a holdover player or even a recent transfer in is fitting in with the culture that Prime wants to create here.

It is very obvious that he wants guys who are 100% bought in to being on board with his expectations. Anything less than that and he can use the space for somebody else

Are Walker and the CB from Wisconsin actual quality takes for CU or are people posting their portal twits because they prepped in CO?
Arden is a legacy, so there is that connection. His profile on the Mizzou site says he was 252 lbs as a RS freshman and played in all 12 games with starts in the finale and bowl game.

Room to grow and experience in the SEC.

That’s a quality take IMO

Yes to the bolded, Regardless of starting status we also need rotational players. We appear to be In better shape for dbs

Back