What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

This is funny. There's a strong narrative from the media and even some CU fans that the mass transfers out have created major depth issues, yet when two SEC and B1G players who have played in actual games are being discussed as targets, we have people wondering if they are quality takes.

The question isn't whether Walker or Ashford are good enough to start, but rather are they better than Devin Grant and Josh Wiggins.

That's why this narrative that this exodus is anything but amazing for CU is insanely stupid. I'd be willing to bet that if we compared the incoming vs outgoing players when it's all said and done that 90-95% of incoming would be viewed as upgrades over their outgoing counterparts.

Last edited:
This is funny. There's a strong narrative from the media and even some CU fans that the mass transfers out have created major depth issues, yet when two SEC and B1G players who have played in actual games are being discussed as targets, we have people wondering if they are quality takes.

The question isn't whether Walker or Ashford are good enough to start, but rather are they better than Ryan Grant and Josh Wiggins.

That's why this narrative that this exodus is anything but amazing for CU is insanely stupid. I'd be willing to bet that if we compared the incoming vs outgoing players when it's all said and done that 90-95% of incoming would be viewed as upgrades than their outgoing counterparts.
If any player transfers out and isn’t replaced by a 5* from a BIG or SEC school, we are supposed to lose our collective s**t.
1682715847795.gif

The question isn't whether Walker or Ashford are good enough to start, but rather are they better than Devin Grant and Josh Wiggins.

That's why this narrative that this exodus is anything but amazing for CU is insanely stupid. I'd be willing to bet that if we compared the incoming vs outgoing players when it's all said and done that 90-95% of incoming would be viewed as upgrades than their outgoing counterparts.
Wait, you think Missouri is better than Valdosta State?

I watched Mizzou a bit and keyed on Walker. He's disruptive in the backfield. Didn't do a lot other than that which I would rate better than average P5. I'd love to have him in our EDGE rotation for this pressure defensive scheme.

Jason Bateman GIF by MOODMAN

The thing that will make Shedeur look the best in the eyes of the NFL (his real target) is winning. Stats matter but winning matters more.

With that in mind I can see some RBs being hesitant to come here because it will be a diversified offense mixing the passing and running game instead of being run heavy. Also very likely with the guys that Prime is bringing in that RB duties will be shared, and RBs will be expected to be effective blockers and receivers as well to get their share of the playing time.

If a guy is just looking to get his 30 carries a game then move on this isn't the right place.

As a Vandy grad, who watched Cutler run his ass off with no blocking, make insane plays in losing causes most weeks, AND get drafted #11, I think there's some wiggle room in that assessment. lol

As a Vandy grad, who watched Cutler run his ass off with no blocking, make insane plays in losing causes most weeks, AND get drafted #11, I think there's some wiggle room in that assessment. lol
There is, remember that Elway didn't go to a bowl game.

That said the pros want guys who they believe they will win with. Winning is something they look for. They know that guys can be limited by the talent around them but they want winners. In their minds Cutler gave Vandy the chance to win a lot more games than they should have been in.

There is, remember that Elway didn't go to a bowl game.

That said the pros want guys who they believe they will win with. Winning is something they look for. They know that guys can be limited by the talent around them but they want winners. In their minds Cutler gave Vandy the chance to win a lot more games than they should have been in.
Anthony Richardson just went 4th overall. Winning, nor stats...mean that much to NFL scouts 🤷

"question the acumen": I've seen several comment that CU only has 15 or so scholarship players left on the team. Not that only 15 or so scholarship players from LAST YEAR are left on the team. Totally ignoring the scholarship players that were brought in before Spring and the ones coming in after Spring. If you're gonna comment, at least know a little about what you're talking about.
No

Back