What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

If a Farmer can't make it in Nebraska then he ain't going to make it anywhere.
Hard to hook on to a team in August. I checked the temperature at huskerboard and they are surprisingly "meh" about this. They are solidly on Team Rhule. Apparently, Farmer has been a bad apple and getting away with it for far too long under the old regime.

I guess we should reset our view of beating out WVU and UCF now that they are conference siblings and all.
Nah. These days I don't start thumping my chest in recruiting unless we beat out the usual suspects in national title contention. Or Nebraska for sentimental reasons of fvck them. Happy about every commit, but not all of them make bragging rights statements.

Hard to hook on to a team in August. I checked the temperature at huskerboard and they are surprisingly "meh" about this. They are solidly on Team Rhule. Apparently, Farmer has been a bad apple and getting away with it for far too long under the old regime.
Nah. He was one of their best players. There is a slew of schools holding a few scholarships (including CU) who will be in the market for some late additions . Safety wouldn't be a position of need here right now I'd assume. But there will be plenty of landing spots.

Nah. He was one of their best players. There is a slew of schools holding a few scholarships (including CU) who will be in the market for some late additions . Safety wouldn't be a position of need here right now I'd assume. But there will be plenty of landing spots.
If realignment (which looks more like consolidation these days) blows up in this next month, there's a strong possibility we see transfers from programs that get frozen out. Why stay if you're not playing the P5 competition or getting the media exposure you signed up for and you're looking at a smaller pot of NIL money?

Im not sure how effective bringing in an IDL at this point is going to be. Unless there’s a quality player who’s been conditioning all summer and familiar with the defense, you’re talking about a camp body and 3rd string guy only. Maybe there’s a grad transfer out there they can pick up for one year for emergency depth, but if that’s needed for the season, I suspect we’re really ****ed no matter what.

End of the day, they only have 5 guys, but they are all older and experienced except for maybe Thomas, so it’s not like they would be rolling out some mid tier true freshman as part of the rotation. They have 4, maybe 5 guys who can actually play

Im not sure how effective bringing in an IDL at this point is going to be. Unless there’s a quality player who’s been conditioning all summer and familiar with the defense, you’re talking about a camp body and 3rd string guy only. Maybe there’s a grad transfer out there they can pick up for one year for emergency depth, but if that’s needed for the season, I suspect we’re really ****ed no matter what.

End of the day, they only have 5 guys, but they are all older and experienced except for maybe Thomas, so it’s not like they would be rolling out some mid tier true freshman as part of the rotation. They have 4, maybe 5 guys who can actually play
One injury and we’re ****ed!

We need at least another guy or two for interior DL.

A 5 man IDL rotation is fine if they can all play. Most programs have 8-9 on the roster but at least 3-4 of them aren’t playing much.
Exactly. Anything past maybe the 5th guy should be an emergency only, mop up duty, or a guy who is redshirting.

For example, and obviously this isn't the NFL, but NFL teams generally only have four or five IDL guys suited up on GameDay.

We have good coaches that are used to adjusting schemes based on who they have on their roster. There is no need to be concerned at this time.

Back