What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

IINM there is a provision that allows players to enter the portal outside of the window in the event of a coach being fired.

Not sure on that one but seems that was part of the changes in the rules.
There should just be a "Colorado" rule for the portal

If your coach tells a story about how Buffaloes walk into the snow, free to go
If your coach leaves at midnight, free to go
If your coach has no personality, free to go
If your coach runs a terrible offense that only scores 14 ppg, free to go

But, we need to then have the "Prime" rule that says, if your coach is a legend, come to Boulder

Walk on scout team QB. Came from University of Chicago and transferred to Florida Atlantic before coming here.

He's a travelin' man. Figure he has at least a couple more transfers in him.
D3 QB and not even a good D3 QB at that. Could never figure out how in the hell they even allowed him in the lockeroom. Guy sucked.

If Coach Prime brings Shedeur, and it is hard to imagine he would not, the QB room will clear out. That is not entirely a bad thing, but depth will be paper thin, and if Shedeur got hurt, it would be bad.

Normally, I would be screaming bloody murder about another HC-QB-Dad-Son combo, but Prime is too good to pass up to let the issues that scenario raises be much of a concern. Shedeur isn't Corky, he looks like the real deal, and CU QB room is well, not that great.

Shedeur is an incredible 1-2 year rental.
Most QBs don’t expect to start their freshman year anyway so I doubt we’ll have a problem recruiting prep QBs since he’ll likely be NFL bound ASAP

Transfers in for depth will be tough tho
My guess is Shedeur takes the reins, for 2 years, 1-3 stud HS QB's are recruited behind him and we all pray he stays healthy because the only experienced QB behind him will be Shrout.

My guess is Shedeur takes the reins, for 2 years, 1-3 stud HS QB's are recruited behind him and we all pray he stays healthy because the only experienced QB behind him will be Shrout.
Problem is Shrout can't do the things Sanders + his likely OC want their QBs to do. Carter, as crazy as it seems, may actually be a better fit. That said, the best thing to happen would be for every QB on the 2022 roster to leave. That would be excellent attrition.

Shedeur is an incredible 1-2 year rental.
Most QBs don’t expect to start their freshman year anyway so I doubt we’ll have a problem recruiting prep QBs since he’ll likely be NFL bound ASAP

Transfers in for depth will be tough tho
That's why I think JT is here, Staub stays in the fold and they bring in another solid prep QB. Kopp would be best advised to transfer to FCS and I guess I could see Carter going either way. He is an athletic kid and maybe keeping him in the fold for 2023 just so they have another guy who has played?

Maybe a RS freshman transfer who has 4 years of eligibility and has been at a P5 program?

Back