What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Van wells, Jordan Tyson and Lemonious- Craig are the only ones that saw the field and should continue seeing the field. All I can think of right now.
I’d say we’re going to be fine with Tommy Brown on the OL, assuming he returns, but I think the rest of the line needs upgrading seriously. I like Chase Penny as a possession receiver and I think Erik Olson has nice potential, but this offense is seriously thin and we desperately need a good QB.

I’d say we’re going to be fine with Tommy Brown on the OL, assuming he returns, but I think the rest of the line needs upgrading seriously. I like Chase Penny as a possession receiver and I think Erik Olson has nice potential, but this offense is seriously thin and we desperately need a good QB.
Brown, Fillip and Roddick are all gone. Van Wells is likely the only returning starter on the OL. I think there is potential with Travis Gray and Carter Edwards, but I would imagine the OL is going to be heavily addressed in the portal

Brown, Fillip and Roddick are all gone. Van Wells is likely the only returning starter on the OL. I think there is potential with Travis Gray and Carter Edwards, but I would imagine the OL is going to be heavily addressed in the portal
I think we'd be surprised at how well guys like Fenske, Johnson, Wiley and Lichtenhan will be able to perform after big boy changes are made and playmakers are brought in.

Agree that Wells could be special. Gray and Edwards are good calls.

I think we'd be surprised at how well guys like Fenske, Johnson, Wiley and Lichtenhan will be able to perform after big boy changes are made and playmakers are brought in.

I'm not holding my breath on Wiley and Johnson. I'm willing to wait and see on Fenske, but have a hunch he's going to be a depth guy. Lichtenhan might actually end up being a solid player. I'm not sure if he's a Tackle or not, though. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world having an individual of his size on the interior and allowing some guys who are a bit more "athletic" outside.

Imo, Penry is a poor man's version of Lemonious- Craig.

Don't hold your breath on any of those four making significant improvements at any point going forward. They are who they are. I am intimately familiarIy with two of them. I wouldn't be surprised if under a new staff 3 out of 4 of these guys are relegated to back-ups the rest of their time here.

I'm not holding my breath on Wiley and Johnson. I'm willing to wait and see on Fenske, but have a hunch he's going to be a depth guy. Lichtenhan might actually end up being a solid player. I'm not sure if he's a Tackle or not, though. Wouldn't be the worst thing in the world having an individual of his size on the interior and allowing some guys who are a bit more "athletic" outside.
This year, despite opposing defenses stacking the box and daring us to throw because of our QB issues, the OL was able to avoid sacks and give our RBs a chance. I honestly believe it has the makings of a solid OL in 2023. System, playcalling and playmakers (especially at QB) would change everything. I'd also love to see a transfer starter or two, which could take the group to good and fairly deep.

if Offerdahl doesn't stay then IM OUTTTTT

jack off please GIF

If Penry were in the portal, where do you think he'd end up?

This year, despite opposing defenses stacking the box and daring us to throw because of our QB issues, the OL was able to avoid sacks and give our RBs a chance. I honestly believe it has the makings of a solid OL in 2023. System, playcalling and playmakers (especially at QB) would change everything. I'd also love to see a transfer starter or two, which could take the group to good and fairly deep.
This is how I feel. It’s hard to know what you have on offense when you can’t muster any vertical passing threat. Opposing defenses make every unit look terrible in that case.

This is how I feel. It’s hard to know what you have on offense when you can’t muster any vertical passing threat. Opposing defenses make every unit look terrible in that case.
I keep going back to my feelings about Chance Lytle when he was on the field for us. I didn't think he had what it took.

Transfers to Duke and starts for a P5 team going bowling this year.

Our issues have been much more about coaching and culture than about not having viable P5 players. Not enough depth and way too few NFL prospects, but we've had and have solid P5 contributors throughout the roster. It's nowhere as bad as most think.

Last edited:
I keep going back to my feelings about Chance Lytle when he was on the field for us. I didn't think he had what it took.

Our issues have been much more about coaching and culture that about not having viable P5 players. Not enough depth and way too few NFL prospects, but we've had and have solid P5 contributors throughout the roster. It's nowhere as bad as most think.
This is a good take.

CU has a core of quality players, just nowhere near enough of them to compete.

Where are we at with a Punter? It was stunning to see how he punted great in the first game he was in, then the Starter is kicked off and we are all like, well no big deal, and then punting was so poor the rest of the year that I strongly feel it would be worth +14 points to the other team

Our issues have been much more about coaching and culture than about not having viable P5 players. Not enough depth and way too few NFL prospects, but we've had and have solid P5 contributors throughout the roster. It's nowhere as bad as most think.

Oh yeah, smart guy? then how come Karl Dorrel and Mike Sanford couldn't get anything out of this roster?

Wait.

Back