What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

i am fascinated to watch how they build out the o-line. it isn't going to be all 4-5 stars of course.

when we start to see a depth chart and pipeline again of p5 o linemen, then we will know we are back.

elite d-linemen are like the holy grail. start pulling play-ready guys there and we will be truly running with the biggest of big dogs.

this is all so awesome to see it unfold.

Well, unless he’s a coach, he can’t recruit kids. Directly at least.
All I know is he said, "If prime need any players out of southern California, I'm going to help him get them". It starts around the two minute mark on the video. I may have embellished that a bit in my previous post lol.

i am fascinated to watch how they build out the o-line. it isn't going to be all 4-5 stars of course.

when we start to see a depth chart and pipeline again of p5 o linemen, then we will know we are back.

elite d-linemen are like the holy grail. start pulling play-ready guys there and we will be truly running with the biggest of big dogs.

this is all so awesome to see it unfold.
You got Van Wells already and some projects on the roster now you sort through + need 4 transfer starters.

bing bang boom Bob’s your uncle

I’m an anti portal anti NIL guy. But too damned bad! We were decimated by the effing portal last year. So if that’s the way the game is going to be played, we had the balls and vision to hire the guy who plays the portal game better than anyone. So suck it!
Me in a nutshell.

Anyone have the tally on scholarship players from last year who are still on the team?

Prep recruiting admissions hasn’t been an issue for CU.
I'm thinking more of transfers. At least one article said DS told a number of Jackson State kids they'd be coming to Colorado. He's not a guy who'd want to be wrong about something like that.

I've never heard of apps being stamped with "football". I thought a complaint for many years has been our addmission standards for athletes.are higher than other schools.

Ideally, he could bring in a bunch of transfers to start the spring semester. I hope it's a smooth process.

In his HS class, he was the number 6 overall recruit in 247, the 17th highest rated RB recruit of all time, and the 152nd highest rated recruit of all time regardless of position.

Of course, the 8th and 9th highest rated RB recruits of all time didn't exactly work out for CU.
Marcus Houston and who else? I forget.

For me, so much of the transfer portal is an expression of the lower-level details, interpersonal interactions, enjoyment of daily life (or lack of it), friends, family, maybe one or two people/coaches you just hate having to deal with every day. The portal has brought all of those issues into play, as it's possible to transfer and continue to play. Sure, a bunch of the decisions are about getting to the next level in football, getting onto the field, or finding an NIL deal, but I think there's a level of underdiscussed personal motivations. Each player is a unique individual that may or may not fit into the interpersonal dynamics where they are--beyond football. Or maybe they just aren't inspired by the people around them or don't like where they live, which in some of these University cities, I can completely understand. And we now have football AND flatirons. Just my two cents worth.
This.... is so true. We are being bombarded with a new "toy" that were weren't really allowed to do anything with because the CU Admin decided that we are just going to play football with our students.... NOT our students came here to play football. We have decided after almost 20 years, we are going to join the game.

This first year will be HECTIC. Lets just sit back and enjoy every day that we get better.

Done, mostly. Can't really merge them. Jens locked the recruiting forum one too.
Jens should not have the right to lock anything in here. Why can't we have the Musk rules where everything is open and free! :LOL:

This is important. CU changing it's transfer rules and regulations. This is what I was wondering about:

There has been a ton of things to follow, but those changes, in general terms, have been known and discussed on this board for a couple of weeks now. Yes, the transfer issue was real, highly debilitating to using the transfer portal, and have now been largely fixed. This time last year, 80% of the portal players were unavailable to CU. Now it’s less than 20%, according to reporting.

This is important. CU changing it's transfer rules and regulations. This is what I was wondering about:

thanks for posting! other than Saliman's vague comment, this is the first media report that at least I've seen on the subject. I think we all believed it true b/c otherwise why would Sanders come, but it's nice to have something more substantial.

unfortunately though, no details. it's not clear if the university is addressing the "syllabi must be identical" requirement or the "credits from majors we don't offer will still count toward something at CU" issue or both. much less how.

I assume he meant to say 'tools' and not 'skills', but jeez
"We're working to give coach and all of his student-athletes the skills they need to succeed,"

Back