What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

have never watched/listened to On3 before but youtube recommended this to me today, they make some salient points on the current transfer outlook. also, first time I heard this explicitly that KD/RG intentionally took a "wait and see" approach to NIL last year, and only adjusted after losing all of our best players in the portal.

Having said that, I think they're should be a little bit more revision done to where a kid only has one 'immediate eligibility' transfer.
This is already true. There are some exceptions, but it's already broadly true.

After the covid extensions of eligibility play out and we get a couple years in, I think it's going to settle into what you wrote about in the first half of your post: big programs won't be able to stockpile elite talent and sit them for a few years before they see the field.

I don’t understand the logic of ignoring NIL?

it feels like it’s the equivalent of saying “no thanks” if the Bjg 10 came calling and offered an invite because we wanted to wait and see if super conferences were really going to be a thing….

After reading more information about some of our commits, who are likely great young men, we had a lot of injured guys that did not even play that much in their Senior years. They would be projects and rehabs. I hope they find a good home and if they are big-time guys, that would be awesome

have never watched/listened to On3 before but youtube recommended this to me today, they make some salient points on the current transfer outlook. also, first time I heard this explicitly that KD/RG intentionally took a "wait and see" approach to NIL last year, and only adjusted after losing all of our best players in the portal.

I'm pretty sure On3 is headquarted in Miami

I don’t understand the logic of ignoring NIL?

it feels like it’s the equivalent of saying “no thanks” if the Bjg 10 came calling and offered an invite because we wanted to wait and see if super conferences were really going to be a thing….
I was in SHOCK! when I heard that CU decided to do an experiment and not pay any NIL money.

I am pretty sure that Phil D was presented with the NIL questions and chose the other kid.....

(Barkley- Capital 1 commercial where he gets picked over a 10 year old kid.)

Capital 1 Barkley Commercial

If you thought the loser stink permeated our program, you haven't been to Ft. Collins lately. I have a few stories from various sources about the rot within the Rams. Norvell may end up leaving of his own volition in the near future.
that's really too bad. I want college sports to gain in popularity throughout the state, and like it or not, CSU's success is relevant to that.

After seeing which schools he's visiting (one can figure it out by viewing the profiles of the tagged writers), I ESPECIALLY want this guy now.

No doubt. He is from Philly, so the East Coast might have more of an allure than elsewhere, but that other OV... I wanna win every recruiting battle over those ****s....

that's really too bad. I want college sports to gain in popularity throughout the state, and like it or not, CSU's success is relevant to that.

I mean, CU/CSU used to be on national TV. What was it on last time, Pac-12?

If you thought the loser stink permeated our program, you haven't been to Ft. Collins lately. I have a few stories from various sources about the rot within the Rams. Norvell may end up leaving of his own volition in the near future.
Share.

I think Norvell will turn it around but his first season was a big red flag. They weren’t any good and only beat garbage teams. Also the most transfers in FBS

I mean, CU/CSU used to be on national TV. What was it on last time, Pac-12?
IDK. In 2016 it was on ESPN:
giphy.gif

PS: no one who is alive today and who was also alive the last time CSU beat CU is younger than 8. No one who is alive today who was also alive the last time nubs beat CU is younger than 12.

Share.

I think Norvell will turn it around but his first season was a big red flag. They weren’t any good and only beat garbage teams. Also the most transfers in FBS

That is exactly how Norvell wants it to go this offseason.

Share.

Just to start...
1) I like Norvell, but evidently he didn't capture and engage the players like many thought he would.
2) There was "disconnect" between Norvell's players and players currently in the program (not all bad, I guess)
3) Norvell didn't realize the player apathy and truly dismal level of talent present to the point they had coaches basically going dorm to dorm and conducting tryouts ala "Necessary Roughness"
4) The student body truly hates the team and it's only getting worse.
5) A good portion of donors have completely checked out and the school doesn't have the desire nor resources to pull them back in. I was stuck in 2-3 business meetings this fall where the entire conversation among dudes with big pull up there became remembrances of the Sonny Lubick days and lamentations that they'll never win again no matter what they do.

The student body truly hates the team and it's only getting worse

I don't even know how that works.

Plus, what really gets me is when I lived in Fort Collins (admittedly during the Sonny years), a lot of the students and recent alumni went to the games because it was a big party at Hughes. They cheered for the team, but most of them went to get ****ed up and have a good time.

Maybe they shouldn't have built the new stadium. The charm of going and getting ****faced in a dirt parking lot might have been a lot bigger draw than they realized.

5) A good portion of donors have completely checked out and the school doesn't have the desire nor resources to pull them back in. I was stuck in 2-3 business meetings this fall where the entire conversation among dudes with big pull up there became remembrances of the Sonny Lubick days and lamentations that they'll never win again no matter what they do.

They probably ****ed up big with letting Jack Graham be the AD. He made some big moves, but he also swung and missed a few times, took huge gambles, and IIRC, amassed a mountain of debt. But to the fans he was "one of us". A lot of apathy set in after he was shown the door, even though he absolutely needed to be shown the door.

I don't think many of the hand wringers understand that these kids can stay in school at CU on a full non-football scholarship. All they need to do is stay on track to graduate and they'll get their degree.

And here's the real honest take: most of them are never gonna play on Sunday anyway - consequently, the best thing for many of them is to start 100% focusing on school now; meaning that they would be better off not transferring to another school to play, but rather finishing out here as a full time student.
The intramurals are going to be sick next year.

Just to start...
1) I like Norvell, but evidently he didn't capture and engage the players like many thought he would.
2) There was "disconnect" between Norvell's players and players currently in the program (not all bad, I guess)
3) Norvell didn't realize the player apathy and truly dismal level of talent present to the point they had coaches basically going dorm to dorm and conducting tryouts ala "Necessary Roughness"
4) The student body truly hates the team and it's only getting worse.
Yeah, Norvell wants to turn the roster over quick, and he's accomplishing that. But last year was ROUGH

Yeah, Norvell wants to turn the roster over quick, and he's accomplishing that. But last year was ROUGH
Agree 100%. But the problem is they have NOTHING really to offer a recruit right now. Bottom of barrel G5 program with no NIL resources. In some ways it's very similar to where we were just at, but ultimately worse. Makes me even more thankful of what CU was just able to pull off.

Back