What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Just speculation:
PRIME told a bunch of the blue chips to delay announcement or signing until National Signing day, or at least until his final game at Jackson State. This includes Hunter, other current players on JS, and high profile transfer portal guys (Horn Jr, etc.).

The purpose being to drive media coverage and make a bigger splash. A theory, nothing more.
Good theory

Not a well-considered message to put out there in a transfer tweet. He's only going to limit his opportunities and hurt himself.

That said, it drives me crazy that it's a one way street. Coaches can treat players like dirt and hurt them by giving bad reviews when another coach calls to ask about a transfer he's considering. But if a player says anything about a coach, he gets his character assassinated by coaches and fans.

It's not fair. But life isn't fair and you've got to play the game smartly. I hope it's just a blip and he doesn't hurt his future.

P.S. Leach is a prick. He's like the football Bobby Knight with how he treats others while considering himself unassailable. This is hard to post, because I fear that speaking ill of Leach might crush Duff's heart.

Last edited:
I can see best class in the modern era, but there's no way he's talking some of those classes in the '90s. Impossible.

Edit: he didn't say that. He said it's going to be the biggest recruiting weekend in Colorado history
Like that better anyways, more concrete. Excited to see who turns up

Not sure where to post this. Player reaction to PRIME’s speech and the feelings on the team. Pretty interesting listening to his take and the way the team has been run. Sounds like there are going to be a lot more available scholarships.

Just speculation:
PRIME told a bunch of the blue chips to delay announcement or signing until National Signing day, or at least until his final game at Jackson State. This includes Hunter, other current players on JS, and high profile transfer portal guys (Horn Jr, etc.).

The purpose being to drive media coverage and make a bigger splash. A theory, nothing more.
Tampering happens all the time, but it’s still technically against the rules. The JSU transfers are still playing for JSU and not in the portal. Technically contacting then and having them transfer would be a violation, I believe. Once they get through the bowl, they’ll enter the portal, then they’ll be “offered” and then they’ll commit.

Others in the portal now can and will commit any time. Wouldn’t be surprised if Horn and his buddy pop this weekend. Prime’s draw is getting us into a lot of doors but there are still a bunch of recruits that believe the national narrative that our facilities are ****, etc… so there will be a factor of getting them on campus. Prime’s also got a million things to do the last few days so I expect this weekend that there’ll be a lot more time for longer conversations with players and families to help solidify things rather than the quickie offers that have likely been happening. NIL details also have to be hammered out with a lot of this level of player.

I do think there are also some waiting to see if people like Hunter really do end up coming as well

Tampering happens all the time, but it’s still technically against the rules. The JSU transfers are still playing for JSU and not in the portal. Technically contacting then and having them transfer would be a violation, I believe. Once they get through the bowl, they’ll enter the portal, then they’ll be “offered” and then they’ll commit.

Others in the portal now can and will commit any time. Wouldn’t be surprised if Horn and his buddy pop this weekend. Prime’s draw is getting us into a lot of doors but there are still a bunch of recruits that believe the national narrative that our facilities are ****, etc… so there will be a factor of getting them on campus. Prime’s also got a million things to do the last few days so I expect this weekend that there’ll be a lot more time for longer conversations with players and families to help solidify things rather than the quickie offers that have likely been happening. NIL details also have to be hammered out with a lot of this level of player.

I do think there are also some waiting to see if people like Hunter really do end up coming as well

Hunters Comin

Not a well-considered message to put out there in a transfer tweet. He's only going to limit his opportunities and hurt himself.

That said, it drives me crazy that it's a one way street. Coaches can treat players like dirt and hurt them by giving bad reviews when another coach calls to ask about a transfer he's considering. But if a player says anything about a coach, he gets his character assassinated by coaches and fans.

It's not fair. But life isn't fair and you've got to play the game smartly. I hope it's just a blip and he doesn't hurt his future.

P.S. Leach is a prick. He's like the football Bobby Knoght with how he treats others while considering himself unassailable. This is hard to post, because I fear that speaking ill of Leach might crush Duff's heart.

The 2022 season did not break me, but finding out Mike Leach is a dickhole did.

Can you please summarize the video. It is now labeled “private”
Team is jello soft, they didn't work all that hard this year, they don't know how Prime is allowed to run guys off (i think they are confusing having a scholarship with being on the team). Basically they are completely unprepared for what is coming their way. Some will make it out the other side. But if that player is any indication of the general sentiment on the team, most are going to get run off because they lack mental and physical toughness.

Team is jello soft, they didn't work all that hard this year, they don't know how Prime is allowed to run guys off (i think they are confusing having a scholarship with being on the team). Basically they are completely unprepared for what is coming their way. Some will make it out the other side. But if that player is any indication of the general sentiment on the team, most are going to get run off because they lack mental and physical toughness.
Thanks!

Watching this team play, I hated the coaching but I felt that the 2022 Buffs were lazy and soft. That kinda confirms it.

Last edited:
It never should've in the first place. Sociology students are not held to the same standard as engineering students. Biology students spend more time in class than a business major because they have lab requirements. They also have to study more due to the difficulty of the material

>hey Gary, check our npc tablet. It generated an output that coalesced the one and done report and socioeconomic report.

This was so cringe I short circuited... Don't worry though, suggestions will be provided

Do you have a ****ty memory, perhaps you don't remember highschool and how some of the better athletes didn't like schoolwork? Maybe you're naive and never heard about the UNC athletic department scandal? No I don't think it's any of those, I think you're just a ****ty stupid person who would rather pander than offer helpful suggestions and you don't even realize the harm it's actually causing, you just like how it makes you feel better

>Hey coach prime, why are you so harsh on those kids, don't you want to help them?

>I am helping them, treating them with kid gloves isn't preparing them for the real world.

Please tell me how a setting of greater opportunity, a university, will magically help someone who reads at a 4th grade level? It can't, it wasn't designed that way. Offering a program that can be curated for athletes is better than anything I've heard.
> Can't read? Don't worry, everyone starts somewhere, we'll teach you.

Are these universities so elitist that they refuse to teach technical skills? Giving players an associates to become a plumber or car mechanic is infinitely better than giving them one of the fake degrees. If you can read a playbook, you can read a p&id

...Cant say your post wasn't funny tho. "There may be a ton kids who would flourish academically... but they didn’t get the right classes or focus on qualifying for the next level." Buckle down and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!? Huh, a neocon... no thanks but tell jeb and Liz I said hi
Maybe I should have chosen a tougher degree…to help me understand what the **** is happening here.

Last edited:
It never should've in the first place. Sociology students are not held to the same standard as engineering students. Biology students spend more time in class than a business major because they have lab requirements. They also have to study more due to the difficulty of the material

>hey Gary, check our npc tablet. It generated an output that coalesced the one and done report and socioeconomic report.

This was so cringe I short circuited... Don't worry though, suggestions will be provided

Do you have a ****ty memory, perhaps you don't remember highschool and how some of the better athletes didn't like schoolwork? Maybe you're naive and never heard about the UNC athletic department scandal? No I don't think it's any of those, I think you're just a ****ty stupid person who would rather pander than offer helpful suggestions and you don't even realize the harm it's actually causing, you just like how it makes you feel better

>Hey coach prime, why are you so harsh on those kids, don't you want to help them?

>I am helping them, treating them with kid gloves isn't preparing them for the real world.

Please tell me how a setting of greater opportunity, a university, will magically help someone who reads at a 4th grade level? It can't, it wasn't designed that way. Offering a program that can be curated for athletes is better than anything I've heard.

Are these universities so elitist that they refuse to teach technical skills? Giving players an associates to become a plumber or car mechanic is infinitely better than giving them one of the fake degrees. If you can read a playbook, you can read a p&id

...Cant say your post wasn't funny tho. "There may be a ton kids who would flourish academically... but they didn’t get the right classes or focus on qualifying for the next level." Buckle down and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!? Huh, a neocon... no thanks but tell jeb and Liz I said hi
That was the worst Literotica story ever.

P.S. Leach is a prick. He's like the football Bobby Knight with how he treats others while considering himself unassailable. This is hard to post, because I fear that speaking ill of Leach might crush Duff's heart.
We’ve been told they are adults and can earn as much, or more in some cases, as their coach. Nothing is fair. Everything is fair.
I no longer feel sorry for any player. They brought this on themselves.

We’ve been told they are adults and can earn as much, or more in some cases, as their coach. Nothing is fair. Everything is fair.
I no longer feel sorry for any player. They brought this on themselves.
You’re not wrong, but keep in mind that a lot of these kids have no idea what they are getting themselves into wrt this new world where there’s money flying around. It’s all so new, and a bunch of these kids really just always wanted to play football, that’s it. There’s a lot of schools across the country that these players can do that.

Not sure where to post this. Player reaction to PRIME’s speech and the feelings on the team. Pretty interesting listening to his take and the way the team has been run. Sounds like there are going to be a lot more available scholarships.

Looks like he switched the video to private. Broad strokes what it was about:

-brother interviewing brother on CU roster (walk-on)
-10 minutes long
-PRIME’s speech freaked a lot of them out
-team is SOFT
-hasn’t been challenging playing in Boulder, wasn’t run as a challenging program
-PRIME has a list of guys he should “cut” (don’t know originator of list)
-interviewee thinks “cuts” definitely need to happen, some players have to go (he knows who should or who he would)
-PRIME has been given total authority to make roster moves, basically cut as many as you want
-QB room is going to be really thin
-lots of players talking about going into portal
-discussion about scholarships and can someone actually be “cut”
-interviewee’s attitude and disposition is super laid back, non-chalant, DGAF, “oh well.”

It really doesn’t come off well, but he’s basically saying what the bulk of us thought, and what Bakhtiari tweeted. The attitude needed to change.

1670507751963.png

Back