What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Woods and Tyson are the only players from last years roster who can make a difference on a good team. Tyson is injured and may not have played this year and DB and WR are the two positions were there is depth. I don't think recruits are concerned about keeping players from last years 1-11 team. In fact, knowing those players will be replaced with more skilled players and having open positions for them to compete for is an attractive option. This is change, good change. The only big loss was the recruit from Louisiana.

this is crazy tv land GIF by YoungerTV

This is a bloodbath - I know it’s likely to help the program turnaround sooner but man it’s got to be a weird day in the Champions Center.
Why? They were already over the scholarship limit before the transfer portal opened with the summer transfers and Coach Prime has repeatedly sent out messages to other states requesting dogs—I think he said he wanted 10 more guys from Florida.

Just the math indicated this was coming. And maybe it’s just me but I personally find it hard to be concerned about anyone from a one win team leaving. Air Force whipped these guys asses last year, for crying out loud.

The only really major surprise for me was the decommit of the DB from Louisiana (especially since he came to the spring game). But as long as Coach Prime is here, I don’t think we need to worry about recruiting the secondary. Good players will want to play for the GOAT.

Outside of Tyson, I didn’t feel like there were any coveted players on the prior roster. Woods, Gray, Hankerson, and MLC were in that next group. After that, Sami and Deion Smith.

Ok so who’s next?

-D. Carter
-Robinson
-Harkey
-Eckardt
-Austin
-Magalei
-Gustav (no mentions of him for a while)
-Wiley (would have thought this is a given but staff seems to like his effort)
-Bethel

Surprises:
-Deion Smith

This year, there’s a new rule incoming coaches can cut/retire 10 players from the inherited roster. I wonder how many of todays defections are from that 10.

Edit: in the time it took to write that Smith transferred out!

Outside of Tyson, I didn’t feel like there were any coveted players on the prior roster. Woods, Gray, Hankerson, and MLC were in that next group. After that, Sami and Deion Smith.

Ok so who’s next?

-D. Carter
-Robinson
-Harkey
-Eckardt
-Austin
-Magalei
-Gustav (no mentions of him for a while)
-Wiley (would have thought this is a given but staff seems to like his effort)
-Bethel

Surprises:
-Deion Smith

This year, there’s a new rule incoming coaches can cut/retire 10 players from the inherited roster. I wonder how many of todays defections are from that 10.

Edit: in the time it took to write that Smith transferred out!
So far, none who announced because these guys all entered the portal

Back