What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

Sanders has been very transparent from day 1. He was going to try and get you to quit. Well, they're quitting. They might not all like it, but this is the reality of what the players asked for with the NIL and transfer changes.

Sanders also believes this brutal honesty is what will help these kids up to find a place that does fit better for them and their skills.
This isn't about talent. We are losing some players like MLC who have the talent to contribute at a P5 level. A number of the players we are losing I had hoped would still be here.

Reality is that most of the guys who are leaving aren't good enough to beat out the guys who will be replacing them. A lot of these guys may hope to get P5 offers but if they are on a roster next year it will be G5 or even FCS.

More importantly this was a team that barely won one game last year. It was a team that would have had trouble winning half of their games in the G5 conferences and that wasn't strictly because of talent. The bigger issue was coaching and even more importantly attitude.

This was a team that didn't know how to win. They didn't know how to prepare as individuals, they didn't know how to work as hard as it takes to match what other programs are doing. They also have a defeatist attitude. They expect to lose, they expect bad things to happen, and they follow it up losing.

Prime is busy bringing in talent but even more importantly he is bringing a whole new way of thinking, a whole new way of believing. This will happen much faster if he doesn't have to push against guys who still have one foot in the past.

It may seem harsh but it is actually better for everyone. Had he kept another 20 guys who really didn't want to be here or who didn't fully buy in it would result in a bad experience for those guys and a tougher transition for everyone else.

Now if guys from last year are both good enough to hang with the talent coming in and completely willing to commit themselves to the new culture then there is a space for them.

Appears the 2023 CU transfer Purge made it on the front page headlines of ESPN.com. LOL. Wow, how the transfer portal and NIL rules have changed the game. Crazy day!!!

We were 1-11 and was the worst P5 team on the planet. I have zero issue with 100% turnover. We had maybe 4-5 guys that were true P5 talent and zero that were top P5 talent. Good luck to all them but no one on last year's team will be missed because of their ability.

Um, I meant this Hatman. :ROFLMAO:
You Will Not Cry Full Metal Jacket GIF
phil-hartman-alcatraz.gif

I’m not specifically concerned with all these players leaving but I am concerned by who’s replacing them. The quantity/quality of players currently in the portal is clearly below the fall portal. In turn many of the recent transfers we’ve offered seem pretty underwhelming. Prime said a few days ago that most of the players who will be starters next season aren’t even on the team yet. I’m really not sure who he’s even hypothetically referring to. Seems like wishful thinking.

I’m not specifically concerned with all these players leaving but I am concerned by who’s replacing them. The quantity/quality of players currently in the portal is clearly below the fall portal. In turn many of the recent transfers we’ve offered seem pretty underwhelming. Prime said a few days ago that most of the players who will be starters next season aren’t even on the team yet. I’m really not sure who he’s even hypothetically referring to. Seems like wishful thinking.
HE AINT HARD TO FIND

Woods and Tyson are the only players from last years roster who can make a difference on a good team. Tyson is injured and may not have played this year and DB and WR are the two positions were there is depth. I don't think recruits are concerned about keeping players from last years 1-11 team. In fact, knowing those players will be replaced with more skilled players and having open positions for them to compete for is an attractive option. This is change, good change. The only big loss was the recruit from Louisiana.
Helping with the schollie limit.

It won't be a one year process.

Safe to say that not only are a lot of the players we will see this fall not on the current roster but almost certain that a significant number of the guys playing for us in 2024 won't be on the roster this fall.

Prime isn't going to stop just because games start again, this is an ongoing process.

Grey "outfit". Jesus fvcking Christ.

Tell me you don't know how this works while absolutely telling me you don't know how all this works.
I figured out why he and a handful of others were in grey in the first 2 minutes of the scrimmage.

Freaking morons with their hot takes.

Jeez! Today seems like fun is over. The Champions Center energy must seem strange while this is all happening. Obviously some saw what was coming, while many were probably still holding on to hope that this would still be the optimistic, but firm good times, especially after the ball that was the spring game.

I guess Prime has seen what he needs to, and now the last push to get a team fielded in his vision/expectations is on the board.

Outside of Tyson, I didn’t feel like there were any coveted players on the prior roster. Woods, Gray, Hankerson, and MLC were in that next group. After that, Sami and Deion Smith.

Ok so who’s next?

-D. Carter
-Robinson
-Harkey
-Eckardt
-Austin
-Magalei
-Gustav (no mentions of him for a while)
-Wiley (would have thought this is a given but staff seems to like his effort)
-Bethel

Surprises:
-Deion Smith

This year, there’s a new rule incoming coaches can cut/retire 10 players from the inherited roster. I wonder how many of todays defections are from that 10.

Edit: in the time it took to write that Smith transferred out!
And Harkey

Hankerson needs to hit the portal. It's in his interest. IMO if there's a "tie" for PT for some of these positions, or even a perceived tie, it's just human nature for the staff to lean towards the guy(s) that they've brought in.

We had over 70 players here this weekend and not one commit yet…I know we should be patient and Prime mentioned that they apparently already have some transfers locked up, but I expected a little more commits than this after all that hype.

Not to mention the decommitment of our top recruit for 2024 while he was here for the Spring Game really came out of nowhere.

Our other top recruit in 2024 might not even be able to ever play due to legal issues, so we need to start picking up steam in order for us to have one of those “foundational” classes next year.

We had over 70 players here this weekend and not one commit yet…I know we should be patient and Prime mentioned that they apparently already have some transfers locked up, but I expected a little more commits than this after all that hype.

Not to mention the decommitment of our top recruit for 2024 while he was here for the Spring Game really came out of nowhere.

Our other top recruit in 2024 might not even be able to ever play due to legal issues, so we need to start picking up steam in order for us to have one of those “foundational” classes next year.
I too am anxious for the happy side of this to start.... but gotta trust that Prime and Co have a pretty clear understanding of who is coming and going

There’s tons of teams going through what we’re going through right now but I think it’s too hard to focus on anybody but the Buffs at this moment. Portal’s full. And now that we’ve got guys leaving, it might make it more enticing.

So literally every player I'd listed in my head as guys who I'd want to see leave has now left.

Only guys I'd liked to have kept were Tyson, MLC, and Aubrey Smith.

All the other guys essentially never contributed or were red shirts for the worst P5 team in the country.

Can't really miss those guys 🤷

There’s tons of teams going through what we’re going through right now but I think it’s too hard to focus on anybody but the Buffs at this moment. Portal’s full. And now that we’ve got guys leaving, it might make it more enticing.
The portal will be full, and we have the coach who is far and away the most interesting out there, and he ain't hard to find.

We had over 70 players here this weekend and not one commit yet…

Not true, not true. There have been commitments. Those commitments just haven't gone public yet.

If you paid attention during the 1st signing period last December, CU had a new commitment almost every day through the new year. This was clearly orchestrated by Coach Prime to keep CU in the headlines. The commitments will be public when Coach Prime wants them to be public.

Back