What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

RK on the pod said that Prime had a 1-1 meeting with every player on the team yesterday and he gave it to them straight. What do I think about you as a player? What are my impressions about you in the spring? What kind of role do I see for you in the fall?

RK on the pod said that Prime had a 1-1 meeting with every player on the team yesterday and he gave it to them straight. What do I think about you as a player? What are my impressions about you in the spring? What kind of role do I see for you in the fall?
Sorry for everyone this is pitching a fit right now, but that is leadership. I have a great respect for good leaders.

The level of how misinformed you are is scary.

You are going to be surprised at what some dudes look like. Don't care if they are from Maine or Dartmouth. But you will see more guys hitting the radar this week.

How am I misinformed? You do understand we can look up transfers we’ve offered right? See what their stats are, what the level of competition was like, what other schools have offered. Pushing out our players so we can bring in a WR who had 16 catches in three seasons at Marshall (visiting next weekend) doesn’t make much sense. I don’t know why that’s controversial.

Again I don’t blame the staff for some of these offers. That aren’t many quality uncommitted players in the portal. And I have nothing against guys from lower level schools as long as they performed. Adding an edge who had 2.5 sacks at Old Dominion isn’t going to improve the pass rush. Yet Prime keeps strangely saying that most of the team’s starters aren’t even here yet. Wishful thinking.

Anyone pitching a fit has grown accustomed to and accepted losing.

The time is now. It's not pretty, it's a blood bath, let's finish it off. If 15 stay from the originals, I'll be surprised.

I'll take what we have at this exact second, total players, and be happier than with what was on the field last year. I don't give a **** about the depth. Give me who is left, I'll roll with that.

Will be an interesting blend of productive G5 players and athletic former 4 star and 5 star kids who need a restart. In any other year we would be singing our lucky stars to get a few guys who wanted a change of scenery with athletic ability. My prediction is that we have already lacked appreciation for what Coach Prime can do with recruiting.

He is completely changing the depth chart and bringing in players with higher potentials.

I'll miss D.Smith, MLC, and a couple of DB's and I wish Deion didn't promote Cormani so hard on ESPN before he even earns his stripes but overall, we are going to be way more athletic and ready to compete next year.

As far as depth...I've been saying for months we had too many WR's coming in and the math didn't make sense. Now the incoming adds up and we even have a non scholly kid who looked good in the slot. Now it's time to get better/deeper at TE/DL/LB/ATH and win some games in 2023. I'm sick of seeing people on facebook calling CU a 2-win team this year.

Players Association Idk GIF by NBPA

Will be an interesting blend of productive G5 players and athletic former 4 star and 5 star kids who need a restart. In any other year we would be singing our lucky stars to get a few guys who wanted a change of scenery with athletic ability. My prediction is that we have already lacked appreciation for what Coach Prime can do with recruiting.

He is completely changing the depth chart and bringing in players with higher potentials.

I'll miss D.Smith, MLC, and a couple of DB's and I wish Deion didn't promote Cormani so hard on ESPN before he even earns his stripes but overall, we are going to be way more athletic and ready to compete next year.

As far as depth...I've been saying for months we had too many WR's coming in and the math didn't make sense. Now the incoming adds up and we even have a non scholly kid who looked good in the slot. Now it's time to get better/deeper at TE/DL/LB/ATH and win some games in 2023. I'm sick of seeing people on facebook calling CU a 2-win team this year.
Our DBs sucked monkey nuts last year. Yes, even Reed.

View attachment 60357

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Okay bud. Keep that energy.

Mediocre player from a worse conference is magically good because we had a historically bad pass rush last season? You’re grading on curve. Pretty sure games aren’t scored on a curve.

Look I’m thrilled with Prime and the fact we even get to have nit picky arguments like this as opposed to the one-stars from Antarctica Dorell was after. But Prime clearly put the cart in front of the horse with the spring transfer portal. Who exactly are these dozens of P5 worthy transfer starters he keeps promising? Very few are even in the portal. The spring edition Louis is counterfeit.

Mediocre player from a worse conference is magically good because we had a historically bad pass rush last season? You’re grading on curve. Pretty sure games aren’t scored on a curve.

Look I’m thrilled with Prime and the fact we even get to have nit picky arguments like this as opposed to the one-stars from Antarctica Dorell was after. But Prime clearly put the cart in front of the horse with the spring transfer portal. Who exactly are these dozens of P5 worthy transfer starters he keeps promising? Very few are even in the portal. The spring edition Louis is counterfeit.
Serious question. Are you on drugs? Did you watch 1 minute of this team last year? 1-11 and worst P5 team in almost all categories. It is also not just about the talent. Kids have to buy in. Talent does not override the buy in. Buy in will override talent. We have NO ONE on last year's team that can not be replaced.

Serious question. Are you on drugs? Did you watch 1 minute of this team last year? 1-11 and worst P5 team in almost all categories. It is also not just about the talent. Kids have to buy in. Talent does not override the buy in. Buy in will override talent. We have NO ONE on last year's team that can not be replaced.
Just remember. There always has to be that one message board guy….

So who prompted this response? was it Deeve Harris or Chazz Wallace?

To start with I don't agree with you about the guys coming in not being better than those leaving.

Most of these guys have film, were guys that members of the staff remember from recruiting out of high school, or they have contacts on the staffs of the schools they came from.

Absolutely guaranteed that a good number of them won't work out but I'd be willing to bet that number will be lower than the number of kids from last years team who wouldn't contribute if they stayed instead of leaving.

But beyond that even even if the kid coming in is equal to the kid leaving we are ahead. This program was rotten to the core, losing had become the expectation, performing in conditioning, practice, and in games at a level far below excellent had established itself as the norm.

We need talent but even more we need to change the entire culture of the program. Any holdover who also brings a piece of last years culture is a negative.

Congratulations…you’ve uncovered a list of excellent players almost all of whom are already enrolled or committed. Now try looking at the available players…
Like I already pointed out...filter by position..look how many guys haven't even received a transfer rating yet. Main and Rodman wont be among the top 100 available guys once everyone is rated.

Last edited:
View attachment 60357

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Okay bud. Keep that energy.
The fact that CU's sack leader (I presume that's what this list shows, I didn't watch much last year) had the same number of sacks as the ODU guy is proof that the ODU guy is a sure upgrade? Aren't you kind of making GoBuffs99's point? Help me out here.

How am I misinformed? You do understand we can look up transfers we’ve offered right? See what their stats are, what the level of competition was like, what other schools have offered. Pushing out our players so we can bring in a WR who had 16 catches in three seasons at Marshall (visiting next weekend) doesn’t make much sense. I don’t know why that’s controversial.

Again I don’t blame the staff for some of these offers. That aren’t many quality uncommitted players in the portal. And I have nothing against guys from lower level schools as long as they performed. Adding an edge who had 2.5 sacks at Old Dominion isn’t going to improve the pass rush. Yet Prime keeps strangely saying that most of the team’s starters aren’t even here yet. Wishful thinking.
It’s cool. You just don’t get how this all works.

This is Allbuffs, the temple of Groupthink. Healthy skepticism, even on a theoretical level, is often unwelcome.

The fact that CU's sack leader (I presume that's what this list shows, I didn't watch much last year) had the same number of sacks as the ODU guy is proof that the ODU guy is a sure upgrade? Aren't you kind of making GoBuffs99's point? Help me out here.
The other guy is using the ODU edge transfer as proof that Prime is over his skis in this spring portal period, but what he fails to understand is that ODU’s sack leader (who also has been highly praised by NFL scouts) was equal to or better than anyone we had last year and is coming in as a depth/rotational/ST addition.

I think it’s taking some people a while to understand that not every portal addition is going to be Jimmy Horn or Travis Hunter types. Prime is building this roster from scratch and that’s going to include transfers who aren’t being brought in to be starters.

Back