What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

@LesGrossman seems to be taking this very hard. I’ve been wondering if there’s anything we can do to cheer him up.

dance-tropic-thunder.gif

The other guy is using the ODU edge transfer as proof that Prime is over his skis in this spring portal period, but what he fails to understand is that ODU’s sack leader (who also has been highly praised by NFL scouts) was equal to or better than anyone we had last year and is coming in as a depth/rotational/ST addition.

I think it’s taking some people a while to understand that not every portal addition is going to be Jimmy Horn or Travis Hunter types. Prime is building this roster from scratch and that’s going to include transfers who aren’t being brought in to be starters.
Harris wasn't their sack leader. 5th or 6th on the team...

That said, he's an upgrade over all the edge rushers we've lost.

The other guy is using the ODU edge transfer as proof that Prime is over his skis in this spring portal period, but what he fails to understand is that ODU’s sack leader (who also has been highly praised by NFL scouts) was equal to or better than anyone we had last year and is coming in as a depth/rotational/ST addition.

I think it’s taking some people a while to understand that not every portal addition is going to be Jimmy Horn or Travis Hunter types. Prime is building this roster from scratch and that’s going to include transfers who aren’t being brought in to be starters.
OK. Thanks.

I've been a fan of this team for 15 years, and all the ****ing 15 years are DARK, except for the miracle 2016. I'm ****ing tired of it. I'm ****ing tired of losing. I'm ****ing tired of being the laughingstock of the whole nation.

And now we get a chance to turn things around. We actually get THE recruiting god of CFB. And some of the you are bitching about the leaving of 3-4 okay P5 players?

What's wrong with you guys?

It feels like the same guys who didn’t get the message that CP was going to flip the roster, are the same guys who are thinking we will NOT upgrade the roster.

Staff has been hinting we got more dogs lined up. They coming.
I saw this on the Reddit thread earlier.

'CU will have no depth!'

As if we aren't going to have new players coming in?

Same crap I've read on CU message boards for the past 15 years. Listing off a bunch of guys as a sign that we have depth at a position. Warm bodies do not equal depth people. If Prime does his job, then this will be the first time we have depth since 2016

'CU will have no depth!'

Same crap I've read on CU message boards for the past 15 years. Listing off a bunch of guys as a sign that we have depth at a position. Warm bodies do not equal depth people. If Prime does his job, then this will be the first time we have depth since 2016
Its clear people just dont understand the transfer portal, at all.

'CU will have no depth!'

Wasn’t there a poster around here for awhile that we all hated that confused depth with talent. Hmmm, what was his name…🥴

I met with the staff; they evaluated my fandom and support. They let me know if and how i fit into their future plans for fans.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Buff Nation for all the love and support over all these years. I will be forever grateful for my time as a fan of CU and a booster and an alum and so forth.

I have decided, after praying on it, consulting with my family and advisors, and further discussions with the staff about my future, that i will be entering the transfer portal. I am old, currently jet lagged, perhaps slightly drugged and soon to be inebriated but i feel like i have a lot to give to the right program. Only God knows how many years of eligibility i have let, but i have been told i am too mean to die If that helps.

Please Respect My Decision. God’s Plan!

Nah, never mind. I am going to go ahead and stick around. I mean, wtf, we came this far, been through all this. now is not the time to get soft over roster changes. We gonna win.

Janelle Monae Hate GIF

Only a handful were losses. My only concern is can we replace all these guys? Most of our recent portal offers look pretty meh to me

from a keeler column in the DP - for subscribers only;

"I couldn’t have stayed (at CU),” Page, the former Buffs and Fairview wide receiver told me Monday. “I really wanted to. They said it was just best for me to leave.”

They?

“It was my position coach,” Page replied.

John Tyson would call it something, all right. But it’s not something we can print.

“My thoughts on Deion wouldn’t be good, so I’m not going to say anything,” the elder Tyson, father of former freshman Buffs wideout Jordyn Tyson, another Monday portal entry, told me by phone.

Back