What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

22-23 Transfer Portal and General Recruiting Catch-All Thread

It was also when we got all the amazing "The Rise" videos, so much hype that season.
15168673_10210930183513243_2713878840688053809_o.jpg
That Buff Light would be freaking awesome!
Put it on the Terrace, and have Prime walk out and fire it up

I suspect we will lose some we should win this year and vice versa. I intend to enjoy not watching some slow Unathletic db trip over his own feet as a low average wideout blows past him.

Take joy in the little things. Big things are coming.
This is exactly how I'm viewing this season. I think the upgrade in talent and speed and scheme(s) will be noticeable, and I'm going to enjoy that for what it is. It's going to be hard to get brand new schemes and personnel all moving together as one in this small a window of time, especially on defense. I think that's what all the "other coaches" being quoted are referencing when they assert that this is too much turnover to manage in one year.

However, I think the new offensive scheme and QB will deliver an immediate improvement and offensive potency. But our schedule is so brutal that we are going to be in some serious scoring battles, and I think it will be really hard to avoid little mistakes here and there which may upend necessary drives against really good teams (which is almost all of our schedule).

None of those concerns in any way diminish my excitement for this year. Truly, I don't care if we make a bowl game. I just want to see the new direction, better players, more speed, bigger size on the lines, and smart play-calliing I can respect and understand. If all that happens, we should be light-years more competitive, and that's all I need. In other years, against a normal schedule, those improvements would get us to a bowl. This year, it's going to be incredibly hard.

Finally get to say GO BUFFS without the internal sense of irony I've felt for so long.

Last edited:

Transfer DL from Kentucky. 4 years of eligibility remaining.

The 6-foot-4, 278-pounder was an early enrollee in January of 2022 and played in three games as a true freshman — vs. Miami Ohio, Youngstown State and in the Music City Bowl against Iowa.

Playing time appeared to be in the cards for the DL in 2023, as defensive coordinator Brad White had previously complemented his twitch and weight gain as two positives for depth in the trenches. Instead, he'll search for a new program, where playing time may be more guaranteed.

The 6-foot-4, 278-pounder was an early enrollee in January of 2022 and played in three games as a true freshman — vs. Miami Ohio, Youngstown State and in the Music City Bowl against Iowa.

Playing time appeared to be in the cards for the DL in 2023, as defensive coordinator Brad White had previously complemented his twitch and weight gain as two positives for depth in the trenches. Instead, he'll search for a new program, where playing time may be more guaranteed.

This is the best short article I have read recently to explain to the unwashed hordes and internet pundits exactly what is up with all the transfers, and why the players who were cut can still stay at Boulder as a student on scholly if they want.

Back