What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'23 FL CB Cormani McClain (Signed to COLORADO)

Playing to subscribers is what it's called
Been happening for years with certain schools that generate big subscriber bases.

Over the years kids who commit or show strong leans to Notre Dame, Nebraska, Texas, etc have magically seen their ratings go up. Rarely does performance on the field for those schools classes match their overall ratings.

Local example is the Pine Creek High School kids who leaned then signed to Nebraska taking 4* ratings with them. Based on their play here and their mixed results in the land of feedlots no way they should have been 4* but the fusker fans gladly pay to read and hear how "great" they are.

It really is a shame, because the off-season was always more interesting with BigBang’s analysis of our depth. Particularly the OL depth. The fun part was reminding him that having 12-15 guys on the roster who are listed as OL didn’t equate to having any depth there. He died on that hill several times. So if you’re wondering what happened to him, find that hill, and you’ll find his corpse nearby.

It really is a shame, because the off-season was always more interesting with BigBang’s analysis of our depth. Particularly the OL depth. The fun part was reminding him that having 12-15 guys on the roster who are listed as OL didn’t equate to having any depth there. He died on that hill several times. So if you’re wondering what happened to him, find that hill, and you’ll find his corpse nearby.
Who are these unkown people doing the ratings? I am sure they are good at their jobs. But i will depend on my evaluation not some journalist thinking a 17 year old is a 4 star or 5 star. Or some coach that runs a different system from mine that offers a player.

conspiracy theory #420: the discussions around having the highest rated CB duo in ranking history was getting under the skin of enough of the site operators that they trashed this guy's ranking out of pure spite.

i suspect that, wherever the player signs, he is going to kick some serious ass.

conspiracy theory #420: the discussions around having the highest rated CB duo in ranking history was getting under the skin of enough of the site operators that they trashed this guy's ranking out of pure spite.

i suspect that, wherever the player signs, he is going to kick some serious ass.
Did any other site than On3 lower his rating?

That is so ****ing awesomely ****ing ****ed up, i really want it to be totally true.
I just looked, it’s 3 players that they moved into their overall top 50, one of which they lived up to 32 overall and gave him a 5*. They also ran a very positive story on Graham Mertz today, who is really ****ing bad, but this new recruiting publication seems like they are going to gain traction in the marketplace by fudging the standings to appease big fanbases

I just looked, it’s 3 players that they moved into their overall top 50, one of which they lived up to 32 overall and gave him a 5*. They also ran a very positive story on Graham Mertz today, who is really ****ing bad, but this new recruiting publication seems like they are going to gain traction in the marketplace by fudging the standings to appease big fanbases
The model works.

What are the top ten fan bases for generating subscriptions?

OK. Focus articles on them and inflate their classes. They'll flock to us.

It's what I'd do if I was launching a site like that and it wasn't a non-profit or passion play.

dont-care.gif

Last edited:
I hate that so much.

Worst profanity filter ever award goes to the Cal board taking PC to a whole other level. When Sonny was their coach, his last name posted as *****. 😂
Dykes in Berkeley.

I started trying to look up the backgrounds of the On3 publishers. I got bored so I stopped. One dude seemed to be a Florida State guy.

Cormani (#7) has them guessing. That's nothing new. Don't say they have me moving like the President. I guess that's why they are hating*.

</Eddie Murphy white guy voice>

* https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hating
There's no way he's going to understand this.
Boomer here! Might one of you fine lads offer an interpretation of what in the holy **** that means?!!
Cormani is keeping everyone on their toes and guessing about where he'll commit to. It is in his character to take his time. Because he's not like everyone else and enjoys the suspense/drama, there are a lot of people that are trying to piss in his Cheerios. He's not just going through the motions to make his decision or a puppet like Biden. Don't doubt his abilities simply because he is taking his time. To all you naysayers, choke on a bag of dix.

Cormani is keeping everyone on their toes and guessing about where he'll commit to. It is in his character to take his time. Because he's not like everyone else and enjoys the suspense/drama, there are a lot of people that are trying to piss in his Cheerios. He's not just going through the motions to make his decision or a puppet like Biden. Don't doubt his abilities simply because he is taking his time. To all you naysayers, choke on a bag of dix.
Don’t want none of them puppets!

Confused Excuse Me GIF by GIPHY News

Cormani is an incredible talent

Ps. How was my post the only one to get removed in this thread. Wild

Back