What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

24-25 MBB Team

Version 7 of his Preseason Top 25 already and almost no one has a complete roster yet. These things must get a ton of clicks. 😂
Its pretty telling of the current state of College basketball that everyone on this list is "They're here because they at least got 2 or 3 starters to return".

This is gonna look very different once portal closes.

We shouldn't be comparing any rosters right now. Every team has an incomplete roster right now, I'd take our roster right now over half the old Pac still. Tad, continuity, player development, and the roster turnover elsewhere.

I'd take our roster over Washington's , USC's current roster (Musselman needs to turn over entire roster, Cal, Arizona State, Stanford- I know OSU and WSU are no longer power conference but still.

Again in a month, this all changes so it's kind of a mute point but all rosters are a mess right now ours isn't that but definitely still need some pieces which we will add.

The issue is that Tad has shown neither a willingness nor ability to recruit transfers. In fact he’s been openly hostile towards the idea of transfers saying that what the portal has become is bad for cbb and giving cringe-worthy quotes like “they’re not serious students and are only going to schools to play basketball,” and, “it deprives me the joy of seeing players develop from freshman to seniors.”

Even if he adds a few more transfers I wouldn’t be optimistic about the quality. Baskin’s most notable other offers were from Utah and CSU and Jakimovski is mediocre. We’re not even being listed as contenders for the type of players we need to have a good team next year. I hope to proven wrong.

I hope to proven wrong.
Peyton Manning What GIF by Gatorade

The issue is that Tad has shown neither a willingness nor ability to recruit transfers. In fact he’s been openly hostile towards the idea of transfers saying that what the portal has become is bad for cbb and giving cringe-worthy quotes like “they’re not serious students and are only going to schools to play basketball,” and, “it deprives me the joy of seeing players develop from freshman to seniors.”

Even if he adds a few more transfers I wouldn’t be optimistic about the quality. Baskin’s most notable other offers were from Utah and CSU and Jakimovski is mediocre. We’re not even being listed as contenders for the type of players we need to have a good team next year. I hope to proven wrong.
"...neither a willingness nor ability to recruit transfers."
Bro, c'mon. This is just plain false.
Fortune, Wright, Gatling, Daniels, White, Gabbidon, Wright, Hadley, Lampkin, Baskin

Also, have you watched Baskin or Jakimovski play live? Have you watched their film?
FTR - Jakimovski put up 10/5/2.5 against us in 2 games last year.

Posted immediately after he picks up a transfer.

I like how the fire Tad crew is already back out after the best season men’s basketball has had in 60 years.

Most wins in program history, 2 wins in NCAA tournament made it to conference championship game, finishing 3rd in conference, and 3 nba draft picks with an AD that gives zero Fs about bball, for a University for no history in basketball, in a State that produces barely any college talent.

So critiquing next years roster a month before it’s finalized seems like a great way to spend our time.

I guess Coach Boyle found at least one kid that is a student that intends to transfer. Baskin was just named an academic all american.

Just out of curiosity how do you know what offers Baskin got GoBUffs99? Maybe he limited it to schools in the region. Even if it was only CSU and Utah, what's wrong with that. CSU made it to the tournament this year and if memory serves beat Colorado last season. Utah made it to the Final 4 of the NIT and once again if memory serves me correctly beat Colorado last season at least once. Both very respectable programs with good success over the years.

Jakimovski is a 3.5 student as well. Played on a tournament team and posted good numbers despite being injured for a part of the season, but still played.

It remains to be seen who all Boyle will get out of the portal, but wouldn't it be a good idea to wait and see before you pass judgement. Most every team in the the BIg 12 and the rest of Division 1 basketball is currently rebuilding a large portion of their rosters. Maybe CU is gonna do a good job and find some good pieces and be a good team again this year. A modicum of optimism would be good.

I'd tend to agree, with Boyle, the portal is ruing basketball and football. Tearing down loyalty and development in the name of the dollar. More over the current arch of NIL and Portal transfers is unsustainable in the long run, and shows that most coaches can't develop players anymore and can only write checks. So if Boyle wants to recruit and develop players over time, I personally have zero issue with that methodology, its kind of refreshing in an era of greed.

I haven't been on this feed long, but I don't think GoBuffs99 knows much about much.

Last edited:
Fortune, Wright, Gatling, Daniels, White, Gabbidon, Wright, Hadley, Lampkin, Baskin
You forgot Brown and Horne.

But still that’s only a dozen transfers over fifteen recruiting cycles. Is that supposed to disprove my point? That’s got to be amongst the fewest transfers in the country for any program during that period.

But still that’s only a dozen transfers over fifteen recruiting cycles. Is that supposed to disprove my point? That’s got to be amongst the fewest transfers in the country for any program during that period.
Which shows Tads ability to recruit, develop, and retain.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

You wish we had more roster turnover the last 15 years so Tad could have brought in more transfers so we could backfill better this year?

Again look at the NIL conversations, what transfers do you think we should land and I’ll tell you why we can’t afford them. Which again is why Tads strategy is still best, if we went fully in transfer portal we’d get boat raced because we can’t afford to buy a roster every year.

Also for everyone sleeping on our sophomores next year Diop and Dak.

Tristan went from 2.7 to 9 points a game as a fresh to sophomore, Hammond 2.9 to 7, KJ 7.4 to 16, Bari 7.6 to 14.5, Kee 3.7 to 11.1.

They will make big jumps, I truly think Dak can turn into something special! Also excited to see what Courtney can do started college at 17!

If one of the freshman can be a rotation player too that helps a ton!

Also for everyone sleeping on our sophomores next year Diop and Dak.

Tristan went from 2.7 to 9 points a game as a fresh to sophomore, Hammond 2.9 to 7, KJ 7.4 to 16, Bari 7.6 to 14.5, Kee 3.7 to 11.1.

They will make big jumps, I truly think Dak can turn into something special! Also excited to see what Courtney can do started college at 17!

If one of the freshman can be a rotation player too that helps a ton!
I just love the fact that Dak wants to block everything on D and dunk everything on O.

He’s gonna have serve up some facials next year.

And yet we seem to win. Listen, I have issues with Tad’s coaching on occasion but bringing in good players, whether HS or transfer, isn’t the issue you seem to think it is.

Also, have you watched Baskin or Jakimovski play live? Have you watched their film?
FTR - Jakimovski put up 10/5/2.5 against us in 2 games last year.
Thank you for beating me to this.

Some speculation that many CBB dudes are waiting for the last NIL payout at their current school, due May 1st, before they bounce. Could be something to watch

Back