What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signed to CU '24 FL LB Kyeran Garcia

WasianCU

Club Member
Club Member
247 link
ESPN link
Rivals link
hudl link
On3 link

11194170.png

Dunbar HS (Fort Myers, FL)

Twitter link
Instagram link

Ht: 6'0"
Wt: 215
40:

247s rating: 3* - 84 grade; #180 LB
ESPN rating: unrated OLB
Rivals rating: unrated ILB
On3 rating: unrated LB

247sports Composite: unrated

Reported Offers: COLORADO, Air Force, Army, FIU, Kent St, Navy, Temple, FCS offers

Last edited:
Hopefully they found something here. Gonna be our lowest rated signee and he's at one of our biggest need positions. Some pressure on the coaches to get this one right.

Very good FCS players very often level up to P5 in the portal
If he can get the read time down, his react seems pretty good. Love to see some more Landman in there, but that’s true with every ILB. He seems to be able to work around blocks efficiently, though its hard to know with the competition level.

Will be an interesting one to watch. Will he RS, play special teams, and develop into a starter. That would make for a good story.
A scholarship player developing into a starter would make for a good story? There are plenty of kids on the roster who have put in the work and are worthy of being put on scholarship if you want a "good story".

It would certainly be disheartening to learn this was a reach just to meet meet HCCP's SWFL recruit quota...

Welcome to Buff Nation young man. Work hard and knock'em dead. I'll be rooting for you.

I like the underdog so I watched Garcia's film last night. It is a highlight reel and I came away impressed. Sorry, De Lama, but we will agree to disagree on Garcia. IMO, if he was really 6'2" 225 with publicity, he might have been a blue chip or high 3*. I think ESPN and the local paper has his height and weight correct (6', about 215), but Rivals lists him 6'3" 235. Maybe he grew. He looks to have a body that will grow. His stats were excellent over two years. I just do not think he got that one Blue Blood offer, where his recruiting took off. Maybe he did not attend the right camps, or played baseball/another sport track instead??

On film, it is always hard to tell the level competition, as he comes from a smaller conference. However, the opponents did not look overly small, he did not look overly huge either, yet he really stood out. Garcia is a traditional stay at home run stopping/blitzing linebacker--plain and simple. I did not see him much in pass coverage. My biggest take away is it looks like the game "slows down" for him--very smart/high GPA, no panic rather patience, confident in his reads, sort of sniffs out the play (I can see why his knickname is K9), and is very efficient (not many wasted steps in those highlights) while making solid plays. He moves well, takes good angles, read/anticipates excellent (sort of the professor type) and more a technician than a brute force guy. Appears to have great tackling fundamentals, but he is just not a huge hitter--so there were not those 'wow' highlights, where the opponent is just blown up. In some highlights he shed blocks to make tackles. His smarts and patience stood out. In all, it just seemed like the game was going much slower for him--he really let the game come to him. Very steady eddy. I imagine he will be good in gap control.

As of today, it is doubtful that Garcia is the gobble-up ILB, contributing next year, but he did play big for his smaller listed size. If he comes in and is really 6'3," 235 of muscle, then he could compete some. It is hard to tell how his overall quicks and speed will translate into this roster and league. His track stats were good.

I think someone on the CU staff (or close to the CU staff) saw him in person--so perhaps they have his growth potential factored in. The question is how much he grows/fills out and maintains the quicks/speed. If he does, he could be a diamond in the rough--just a very solid/consistent ILB that any team wants. If he does not fill-out, he will maintain a great GPA and he should be good on special teams. I do not expect to see him much next year, but it would not surprise me if he pushes the RS-Frosh LB's we currently have on the roster.

Last edited:
A scholarship player developing into a starter would make for a good story? There are plenty of kids on the roster who have put in the work and are worthy of being put on scholarship if you want a "good story".

It would certainly be disheartening to learn this was a reach just to meet meet HCCP's SWFL recruit quota...
As a lightly recruited 3 star. Yes it would. Especially when you consider CP does most of his work in the portal at the moment.

Back