What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Verbal to other '25 GA QB Julian Lewis

Really? C'mon, a strong Black Man Leader who is outward in his faith and wants what is best for a young man who is also outwardly faithful is irrelevant. Prime is a role model to a lot of families and that is beginning to sink in and is a strength. Wearing a logo piece of clothing is awesome, but the connection is the most important thing. Lincoln Riley and Kirby Smart cannot talk to a young black man the same way.
The point of the post was to unveil the CU logo and get engagement. Why do you have to make it so complicated?

Really? C'mon, a strong Black Man Leader who is outward in his faith and wants what is best for a young man who is also outwardly faithful is irrelevant. Prime is a role model to a lot of families and that is beginning to sink in and is a strength. Wearing a logo piece of clothing is awesome, but the connection is the most important thing. Lincoln Riley and Kirby Smart cannot talk to a young black man the same way.
Ha, it's not that I disagree with anything you're saying, but to insinuate that their mutual outward display of faith is the relevant aspect of that post is pure speculation. The (potentially) deliberate shot of the CU logo at the end was the interesting part of the video... for someone who is committed to USC.

The point of the post was to unveil the CU logo and get engagement. Why do you have to make it so complicated?

Ha, it's not that I disagree with anything you're saying, but to insinuate that their mutual outward display of faith is the relevant aspect of that post is pure speculation. The (potentially) deliberate shot of the CU logo at the end was the interesting part of the video... for someone who is committed to USC.
You are both right on the full content of the video, I was just focusing on how Prime's faith is a powerful tool in his recruitment. Sorry to complicate, was just focusing on one part and not the full message

Do Riley and Smart literally wear a JC symbol on their sleeve when they are coaching.

Lots of coaches make an effort to look like they are "Godly men" and will support a student-athlete in his faith and some of them do truly make their faith an important part of their lives but few are both as out front and as sincere about it as Prime is.

I'm not really sure why his recruiting thread has turned into a religious conversation about a player, Prime and other coaches. I just hope that Lewis continues to grow on and off the field. It is great for CU to be in the sweepstakes for a top QB. His numbers are awesome and I hope that he picks the right school where he will excel in all aspects of life, be an awesome QB and teammate.

Do Riley and Smart literally wear a JC symbol on their sleeve when they are coaching.

Lots of coaches make an effort to look like they are "Godly men" and will support a student-athlete in his faith and some of them do truly make their faith an important part of their lives but few are both as out front and as sincere about it as Prime is.
The JC on Primes sleeve doesnt stand for Jesus Christ. It for Jimmie Callaway.

I'm not really sure why his recruiting thread has turned into a religious conversation about a player, Prime and other coaches. I just hope that Lewis continues to grow on and off the field. It is great for CU to be in the sweepstakes for a top QB. His numbers are awesome and I hope that he picks the right school where he will excel in all aspects of life, be an awesome QB and teammate.
When a player makes a statement that his religion and the practice of that religion will be a key factor in his decision then it becomes something open for discussion. What religion if any and the practice of that religion are the business of the player but when the player states that it will be an important consideration then we can look at the fit.

I too hope that Lewis continues to grow on and off the field and as he seems to be a quality kid with the talent to help us I hope he decides the right place to do that development is here.

Religion is an element of many peoples lives and in terms of their decision making an important one. So are multiple other factors. We shouldn't arbitrarily decide that they aren't subject to conversation simply because some posters don't think they should be.

I would prefer if we didn't have to discuss NIL but it is a part of some players decision making, same thing in the past with decisions based on where the girlfriend decided to go to school, where a student-athlete thought he could get the best opportunity to develop into a rapper, the weather, etc. It's the kid's decision and he gets to make it based on what is important to him.

When a player makes a statement that his religion and the practice of that religion will be a key factor in his decision then it becomes something open for discussion. What religion if any and the practice of that religion are the business of the player but when the player states that it will be an important consideration then we can look at the fit.

I too hope that Lewis continues to grow on and off the field and as he seems to be a quality kid with the talent to help us I hope he decides the right place to do that development is here.

Religion is an element of many peoples lives and in terms of their decision making an important one. So are multiple other factors. We shouldn't arbitrarily decide that they aren't subject to conversation simply because some posters don't think they should be.

I would prefer if we didn't have to discuss NIL but it is a part of some players decision making, same thing in the past with decisions based on where the girlfriend decided to go to school, where a student-athlete thought he could get the best opportunity to develop into a rapper, the weather, etc. It's the kid's decision and he gets to make it based on what is important to him.
The conversation seemed to go to a level of speculation on the sincerity of the religious beliefs of different coaches, which I found bizarre. I agree it's completely appropriate to say that "he's prioritizing his faith in his college decision and that should be positive for CU with Coach Prime."

This is probably just recency bias or because he’s technically no longer an option; But when I watched Underwood’s film, I didn’t immediately think “yeah I see why he’s the top overall recruit and QB.” But with Lewis’ film it just feels like he pops more to me. Idk. Don’t get me wrong, I would absolutely love either guy here. But to my untrained scouting eye, I’d prefer Lewis over Underwood if they were both an option

Last edited:
he could get 4 passes out in the time it took for tebow to get one pass wound up and sent downfield. he looks like a perfect fit for shurmer and would be a perfect continuation of what we have with shedeur. i personally havent seen enough of his personality to know that he's a fit but the talent and production looks perfect for the next stage of this program. love his talent, love him for us.

And it doesn’t jibe, either!
iu

Back