What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2nd CFP Poll - Tonight at 5pm MT ESPN #12 COLORADO

Where will CU rank tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you think the committee would deal with okie light if they won out? That one loss wasn't a loss.

These guys grew up with CU being good. They are excited when CU is good. People want CU to be good.

Herbie has been on the Buff bandwagon for a while.

I've always considered Herbstreit to be an honest broker in his analyses of CFB despite the fact that he's a ****ing suckeye, and so I generally respect and appreciate his opinions on the matter.

But it also seems like he might at least a little bit be throwing a bone or two to his esteemed colleague Chris Fowler after so many years of the latter having to endure the collective misery of Buffs fans everywhere for the past decade or so. And I can't dislike him for that either.

We deserve to be where we are, but to be honest, I'm not sure we're the 12th best team in the country. We need to go out and prove it over these next 3 weeks. This team has a chance to do something very special (even though they've already achieved a lot). They need to go out there and give it everything they've got. No regrets.

I believe aTm lost there starting QB for the year, so I see them falling out of the playoff picture sooner rather than later

Yeah Colorado is in the best position to crash the party potentially playing 3 top 25 teams in the last 4 weeks and knocking one out of the playoff but they have a very small chance of doing so.

I'm a kirk herbstreit fan, I think he knows college football and he just reiterated why i like him......talking about who is the one 2 loss team that could get in...his response and couldn't have said it better myself..."How about Ralphie?" Love it.

One thing that bugs me: how is USC ranked higher than WSU? WSU was ranked last week and USC was not.

Both won last week. USC's opponent (Oregon) was probably marginally stronger than WSU's (Arizona), but USC was at home and WSU was on the road. Moreover, even though they both won by more than 3 scores, WSU won by 62 points and USC won by "only" 25. Even though neither was an impressive opponent to beat, WSU's win was definitely more impressive.

Additionally, the only other thing that would have changed since last week was how "good" wins look and how "bad" losses look based upon how those opponents did last weekend. The only teams that won last week that either USC or WSU beat previously were:
  • Colorado (so USC's victory over us looks "better" than it did last week)
  • Stanford (so WSU's victory over them looks "better" than last week)
  • Idaho (so WSU's victory over them looks "better" than last week)
All other wins by either team look "just as good" or worse than last week. USC also lost to a team that lost last week- Utah- while all of the teams WSU lost to (BSU and EWU) both won.

Am I missing something?

One thing that bugs me: how is USC ranked higher than WSU? WSU was ranked last week and USC was not.

Am I missing something?
WSU lost to an FCS team? And USC could probably beat just about anybody right now??

I will never get the love fest for USC. They are the same team we were within a score of, without our starting QB, on the road. "...could beat just about anybody.." is an extreme stretch.

WSU lost to an FCS team? And USC could probably beat just about anybody right now??
If losing to an FCS team was such a big deal, then how come WSU was ranked last week and USC leapfrogged them this week?

Also, WSU beat a P5 team on the road by 62 points last week. I'm not sure how you could definitively say that USC could "beat just about anybody right now" if beating someone on the road by 62 points doesn't also qualify WSU for that descriptor.

Back