What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

3rd College Football Poll - Tue, Nov 15 (Buffs #10!!!!)

Where will CU be ranked on Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I texted the Top 10 news to my CU undergrad daughter right after it was announced, and she was like "well duh, everyone knows." The point is that the current students are closely following and into this stuff. Buffs are building a new generation of future alumni support, after a decade or so of wandering in the desert....She's asking about changing her Fall break flight back to SoCal so she can watch the game, but that ain't happening.
and you call yourself a Buff?? WTH

I texted the Top 10 news to my CU undergrad daughter right after it was announced, and she was like "well duh, everyone knows." The point is that the current students are closely following and into this stuff. Buffs are building a new generation of future alumni support, after a decade or so of wandering in the desert....She's asking about changing her Fall break flight back to SoCal so she can watch the game, but that ain't happening.
Neg Rep

Amazing to think that we're ranked in the top 10 and probably won't have a single player garner as much as honorable mention AA consideration.

If this team wins out (WSU, UU, and ideally UW), there is no way this team is not in the Playoff.

Sure there's a way.

Alabama wins out (1).
Clemson wins out (2).
Ohio State beats Michigan, but PSU & Wisconsin play in B1G championship. (OSU is 3 & winner is 4)
Also a possibility that Louisville stayed in front of us or that Oklahoma did (or WVU jumped by winning out)
Also a possibility that a 2-loss Florida wins out and a 1-loss Alabama is selected.

All CU can do is take care of its own business.

Beyond that, we really need Michigan to win out and make the B1G a 1-bid league.

Sure there's a way.

Alabama wins out (1).
Clemson wins out (2).
Ohio State beats Michigan, but PSU & Wisconsin play in B1G championship. (OSU is 3 & winner is 4)
Also a possibility that Louisville stayed in front of us or that Oklahoma did (or WVU jumped by winning out)
Also a possibility that a 2-loss Florida wins out and a 1-loss Alabama is selected.

Beyond that, we really need Michigan to win out and make the B1G a
Sure there's a way.

Alabama wins out (1).
Clemson wins out (2).

Beyond that, we really need Michigan to win out and make the B1G a 1-bid league.

Let me rephrase. For us to make the CFP, we need Stanford to not lay an egg, first. That win has to mean something in the eyes of the committee. Secondly, I believe UW has to win the North for us to have an opportunity, and I based my original post on that thought. If we beat WSU, they may fall out of the rankings next week. It's obvious three weeks into this that the committee doesn't like them. As far as your post, I think there are probably two or three teams in the country who can beat Alabama on their best day, and none of them reside in the SEC. In terms of the ACC, I've always thought Clemson winning it is better for any Pac 12's teams chances of getting in the CFP. Their resume is excellent, even with a loss to a 6 or 7 win Pitt team. The same can't be said for Louisville. Their resume is awful, and if Lamar Jackson wasn't their QB, they're irrelevant. Their only win of note is the one over FSU, and they don't have a shot at another. Even if they won out, I think we'd have a shot to pass them (with wins over possibly four teams in the top 25). As far as the Big 10, I agree with you on Michigan. Where I disagree, though, is on the comparison of their two loss teams to us. There's not much on Penn States resume outside of the win over OSU. I've believed from the release of the first rankings that they've been overrated. I think Wisconsin is the best two loss team in the country, and I think they would get in if they won out. Lastly, Oklahoma. I don't get why we're behind them.....They've got two wins over teams with winning records. If their resume is based on how good their losses are, wouldn't that benefit us, too?

Sure there's a way.

Alabama wins out (1).
Clemson wins out (2).

fivethirtyeight's model gives CU a 66% chance to make the playoff if the Buffs win out and Louisville loses tonight.

Go Houston, I'm digging the matte gray paint on the helmets and the uniforms.

**** Louisville.

Back