What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

5430 Foundation

Sorry, my post was not directed at people on this site specifically, but anyone who remotely follows the sport has to know a well-funded NIL program is crucial to the success of the football program. Unfortunately, NIL is growing more and more important with even high school recruits. IMO, Prime has had to change his tune as a result. As we know, Prime is not patient and the lack of NIL funds is now an impediment to recruiting high-level high school players, and will of course be an issue again in the portal. For example, my understanding is Bear Alexander was paid $500,000 by the USC collective.

That's why he is frustrated.

5430 was organized by people around Prime, and it's for football only. It was initially set up by Eric Belcher and Jason Weiss, both CU donors on the West Coast. They deserve tremendous kudos for getting this thing off the ground. It's been actively courting donors since late spring. Recently, it was rolled out to the public after the website was finished.

5430 went to potential large donors first ($25,000-$100,000+), and that had mediocre success, with about $2.5 mm committed so far, but far less funded. There also was an event at BCC on Aug. 20 with about 40 potential donors, and it was not a great success.

Recent status ~30 players being compensated, need is about ~25,000-$50,000 per player. Also, much larger $$$ ($100,000 or more per year) are needed for certain high-level recruits.

NIL is the one area CU is lagging far behind its peers.
Thanks for the info. I bet many are hesitant and were in wait-and-see mode preseason. I’m sure with the correct promotion and season success we’ll see more capital unlocked. Need some fundraising and marketing pros on the case

My understanding is the purpose of 5430 is to be able to say "Jordan Seaton, we would like you to come to Boulder and work with the Boulder Humane Society. In return, we're prepared to give you $250,000 for your time."
Agree 100. The campus, Champions Center, Coach Prime and all the exposure gets us a seat at the table with all the really elite guys. Look at how we are now in the top 5 of so
many of these guys..but the bag is what will close the deal for a lot of these guys like it or not. Put yourself in the shoes of some of these guys that are elite and have options from all the big blue blood programs that also are offering bags…If you come from a situation where your family or loved ones might be struggling financially which one are you going to choose?

Coach Prime wants to win a National Championship and that is going to take NIL money. Listen to his post game from ASU, he doesn’t accept mediocrity. If he thinks he has the resources to win at CU, I think he stays but if its looking like CU continuously is losing out on top talent because of lack of NIL, he is going to go
someplace else where that is not an issue. If we all step up then he can win a NC here at CU.

I agree that CU has fumbled the donor support in the past but hey, now we have a new opportunity to have a more direct impact on getting dawgs on the field so lets make the most of it.

We are now about the NFL AND the NIL. GOod. That line was cute, but outdated. Nice to see Prime adapting.

God I hope CU's fanbase can provide enough to keep him happy. Seems unlikely given the depth of the waters we are swimming in, but here's hopin.

Hopefully the lack of donor funding for the collective is not a reason we look back as to why Prime decided to leave. C'mon, you rich bastards, open up the pocketbooks. @DBT I suggest you cancel your upcoming golf vacation and re-direct your funds to this effort. It is the very least you can do,

Last edited:
This is where Whales can make the water smooth behind them
Small Donors will help without a doubt
But, it is the big donors that can make things far easier for Prime
Paging Robert Smith, Paging Robert Smith
If he could put in $5 Million or so to supercharge this deal, then we have a Natty in sight
He is not an alumni, but there have been constant rumblings that he loves what Prime has done for Boulder-Denver-Colorado, and especially for the players, especially the Black players.
He was trying to buy the Broncos and wants to see things happen
He is worth $8 Billion

I've certainly had speculation since I first heard this. However, the fact that the head coach and athletic director are pumping this up, that leaves all speculation out for me.

If there was ever a time the CU fan base goes all in, this seems to be it.

This is where Whales can make the water smooth behind them
Small Donors will help without a doubt
But, it is the big donors that can make things far easier for Prime
Paging Robert Smith, Paging Robert Smith
If he could put in $5 Million or so to supercharge this deal, then we have a Natty in sight
He is not an alumni, but there have been constant rumblings that he loves what Prime has done for Boulder-Denver-Colorado, and especially for the players, especially the Black players.
He was trying to buy the Broncos and wants to see things happen
He is worth $8 Billion

Who is Robert Smith? Presumably not the RB for OSU and the Vikings.

Hopefully the lack of donor funding for the collective is not a reason we look back as to why Prime decided to leave. C'mon, you rich bastards, open up the pocketbooks. @DBT I suggest you cancel your upcoming golf vacation and re-direct your funds to this effort. It is the very least you can do,
That’s a great idea! Unfortunately almost everything is paid for and non refundable! Darn it! A missed opportunity!

After 20 years of mismanagement and wasting of donor money in epic proportions, they release a fund with almost no messaging/traction/marketing and they want to be mad after one ****ing week?

They should try marketing the fund better, winning more games, and some patience given their history of wasting our money.

That said, I donated. But still, **** that. Give people a reason to donate and get some champs working the phones and fundraising. It’ll take more than 4 wins and minimal fundraising effort over a week to overcome 2 decades of Battered Buff Syndrome
Seriously, long time donor and I just heard about this today, on this board? WTF?

edit: just dropped a chunk on it. But they are not going to reach me via Twitter. I'm not hard to find RG.

Last edited:
So this shows up out of nowhere, a link is posted on the board and I'm supposed to donate so some dude named Jason who "...enjoys playing and watching sports, traveling and spending time with friends and family" can spend my money via some black box operation?

They do claim they are spending some of the money supporting charities that mostly have nothing to do with CU sports. The FAQ's only talk about how to give them money, not one single bit about how they spend the money.

What am I missing here?
It’s been around. Prime and RG support it. Buffs social media is promoting it. It’s run by people who k is what they are doing. No carry. Different than B4L. Carefully organized legally. Tax deductible (consult advisor). Needed. Legit. Hope you donate.

Sorry, my post was not directed at people on this site specifically, but anyone who remotely follows the sport has to know a well-funded NIL program is crucial to the success of the football program. Unfortunately, NIL is growing more and more important with even high school recruits. IMO, Prime has had to change his tune as a result. As we know, Prime is not patient and the lack of NIL funds is now an impediment to recruiting high-level high school players, and will of course be an issue again in the portal. For example, my understanding is Bear Alexander was paid $500,000 by the USC collective.

5430 was organized by people around Prime, and it's for football only. It was initially set up by Eric Belcher and Jason Weiss, both CU donors on the West Coast. They deserve tremendous kudos for getting this thing off the ground. It's been actively courting donors since late spring. Recently, it was rolled out to the public after the website was finished.

5430 went to potential large donors first ($25,000-$100,000+), and that had mediocre success, with about $2.5 mm committed so far, but far less funded. There also was an event at BCC on Aug. 20 with about 40 potential donors, and it was not a great success.

Recent status ~30 players being compensated, need is about ~25,000-$50,000 per player. Also, much larger $$$ ($100,000 or more per year) are needed for certain high-level recruits.

They need a founding sponsor. Thanks for update.

This is good ass info. God I wish we had some ****ing whales in the boat already. Robert Smith, Musk's bro, weathertech dude, anyone come on down. Les will show you a night on the town for a 6 figure donation

Not upset, just skeptical. I haven't heard of it until this thread popped up and don't know anything about Coach Prime being involved. The website is a black box with virtually no pertinent information.
It was in a news cycle here in Denver for a day a couple of weeks back, then I never heard anything about it ever again.

This is good ass info. God I wish we had some ****ing whales in the boat already. Robert Smith, Musk's bro, weathertech dude, anyone come on down. Les will show you a night on the town for a 6 figure donation
This is where Rick will earn his next bag of money. He has the relationships with the donors. Reel in the big fish, RG. In the meantime, the rest of us need to scrape up some cash. Do it, bitches. @Liver We are counting on you. Just delay drinking an hour each day and use the savings for the collective.

This is where Rick will earn his next bag of money. He has the relationships with the donors. Reel in the big fish, RG. In the meantime, the rest of us need to scrape up some cash. Do it, bitches. @Liver We are counting on you. Just delay drinking an hour each day and use the savings for the collective.
Careful. Schools can’t be directly involved, although new draft guidelines might provide more flexibility.

How do we know this? The website has zero information on that, and since they are new there are no 990s that we can look at.
It's been said, but I see your point. The info should be on the website. It's been stated that it's a write off while 100% of the money goes to the football program.

Donated as well. Probably make it a monthly thing.
There was a video a while back where Prime mentioned his name and then there was another time where he was discussed as a supporter.
He is the guy who paid all the tuition for students at Morehouse College, and as mentioned, he is all about empowerment, and helping Prime be the first Black Coach to win a National Championship would be up his alley

Back