What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A Big 12 early games primer

RSSBot

News Junkie
Three sets of games today, with two in the early afternoon, three in the mid-afternoon, and five tonight. I'm blogging from my couch in Dallas today, but I'll have plenty of updates and analysis throughout the day before I head to Lubbock for Texas Tech and SMU in the morning.

Since I bet you all didn't bookmark this post, here's a quick refresher, beginning with a pair of neutral-site games to kick us off (all times ET):

Missouri vs. Illinois in St. Louis (12:30 p.m., Fox Sports Net):
  • Missouri is looking for a clean sweep of the Illini in the final game of most recent run of the rivalry, a four-year streak beginning in 2007.
  • The Tigers will be without starting running back Derrick Washington, who was "permanently suspended" earlier this week.
  • Receiver Jerrell Jackson is expected to play after suffering a broken bone in his wrist just two weeks ago.
What to watch: Does receiver T.J. Moe stake an early claim as Blaine Gabbert's No. 1 target?

Colorado vs. Colorado State in Denver (2 p.m., The Mtn.):
  • Colorado lost last year's game, but hasn't lost consecutive games to the Rams since 1999-2000. The schools have split the past four games under Dan Hawkins.
  • Colorado State will be starting true freshman Pete Thomas at quarterback.
  • Scotty McKnight has caught a pass in 37 consecutive games entering the season.
What to watch: Does the offensive line find three players to fill the holes around All-Big 12 talent Nate Solder and Ryan Miller after giving up 43 sacks in 2009?

More...

Back