1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The admins are aware of site instability throughout the day today. We have our crack technical staff checking it out, but it is probably the Russians. If you are having any specific issues, please post them to the Customer Service Support Forums and we will get to them in the next 24 to 48 weeks. Thank You

A Big 12 early games primer

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, Sep 4, 2010.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

[​IMG]Three sets of games today, with two in the early afternoon, three in the mid-afternoon, and five tonight. I'm blogging from my couch in Dallas today, but I'll have plenty of updates and analysis throughout the day before I head to Lubbock for Texas Tech and SMU in the morning.

Since I bet you all didn't bookmark this post, here's a quick refresher, beginning with a pair of neutral-site games to kick us off (all times ET):

Missouri vs. Illinois in St. Louis (12:30 p.m., Fox Sports Net):
    • Missouri is looking for a clean sweep of the Illini in the final game of most recent run of the rivalry, a four-year streak beginning in 2007.
    • The Tigers will be without starting running back Derrick Washington, who was "permanently suspended" earlier this week.
    • Receiver Jerrell Jackson is expected to play after suffering a broken bone in his wrist just two weeks ago.
    What to watch: Does receiver T.J. Moe stake an early claim as Blaine Gabbert's No. 1 target?

Colorado vs. Colorado State in Denver (2 p.m., The Mtn.):
    • Colorado lost last year's game, but hasn't lost consecutive games to the Rams since 1999-2000. The schools have split the past four games under Dan Hawkins.
    • Colorado State will be starting true freshman Pete Thomas at quarterback.
    • Scotty McKnight has caught a pass in 37 consecutive games entering the season.
    What to watch: Does the offensive line find three players to fill the holes around All-Big 12 talent Nate Solder and Ryan Miller after giving up 43 sacks in 2009?

More...