What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A few thoughts on the game

NO NO NO. He runs the "air raid" TT offense as far as I know. I want an offense like OSU has, not like TT. I want whoever is running ball state (or tulsa) perhaps. I don't think we could get those guys with CU's limitations in assisstant pay.

Imho, its keep Helfrich or get top flight non-BCS offensive coordinator talent. Remember, we have like 30 upperclassmen, and OVER FIFTY freshmen.

:confused:

I watched about every Auburn game during his tenure and I never saw anything resembling the TT offense.

I mentioned Al Borges. He is not the same person as Tony Franklin.

Learn to read.
my bad. I assumed you were talking about an offensive coordinator who was still relevant instead of someone the game seems to have passed by. He lived off cadillac and Ronnie Brown and then failed after they left.

/snark

my bad. I assumed you were talking about an offensive coordinator who was still relevant instead of someone the game seems to have passed by. He lived off cadillac and Ronnie Brown and then failed after they left.

/snark

:rolleyes:

-I really feel we should go ahead and bench Cody. I love the kids drive, but we have already burned Hansen's RS. Go ahead and let him get all the experience he can get. I think Cody will be more valuable to the team mentoring Tyler. It really sucks that this is how he's going to go, but this is best for the team imo.

-Was it just me, or did we see less of Sumler? I really hope the staff goes ahead with Rodney and Darrell as much as possible. If Darrell is hurt then go with Moyd. I'd like to see Sumler switch to a FB role next season. We are losing Cantrell, so I think it'll happen. At least I hope it does.

-The line looks to be improving. I know we still got killed out there, especially Solder, but there seems to be a difference between these last two games compared to the UT and KU games. It may not be by much, but there is a improvement.

-This whole deal with blaming Hawkins for all of this is a little silly to me. Sure he deserves criticism. But this is what you get when you start from scratch, that's why it's called rebuilding. Look at the program he's inherited. You like to dismiss this argument as 'excuses' but it's reality. When you force young kids on the field, too early imo, and tell them to "hang in there" vs. the likes of UM, UT and FSU, don't you think that's a little much? And then rail against them and the staff when we get stomped? I keep on hearing this "coach them up" comment like it's really that simple. Come on. Normal teams replace their starters with experienced backups. Our experienced backups are RS-FR. Hawk needs time. Hawk has only had really two classes to bring in. The first one was on very limited time, so he gets some slack on that. I think he needs 5 years. Let him have his SR's here before we can really gauge his coaching abilities. No syko, that doesn't mean we can't criticize him. But saying he's lost the team is laughable.

-Our receiver situation is bad. Someone here mentioned we have one solid WR in McKnight. The next best is J-fly who isn't doing well. I'm not sure if he's not getting enough PT or if he's getting doubled all day. But it's not like we have a lot of options out there. I think Keisau has done a phenomenal job with the pieces he's been asked to work with. We need Simas in the worst way next season. I'm not saying he's the answer, but he's probably the best receiver we got on the team. The TE's aren't a factor because Geer blocks 99% of the time.

-The calls for Helfrich and Riddle's heads might be premature, but I'm not totally against replacing Riddle. ST's have been a disaster for the last 3 years. It may be time for Riddle to step aside next season.

I don't agree with the Helfrich deal though. The offense sucks. But I see the execution as the problem, when you offense cannot do basic things like pass, block, and catch, then you are really limited as to what you can do out there. Half of the time our RB's and WR's don't know where to line up. How do you expect to switch the offense at this point?

Look. I'm not saying the spread is the answer to our problems. But we tried the I and still got the same results. We can't put in two TE's because our only blocking TE is Geer. And he's not the best at that either.

Don't spin this into another "Valdez says to OL is our only problem" because that isn't what I'm saying. There is plenty of blame to go around. Especially to the coaching staff.

How can you blame all this on the OL?:smile2:

j/k, good post.

Back