What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

A quick look forward at Pac12 basketball in 2014-15 Personnel losses

I just hope Hopkins, Fletch and DT find the shooting range that was so hyped during the recruitment and summer before they came. If those three can hit shots consistently, watch out

Hopkins had his moments, but I wouldn't expect him to ever be a great shooter. Ditto for Fletch.

DT should have been much better, and I expect the biggest jump in long distance shooting from him next year out of all the guys.

I just hope Hopkins, Fletch and DT find the shooting range that was so hyped during the recruitment and summer before they came. If those three can hit shots consistently, watch out

Hopkins was never known as a shooter in his recruiting.

Just solidifies them as a top third of the conf team for next year.
Notice I didn't say next year. I was only saying that it is my opinion that the Runnin' Utes will be a threat in the conference soon. They have the history and the facilities. I believe they have a very good coach too. One that knows how to win at Utah.

Notice I didn't say next year. I was only saying that it is my opinion that the Runnin' Utes will be a threat in the conference soon. They have the history and the facilities. I believe they have a very good coach too. One that knows how to win at Utah.

wake me up when they win their first pac 12 tournament.

Krystkowiak is an excellent coach but I have a hard time seeing Utah clashing with Arizona and UCLA for conference titles. Utes should be Dancing next year if they schedule correctly. I just think top half to top third is more accurate for Utah's general outlook than perennial contender for league crown..

They struck gold with a JC transfer Delon Wright last year. He's the main reason for their improvement. Junior college guards aren't usually as good as him. The guy shot 56% from the field, averaged 7 rebounds/game, 5.3 assists/game, and 1.3 blocks/game (which is incredible as a 6'5 guard). He can't shoot three pointers, but he can drive to the lane at will.

Next year is the year for the Utes to return to the tourney, but that's no guarantee unless they improve their non-conference schedule. UCLA and Arizona will be the top of the food chain in the Pac 12 for the foreseeable future, so there is a chance to get into the number 3 spot with an occasional run at the top 2 spots with an experienced team.

They struck gold with a JC transfer Delon Wright last year. He's the main reason for their improvement. Junior college guards aren't usually as good as him. The guy shot 56% from the field, averaged 7 rebounds/game, 5.3 assists/game, and 1.3 blocks/game (which is incredible as a 6'5 guard). He can't shoot three pointers, but he can drive to the lane at will.

Next year is the year for the Utes to return to the tourney, but that's no guarantee unless they improve their non-conference schedule. UCLA and Arizona will be the top of the food chain in the Pac 12 for the foreseeable future, so there is a chance to get into the number 3 spot with an occasional run at the top 2 spots with an experienced team.

So much with UCLA and Arizona next year will be dependent on who declares for the NBA this year.

UCLA looks a lot better, for example, if LaVine realizes he needs to return next year. More so, Arizona is a completely different animal if Nick Johnson returns.

So much with UCLA and Arizona next year will be dependent on who declares for the NBA this year.

UCLA looks a lot better, for example, if LaVine realizes he needs to return next year. More so, Arizona is a completely different animal if Nick Johnson returns.

Didn't LaVine already declare?

I think they get an upgrade trading Stanley Johnson for Gordon, with or without NJ they are the cream of the crop in our league next year.

Was not impressed with Thomas Welsh in the McD's game. Have to assume UCLA is losing everybody except Powell, Parker, and Alford. UCLA will have fresh talent as usual but this should be the year we finally beat them especially if we get a home game. Top 3 could be AZ, CU, and Utah.

Stating the obvious, but CU's fortunes depend primarily on two things: 1) How fast the incoming freshmen acclimate to the college game and if they can become solid contributors by the time the conference schedule rolls around. 2) how well last years' freshmen improve in thier second year. If Hopkins, Fletcher and Thomas can up their game, CU will have talent and depth across the lineup and will be difficult to beat. If those three have reached their full potential, CU will be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league. I think in any case, it's a good bet that CU goes dancing again next year.

Stating the obvious, but CU's fortunes depend primarily on two things: 1) How fast the incoming freshmen acclimate to the college game and if they can become solid contributors by the time the conference schedule rolls around. 2) how well last years' freshmen improve in thier second year. If Hopkins, Fletcher and Thomas can up their game, CU will have talent and depth across the lineup and will be difficult to beat. If those three have reached their full potential, CU will be fortunate to finish in the top half of the league. I think in any case, it's a good bet that CU goes dancing again next year.

I agree with you, but I would flip the two...I think the sophomores are more important because they have had the year at the college game...your biggest improvement should be from Fr. to Soph., then as a junior and senior you add to your game. Collier and Miller will be important, but freshman will be up and down...sophomores need to be more consistent

Not PAC-12, but I just saw that Ryan Anderson is transferring from Boston College and will probably move back West per Jeff Goodman. He's a 6'9" 14 and 7 guy who was offered by the Buffs in 2011. He is going to have shoulder surgery and sit out next year but has one year left to play in 2015-2016.

Not PAC-12, but I just saw that Ryan Anderson is transferring from Boston College and will probably move back West per Jeff Goodman. He's a 6'9" 14 and 7 guy who was offered by the Buffs in 2011. He is going to have shoulder surgery and sit out next year but has one year left to play in 2015-2016.
Twitter is aflutter.

How'd you like that front line? Add another senior and legit scorer to seniors Scott and Johnson and junior Gordon.

Damn.

Except that if we added him, it would mean we really struck out on the monster '15 class or had a lot of attrition.

Back