What's new

Air Force on film

FlaBuff

I'm just one man, there's only so much I can do.
Club Member
Only one game to see. And it’s against Colgate.

This is a link to the highlights. Lots of tight wing option—no surprise. They are at a huge disadvantage when it comes to playing at game speed, as they probably get a better look in practice than they did against Colgate.

FlaBuff

I'm just one man, there's only so much I can do.
Club Member
Yeah, more using the backs to outnumber at the point of attack.

I think we will see more of the option plays from those sets just to create some space.

pcbuff

I’m nervous. Zone lane rush and discipline haven’t been strengths for our D line in forever. They have a week to get ready for something they may have never experienced. The coaches are earning their money this week.

LaserDeathHawk

Club Member
Club Member
We won’t grind these guys down. They’re always very disciplined and very well conditioned. The only saving grace is that we’ll be bigger than they are everywhere.

We’ll need to be very disciplined in doing a different job than we’ve ever done.

SeanMSan

We won’t grind these guys down. They’re always very disciplined and very well conditioned. The only saving grace is that we’ll be bigger than they are everywhere.

We’ll need to be very disciplined in doing a different job than we’ve ever done.
Yeah, I’m sure that the zoomies are well conditioned and could probably go the distance plus whatever extra is needed. Hopefully the size and strength of the buffs can work the other factor. No altitude advantage either...

Big Jim

WTF?
Club Member
A slow ILB that takes bad angles and a safety that takes bad angles are going to be massive liabities in thsi game just even more so then they were in the first two games.

Bliff Cranch

Should be in the Fall of Hame
Club Member
Size will not govern victory Saturday. Defensive discipline, pre-snap communication, and gap assignment focus will. Without that, the team with the ball last will have favorable odds to win.

ahoelsken

Exactly. They wont beat themselves like ****er did. Time of Possession might be the most important stat against a team like this. We need to be able to run the ball the way we did against CSU.

ahoelsken

We do have a talent advantage. This is still a MWC team.
I don't think anybody in their right mind is trying to argue otherwise-like LDH said these guys are insanely disciplined (and probably better coached than ****er is TBH) and very well conditioned.........on top of being a ***** to prep for for obvious reasons.