What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Air Force September 14

anyone remember when they flew a falcon at halftime? pretty cool.
AD is advertising 1 ticket and 1 "Vamos Bufalos" cap, for $35.

They will be flying the falcon again this year. Probably a newer one, tho

Stay home, don't chase, and kick their ass up front. It'll work. When they run the option, anyway. I don't see them doing much more we can't handle. They don't have ****ing Dan Marino throwing the ball.

Last edited:
Stay home, don't chase, and kick their ass up front. It'll work. When they run the option, anyway. I don't see them doing much more we can't handle. They don't have ****ing Dan Marino throwing the ball.

Discipline, discipline, discipline. DJ Hammond (Their QB) is a good enough athlete to where he can make us pay if we're overplaying the ball like we were the other night.

On to this game!

Before the season started, I strongly believed that CU would beat CSU and Nebraska which has already happen. I also strongly believed that the AFA game would be CU's toughest OOC game. The Falcons had the weekend off and they have been looking ahead to this game. Colgate was a FCS playoff team that the Falcons demolished last weekend. The good news is that this coaching staff this year will have the Buffs ready for this one.

On to this game!

Before the season started, I strongly believed that CU would beat CSU and ****braska which has already happen. I also strongly believed that the AFA game would be CU's toughest OOC game. The Falcons had the weekend off and they have been looking ahead to this game. Colgate was a FCS playoff team that the Falcons demolished last weekend. The good news is that this coaching staff this year will have the Buffs ready for this one.

They're going to be up, and we might be flat-I'm sure Tucker will be using what Army did in Ann Arbor yesterday in film this coming week, and Calhoun is a much better football coach than Frosty is (Okay, maybe I couldn't help that). Agree with you-this will be the toughest of the three OOC games. Buffs 27, Zoomies 17

I want to get out with a win. Ideally we get to build some depth in the 2nd half.

As long as we get the win, the discipline demanded on defense against Calhoun's offense should be just what the doctor ordered for some of our linebackers. Will be an education.

I want to get out with a win. Ideally we get to build some depth in the 2nd half.

As long as we get the win, the discipline demanded on defense against Calhoun's offense should be just what the doctor ordered for some of our linebackers. Will be an education.

This. I want to just beat them.

Colorado opening at-3.5, I wouldn't touch that one, I could easily see the Buffs having to grind this one out. .

Interesting article. I didn't realize why it has been so long since CU played AFA.

We better f'n be good hosts this time. That article pissed me off, but I realize it was a different time. Would love to play the zoomies more often, particularly if they replaced the ewes.

We better f'n be good hosts this time. That article pissed me off, but I realize it was a different time. Would love to play the zoomies more often, particularly if they replaced the ewes.

It's not 1973 anymore. Hippies have been on the endangered species list in Boulder for 30+ years. I'm glad AF was able to get over the (deserved) grudge. It shouldn't have taken 45 years.

I can't imagine that we won't be gracious hosts. Even the look-a-like thread isn't getting the normal amount of likes that we see.

That was a different time with different issues. I can say without hesitation that the CU fans have honored the students taking their military service oaths for the last 10 years that I have been a season ticket holder. I could be wrong, but I think there is a different mindset these days, and there shouldn't be the type of behaviour that this article describes.

If there is, I'll have something to say about it.

Last edited:
It will be fun to play them again after such a long lay-off but long-term, playing AF is no better than playing CSU. I’d be happy to play each of them once every 4 years on a 2 for 1 but that’s about it.

It will be fun to play them again after such a long lay-off but long-term, playing AF is no better than playing CSU. I’d be happy to play each of them once every 4 years on a 2 for 1 but that’s about it.
"more often" <> every year. Agree w/ your proposed frequency.

Taylor , Onu and Landman are going to have double digit tackles and are going to be really busy Saturday. Falo, Lang are going to have to play smart ball and try to force the action inside.

Their QB is a great runner. We need to force him to throw. He has averaged over 500 yds a game since he has become the starter. D has a big game this weekend to stop this dude, force the pass and watch for the play action

This will be a special game. It’s amazing how long grudges can endure, whereby this game marks a healing point from insult and injury endured almost 50 years ago. I hope CU has something special in store for AFA to help mend any lingering anger and usher in a new era.

My uncle is a CU alum who attended CU on a Navy ROTC scholarship in the early 70s. I took him to the Utah game in 2016. He said he was spit on and harassed by CU students during his time in Boulder. Those insults still fester after all these years. Before he told me that, I couldn’t understand his reluctance to be a big CU booster and CU football fan.

Hats off to the Cadets for your oath and your commitment. I have been waiting a lifetime to see this matchup.

Nothing but beers and cheers to any AFA fans coming by the tail gate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd love to see AFA put into a rotation with CSU, ****braska, and maybe Wyoming for that one regional rivalry game each season.

**** no. We can play Fusker and AFA (AFA is going to be tough to more than that because they play Army and Navy yearly) a few times a decade-but why do we need to **** around with CSU and Wyoming?

Last edited:
Nebraska every year. Schedule the Fuskers until a Pac-12 rivalry naturally happens. It's so much more fun with a team to hate (and beat).

Throw in AFA/CSU/Wyoming a few times per decade and fill the rest with real P5 opponents. IDGAF if we beat Nicholls state or UMass by 60. Would much rather play big boys, win or lose. Far more entertaining as a fan.

AF Falcon fan here. Looking for a great game with no injuries and I'll see some of ya at the game.

First thoughts and quick hits:

-This is not the small Falcon team of the past. We've kept the speed but offensive line now averages at 292# and our starting NG on defense is 310+. Just an observation that fans of teams that normally don't play us think size will be a great advantage but not necessarily anymore. Can't post the link (but I'll try https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-sports/ ) but if you go the CSprings Gazette AF sports page you'll get lots of links talking players. Also one of the few times that the altitude in Boulder will not be an advantage.

-AF vs Colgate was, uhhhh, AF vs Colgate. Didn't need much and didn't show much. One pass was thrown and that was by the #2 QB in the 2nd half (and completed). Passing stats 1-1/41yards. Don't be surprised in this game if you see what a good passer QB Hammond can be. 'IF' the 4th option of the triple option is really used, ie the play action pass' it can be effective and surprise a run centric anticipating defending defense.

-Our defense's job and objective will be to stop your pass attack and especially your 6-2/215# Shenault who we do not match well against 'but' our DB's/secondary is much improved this year. Key will be if the defensive line can get penetration.

-Look out for our stable of RB's and FB's and an experienced line with 4 of 5 starters back.

Long time since the game in 1973 (my freshman year at USAFA) with a lot of hard feelings back then at the end of the Vietnam era. I have been to every AF vs CU basketball game home and away and have not seen anything but mutual respect between the teams and fans (even though folks were not happy 'back in the day' when we actually won 30+ points at CU in Ricardo Patton's last season when most AF fan's believe AF's coach Bzdelik (he who shall not be named) was starting to look for the CU job).

Can't wait and I expect this will be a dragged out game and 'hope' we compete.

GO FALCONS

AF Falcon fan here. Looking for a great game with no injuries and I'll see some of ya at the game.

First thoughts and quick hits:

-This is not the small Falcon team of the past. We've kept the speed but offensive line now averages at 292# and our starting NG on defense is 310+. Just an observation that fans of teams that normally don't play us think size will be a great advantage but not necessarily anymore. Can't post the link (but I'll try https://gazette.com/sports/air-force-sports/ ) but if you go the CSprings Gazette AF sports page you'll get lots of links talking players. Also one of the few times that the altitude in Boulder will not be an advantage.

-AF vs Colgate was, uhhhh, AF vs Colgate. Didn't need much and didn't show much. One pass was thrown and that was by the #2 QB in the 2nd half (and completed). Passing stats 1-1/41yards. Don't be surprised in this game if you see what a good passer QB Hammond can be. 'IF' the 4th option of the triple option is really used, ie the play action pass' it can be effective and surprise a run centric anticipating defending defense.

-Our defense's job and objective will be to stop your pass attack and especially your 6-2/215# Shenault who we do not match well against 'but' our DB's/secondary is much improved this year. Key will be if the defensive line can get penetration.

-Look out for our stable of RB's and FB's and an experienced line with 4 of 5 starters back.

Long time since the game in 1973 (my freshman year at USAFA) with a lot of hard feelings back then at the end of the Vietnam era. I have been to every AF vs CU basketball game home and away and have not seen anything but mutual respect between the teams and fans (even though folks were not happy 'back in the day' when we actually won 30+ points at CU in Ricardo Patton's last season when most AF fan's believe AF's coach Bzdelik (he who shall not be named) was starting to look for the CU job).

Can't wait and I expect this will be a dragged out game and 'hope' we compete.

GO FALCONS

LTC pilot is right. AFA is much improved and we are in for a really tough game. Add to that the fact that they have an excellent coach and experience everywhere. I am terrified of this game.

Back