What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Official Thread - COLORADO V OKIE STATE - DEC 29

Plenty of Buff fans still wandering around downtown San Antonio. Good showing by the fan base.

What was the deal with that play where Gillam looked like he got hammered on a pick? Was the ball in the air? MM went bananas.

The ball was caught at the line of scrimmage (or behind) so you can block downfield. That was what was explained to me.

Barnett, when asked about his thoughts on the team missing Leavitt and how it effected them basically said that of course that would effect the team. But the gem of it all was it was due to the time between the UW game and the bowl game...ie the practices and preparation. He said first you have Leavitt gone, and then you had MM gone too...accepting awards and the like... he probably missed half the practices going into the game. GB wasn't blaming or taking a shot, he was calling it like it is. Said the two important parts of the puzzle were missing for game preparations.

GB makes a great point with that. And this ties in with what I have said in other threads about staff upgrades and a larger budget. Taking Leavitt out of the equation, there is no one on the staff who has the experience and current performance that would make us say that he could be slotted in as an interim HC if MacIntyre was down with pneumonia for a couple weeks. I think Chev is on that path, but he's not there yet. And there's no one like how Cabral was either who maybe isn't a long-term HC option but the players would rally for while having the respect of the staff so that they'd all fall into line under him. We need that.

My timeline was destroyed by CSU hottakes all evening and morning. I don't need them on luke's allbuffs website.
24cf6bc5716eae0a0d4566ac6e093e7c.png
Damn, it's mine? Didn't know that lol.

The hatred some people seem to have for Sefo completely disgusts me and is without any merit whatsoever. If you're unwilling to look past his flaws and appreciate what he did for the program, you might be better off watching pro ball rather than college.

I think your post is excellent evidence that your premise is completely false. Sefo is constantly praised on this board and any criticism of him whatsoever is met with rather extreme responses and personal attacks. There is some presumption that the guy is a saint (this may or may not be true; I've never understood sports fans who insist on praising/criticizing the character of individuals that they don't know personally) and that he needs to be protected from detractors.

I don't see any "hate". I see quite a lot of character worshipping. Discussion of his shortcomings is effectively a forbidden topic here.

I think Mtn just made that up.
OK. It seems stupid to me to overly criticize a staff that went from worst to first. Is there room for improvement? Sure. Legitimate criticisms, absolutely. But whatever the state of the P12, CU won their division, if you as a fan cannot be happy about that, life must be really hard for you.

2016 is over. Focus forward.
  1. Recruit, recruit, recruit
  2. Enhance assistant salary pool.
  3. Restructure staff
  4. Decide on nature of extension (or not)
MM needs to have a presser today (or leak an article to Woelk or one of the hacks - and please don't read notes from Plati like last night).

He needs to gain control of the narrative. Bernardi retires tomorrow. Lindgren gone Sunday. Chiv promoted. Color given to DC plans. Outlook for off season, S/C program and Spring.

Lead MM, lead.

I think you giver MikMac a raise and an extension. Don't go nuts, but show the guy some love. If he lights it up again next year, then you can go crazy....

I think your post is excellent evidence that your premise is completely false. Sefo is constantly praised on this board and any criticism of him whatsoever is met with rather extreme responses and personal attacks. There is some presumption that the guy is a saint (this may or may not be true; I've never understood sports fans who insist on praising/criticizing the character of individuals that they don't know personally) and that he needs to be protected from detractors.

I don't see any "hate". I see quite a lot of character worshipping. Discussion of his shortcomings is effectively a forbidden topic here.
There has been plenty of criticism leveled at Sefo throughout his career on this board. Someone else summed it up nicely along the lines of "Sefo won't go down as the most talented quarterback to ever play for CU, but he will go down as one of the greatest Buff warriors."

Nothing should change in the approach to Mac's extension and raise, IMO. Show the love that he deserves for getting this program back to respectability by giving him a multi-year extension with a nice raise to put him in the middle of the PAC, but show even more love by giving him the resources necessary to continue building the program with quality assistants.

Nothing should change in the approach to Mac's extension and raise, IMO. Show the love that he deserves for getting this program back to respectability by giving him a multi-year extension with a nice raise to put him in the middle of the PAC, but show even more love by giving him the resources necessary to continue building the program with quality assistants.
Fair points. Maybe it has been discussed here before, but why has MM not already been extended?

Fair points. Maybe it has been discussed here before, but why has MM not already been extended?
I believe RG has stated that they don't do business like that during the season. I also believe they thought there was a good chance leavitt was leaving, and they needed to see exactly how much money they were going to need for the entire staff.

I think Mtn just made that up.

Stated as much a few post later. Have no idea who he is but he sounds like AZ or one of his minions. Certainly not an actual Buff fan.

I am certain that AZ has at least a couple of socks here and that he is still upset that he went from the official leak to being a nobody. Interesting that somebody would call for firing a guy who just won most of the major Coach of the Year awards in college football.

I think you giver MikMac a raise and an extension. Don't go nuts, but show the guy some love. If he lights it up again next year, then you can go crazy....

If the objective is to keep MM, then its critical to pay him the going market rate.

Cellar dwelling programs from all over the country might be making offers for MacIntyre's turn-around services.

CU should try to match any bonafide deals that are coming across MacIntyre's agent's desk. If those offers are too spendy, then it's time to find someone else that CU can afford.

Back