What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Alamo Bowl Official Thread - COLORADO V OKIE STATE - DEC 29

Like many have said, was at the game so haven't had a chance to go back more than a few pages here.

San Antonio is a fun enough town but I absolutely disdain watching college football be played in a dome, it's straight BS, keep that ish in the CFL (especially as you can't get more open-aired than Folsom).

I feel sad for guys like Sefo and Chido to go out on that note, playing pretty poor games, but they didn't get much help being put in rough situations (Chido is a rover, not a cover corner). I was so mad at Lindgren last night, and think the blame being thrown his way is deserved, vanilla play calling all day aside from the poorly timed trick play that led to Montez's INT (when Ross had like 50 yards of daylight to keep it on the reverse). Mac also needs to get a little more of that refined roughness, he cares about his players and does things the right way, but the softness is apparent.

Great season tainted a bit by recency bias with a poor ending. I love having Phil as the leader next year and think our QB situation will allow us to really gain more of an identity on offense. D Co-Ordinator will be what determines a bowl berth versus another top-25 ranking.

Holy **** you're the worst kind of fan. I'm all for criticizing my teams but you're beyond overboard and you're being annoying. You sound like a whiny little bitch to be completely honest. If you hate Colorado that much, follow a new team. If you love them then either add some useful dialogue or GTFO.
The personal insults are flying because I want cu to get off their high horse and accept they aren't top 25 worthy after being exposed. I'm embarrassed to say I'm a Buffs fan today.

The personal insults are flying because I want cu to get off their high horse and accept they aren't top 25 worthy after being exposed. I'm embarrassed to say I'm a Buffs fan today.

Personal insults? Because I said you're acting like a whiny little bitch? That's not an insult, that's what your acting like. Stop being a petulant child and put on some big boy pants.

"I want CU to accept they aren't top 25 worthy"

Why? That's going to make you feel better? Wtf?

"I'm embarrassed to be a buffs fan today"

That's because you're clearly a bandwagon fan. There are 100+ other teams you can follow. I'm not ****ing embarrassed to be a buffs fan, I'm sad we got out classed though. But I've been a Buff since I was 4 years old and that isn't changing because the team lost 2 games.

Shoulder2shoulder.

Buffs played in a weak PAC conference, won against bad teams, got blown out against big talent, and this all with mostly upper classsman. The rise won't continue.
Yeah, I get your point, you don't need to repeat it. Love your optimism. So what is your solution? ( I am sure I will regret asking).

I'm just curious as to what high horse you believe the CU program is currently riding?

I'm just curious as to what high horse you believe the CU program is currently riding?
Yeah, I get your point, you don't need to repeat it. Love your optimism. So what is your solution? ( I am sure I will regret asking).
CU players act like they are going to win regardless now, we aren't talented enough to do that. There's nothing we can do to fix this, we only get younger next season and play teams that are simply better. We need a real coach that expects more.

CU players act like they are going to win regardless now, we aren't talented enough to do that. There's nothing we can do to fix this, we only get younger next season and play teams that are simply better. We need a real coach that expects more.
Well there is a specific blue print for victory if I ever saw one.

The takes are so hot today!

napalm-004.jpg

CU has players who are confident in their abilities and the coaching staff to put them in position to win games.... And they won 10 games. I'm simply not following why you think having confidence is such a bad thing. It's half the battle on the way to changing the culture of a program. We get younger on defense next year, but older and more experienced on offense. "Fixing" the talent gap is a process through recruiting and player development, both of which are currently in the best shape around this program in over a decade. We need a real coach that expects more? What does that mean?

NEWSFLASH: Jon Embree isn't coming back. Your dream of being the insider again isn't going to happen. Go back under your rock (or back to your mama's basement which is similar.)

Barnett, when asked about his thoughts on the team missing Leavitt and how it effected them basically said that of course that would effect the team. But the gem of it all was it was due to the time between the UW game and the bowl game...ie the practices and preparation. He said first you have Leavitt gone, and then you had MM gone too...accepting awards and the like... he probably missed half the practices going into the game. GB wasn't blaming or taking a shot, he was calling it like it is. Said the two important parts of the puzzle were missing for game preparations.

I did not know Mac missed half the practices on his media tour. That is disheartening to hear considering how we played.

Whatever you say AZ, go dig up some SCOOP.

Anyone who is truly a Buffs fan and not a troll is both enjoying this season and also clearly seeing the real progress that the program is making.

This loss was not a fluke, we got exposed. Our 10 wins though weren't flukes either, we went out and won games, including some against solid teams, because we are building a team with the talent and the athletes.

Lol 06 is az? I remember that guy. No class sleezeball, screwed his subscribers over. Etc etc etc. Pos

I did not know Mac missed half the practices on his media tour. That is disheartening to hear considering how we played.

I wonder how true that really is. MM didn't even want to think about the DC job until after the bowl game assuming he was all in on game prep, but he's down to be MIA to accept awards?

It's not like Barney's mouth hasn't outplayed him on occasion..

So I'm late to the party, and can't track the posts already made.

But Lindgren was seen visibly confused and exasperated on national tv like he got handed a test he wasn't prepared for. So dude's got to go. Simple as that.

Our offense was simple jack till it got figured out earlier in his tenure, maybe Chiaverini gave him some new wrinkles this year I guess, but for him to look like that at THE bowl game, compared to f*cking party mullet Gundy? Go. Just go away man.
I am glad to see Sefo finish his eligibility.

The hatred some people seem to have for Sefo completely disgusts me and is without any merit whatsoever. If you're unwilling to look past his flaws and appreciate what he did for the program, you might be better off watching pro ball rather than college.

Absolutely,

Good or bad and we have seen plenty of both you could not ask for a guy to give you more than Sefo has given this team. There was never a question about Sefo giving it everything he had, maybe sometimes to the detriment of the team but he gave it his all.

I don't know where Sefo is going to end up in his life after football but some organization is going to have a leader who understands commitment.

The hatred some people seem to have for Sefo completely disgusts me and is without any merit whatsoever. If you're unwilling to look past his flaws and appreciate what he did for the program, you might be better off watching pro ball rather than college.
Hatred and frustration are very different emotions. I think you're mostly seeing the latter.

Back