What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Interesting moves with who Tucker is keeping. Really need 1-2 more superstar recruiters on staff. I'd like to see that with the TE position and one of the defensive positions. We need that oline coach to be very good on technique and have the ability to show he can produce NFL lineman.

I think he'd be a better fit at a place like Texas A&M.
hqdefault.jpg

Just curious why you think Hagan is a “damn good recruiter”? I see no evidence to support that statement especially in comparison to Chev. Chev is clearly our best recruiter from the last staff and nothing remotely places Hagan near his level. Hagan hasn’t recruited anyone that’s made a difference in his position group.
Remember Hagan has only been recruiting the past three seasons. We don’t know how good his backs will be. This year will tell. RB play since he has been coaching has been very good. We just are assuming that the depth is below average, but after this year we won’t need to assume, we will know.
If he has another good year this year, with his recruits, great. If they all fail miserably, then Tucker can replace him next season. I personally am optimistic that Fontenot, Smith and Mangham,at times, will be stepping up.

Did anyone else know Demetrius Sumler is the Cornerbacks Coach at SDSU
Might be an awkward addition to the staff if Hagan is still here. I might not be remembering this correctly, but I thought he transferred because of playing time and feeling he didn’t get an opportunity.

Remember Hagan has only been recruiting the past three seasons. We don’t know how good his backs will be. This year will tell. RB play since he has been coaching has been very good. We just are assuming that the depth is below average, but after this year we won’t need to assume, we will know.
If he has another good year this year, with his recruits, great. If they all fail miserably, then Tucker can replace him next season. I personally am optimistic that Fontenot, Smith and Mangham,at times, will be stepping up.

??? He was also recruiting from 2006-2010 and since 2016. He has recruited NOBODY that has been productive in his position except maybe Rodney Stewart but I have no clue if he was the primary recruiter. One producer in 8 years? How much longer of a rope does Hagan need in your opinion to show his recruiting chops? I think by your 2nd year as a coach you should be able to recruit if you are a good recruiter. He hasn't done that in 8 years and Rodney Stewart was a 2 star that turned out well, not like he pulled in some high 3 or 4 star back.

??? He was also recruiting from 2006-2010 and since 2016. He has recruited NOBODY that has been productive in his position except maybe Rodney Stewart but I have no clue if he was the primary recruiter. One producer in 8 years? How much longer of a rope does Hagan need in your opinion to show his recruiting chops? I think by your 2nd year as a coach you should be able to recruit if you are a good recruiter. He hasn't done that in 8 years and Rodney Stewart was a 2 star that turned out well, not like he pulled in some high 3 or 4 star back.
Mangham would likely be the highest rated RB that Hagan has pulled in, in quite some time.

Some sobering realities setting in as a result of coaching change. Going to be a bumpy ride for a while.

who are you calling sober, you dirty low-down polecat? that's a scurrilous lie.

bring me RECRUITERS!

we must scorch the earth of the p12, salt their fields, burn their villages, and take their women. well, except wsu-- no girls with mustaches. and, except for america's stripper u-- antibiotics are such a bitch to buy on the black market these days. and, except for usc-- don't need no plumb little socialite wanna-be's.

but, i digress.

bring me RECRUITERS!

we must retake the throne. [insert other random profundities here]

Since Scott and Polk walked through the door. One caveat is that many, if not most, teams liked Mangham at LB.
I suppose Bisharat was technically a 4 star on some services so he would be hire as well. Again though, people saw him as a LB...

Since Scott and Polk walked through the door. One caveat is that many, if not most, teams liked Mangham at LB.
Agreed. And I hope Mangham does do well here as a running back, but I won't give him credit until one of the higher rated backs we get actually comes in and contributes meaningfully. Part of recruiting is evaluation which Scott, Polk, and Bish all show might not be one of Hagan's strong points either.

Per FootballScoop
"North Carolina: Mack Brown is hiring Ole Miss offensive coordinator Phil Longo to be his offensive coordinator, sources tell FootballScoop. Bruce Feldman first tweeted about the move. Feldman adds that former Texas Tech offensive line coach Brandon Jones is expected to join the UNC staff as well in the same capacity."

I has hoping Brandon Jones was a possibility to come to CU at OL.

Another Texas based OL coach is Randy Clement at Houston. Assuming he had no part in the Briles scandal, he could be a good addition.

We should be able to spend some money on an OL coach, since we have not overspent on the staff so far. come on Mel get a good one.

Per FootballScoop
"North Carolina: Mack Brown is hiring Ole Miss offensive coordinator Phil Longo to be his offensive coordinator, sources tell FootballScoop. Bruce Feldman first tweeted about the move. Feldman adds that former Texas Tech offensive line coach Brandon Jones is expected to join the UNC staff as well in the same capacity."

Another Texas based OL coach is Randy Clement at Houston. Assuming he had no part in the Briles scandal, he could be a good addition.

We should be able to spend some money on an OL coach, since we have not overspent on the staff so far. come on Mel get a good one.
I like Brandon Jones a lot. But he's an Air Raid OL coach. No longer fit once Tucker's direction with the offense became clear.

Per FootballScoop

maybe Adams can go be the OC at Ole Miss? rejoin DCMM

Agreed. And I hope Mangham does do well here as a running back, but I won't give him credit until one of the higher rated backs we get actually comes in and contributes meaningfully. Part of recruiting is evaluation which Scott, Polk, and Bish all show might not be one of Hagan's strong points either.
I recently looked at Buff Stampede's list of CU's most highly rated recruits (since '00, I think). It reads like a who's who of who's not. There were loads of names with stars on thars who I strained to remember. There's a lot more to successful recruiting and coaching than landing highly rated prospects.

Back