What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
This would explain why Ambrose's name hasn't been mentioned at all for other jobs. He'd have that same kind of thing in his contract.
Except in his case CU would have terminated the deal right? Assuming he hasn't been kept on given what was reported.

CU has not fired assistant coaches, afaik.
Not via official announcement, but it's pretty clear Adams, Ambrose, and Bernardi (contract not technically up yet) are not working for CU right now. And Eliot and Brown were told to look for other jobs.

What does it take to make something officially official??? The AD needs to up the excitement and send out releases!!! If Plati is Buzz Killington than get him gone!
Ugghhh
Need some momentum back
All in good time gwasshopper Padawan. Tucker is doing work.

With MM double dipping, we gotta get every dime out of our contracts. He can go, but he better get an equal job and help us with cash flow.
We already waived Eliot's buyout, so that's not really a good argument. No reason we shouldn't do the same for a guy who took a chance on us again and didn't really get a fair shot in Ambrose, that's the business but I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

Last edited:
We already waved Eliot's buyout, so that's not really a good argument. No reason we shouldn't do the same for a guy who took a chance on us again and didn't really get a fair shot in Ambrose, that's the business but I hope he lands on his feet somewhere.

I was not aware of that. Why did we waive the buyout? We still get the offset right? Is he getting paid the same or more than we did?

I was not aware of that. Why did we waive the buyout? We still get the offset right? Is he getting paid the same or more than we did?
There is no offset, we don't owe him anything since he left for another job and he doesn't owe us the amount he would have for leaving for another job. Clearly it was just the case of us not planning to retain Eliot anyways but are willing to enforce it with Drake since we wanted to retain him.

There is no offset, we don't owe him anything since he left for another job and he doesn't owe us the amount he would have for leaving for another job. Clearly it was just the case of us not planning to retain Eliot anyways but are willing to enforce it with Drake since we wanted to retain him.
why did Drake leave?

I have nothing to add here, but I am hoping to see MT do some coaching poaching to round out the staff. I want big game!

SIAP but Kap seems to be a pretty legit recruiter as well and it’s not just OL he’s brought in. Granted, it’s all been out East and in the South, w a few in the NE, but I’ll take it. Really seems like MT is relying on Chev and Hagan, and maybe Ambrose to help other coaches establish West and TX connections.

d3662c29f7d3215b70228562f56bff95--cartoon-cartoon-bugs-bunny.jpg

Back