What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Terrance Jamison is another guy who would be a nice fit for this staff at OLB/DE. Young DL coach who was at FAU for 3 years before going to TTU for the last 2 seasons. Lost his job when they got rid of Kliff this year & Wells brought pretty much his whole staff from Utah State. From Illinois, played at Wisconsin. Got his start in GA/QC type jobs at Cal & Wisconsin before landing the full-time gig at FAU.
https://texastech.com/coaches.aspx?rc=2080&path=football
I’m still hold out hope for So’oto. The perfect combo of poly and Oceanside connections. Im guessing that we would likely here more rumors if the new hires were immediately available, like Johnson, Summers, Kapilovic, and Brumbaugh. I think the next 3 are on staffs right now.

Has Tee Martin been hired by Maryland yet?
It is strange they haven’t announced anything.
Is it crazy to think he is waiting to meet with HCMT before making his decision?
He was mentioned for the Chattanooga HC job, I wouldn't be surprised if he takes something like that. Maryland is dragging things along for whatever reason, maybe waiting on Gattis to still make a decision.

We don't have a spot for Martin anyway, he's a RB/WR guy. And we can't offer him RC or running game coordinator, so..

Keary Colbert might be a fit, though. Shouldn't be overly expensive and isn't known as the recruiting god Martin is, but he's young.

We don't have a spot for Martin anyway, he's a RB/WR guy. And we can't offer him RC or running game coordinator, so..

Keary Colbert might be a fit, though. Shouldn't be overly expensive and isn't known as the recruiting god Martin is, but he's young.
It might be hard to pull him away from his alma mater but it would be nice to poach a few pac12 coaches. F***ing Oregon shouldn’t be the only school doing that.
Another tight end coach with a great reputation as a recruiter is Angus McClure. He’s at UNR now after leaving UCLA.
https://uclabruins.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1046

It might be hard to pull him away from his alma mater but it would be nice to poach a few pac12 coaches. F***ing Oregon shouldn’t be the only school doing that.
Another tight end coach with a great reputation as a recruiter is Angus McClure. He’s at UNR now after leaving UCLA.
https://uclabruins.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1046

Pretty sure he got fired when Helton purged the rest of the staff

They could give him TE/inside WRs/AHC/Passing game coordinator or something if they really wanted him. It would be a big time move, but probably isn’t happening. I’d guess the TE, OLB and CB coaches are still on other staffs and we won’t hear anything until early next week after the Early Signing Period.

I bet the Tucker knows who he wants, and probably has spoken to them already. But nothing is being said until they finish getting the kids signed for their schools. Which, I they are great recruiters, they would want to do (for the history and their hire-ability).

Just a guess though.

I agree. To many people think we’re gonna have the exact same coaching titles as we did last year. They want him they’ll find a title.

They could give him TE/inside WRs/AHC/Passing game coordinator or something if they really wanted him. It would be a big time move, but probably isn’t happening. I’d guess the TE, OLB and CB coaches are still on other staffs and we won’t hear anything until early next week after the Early Signing Period.

I mean we could I guess, but if we can't offer at least 500k a year I doubt he's jumping on that one. I'd love to be wrong, though. Martin would be perfect for us.

we desperately need some recruiters on this staff. ESD was a whimper. RG needs to find a big box of cash under the Christmas tree for some hires
Still have Ham and probably Trujillo to fill out the class for this period, which would be good additions. Otherwise I don't think it was too far off from what anyone should have been expecting, aside from Robinson. But yes, hopefully the remaining 3 hires are recruiting oriented and can assist in some big time pulls with the 8-10 remaining spots for February.

RG talks about winning championships. We aren't going to win any championships if our recruiting classes are in the bottom two. Both RG and HCMT understand this. I hope that RG realizes he needs to get the money to add at least two big recruiters to the last three spots. HCMT will bring the talent to Boulder, if he has a staff to help him. Oregon went out and bought (poached) several coaches that recruit very well and look how that turned out for them. I don't expect us to spend Oregon type money, but we need to step it up to compete.

Really like the new hire angle on this. Chandler Jones (Brumbaugh) for a 2nd + Jonathan Cooper (Kapilovic) was absolutely a bigger steal than the Mack trade. If HCMT had anything like Khalil Mack when he was with the Bears, he probably wouldn’t be here.

I am impressed with MT and staff coming in and signing quality big kids on short notice. I do wonder of some of these big boys were targeted before Tucker showed up. I suppose Chev would know the answer.
I am excited for next season. The buffs have some great skill players. Hopefully these big bodies will grade the road for them next fall.

On the DL -- we replaced a guy who had been the DL coach at Eastern Illinois with a guy who had been Co-DC & DL coach at Maryland
On the OL -- we replaced a guy who had been the TE coach at San Jose State with a guy who had been the OC & OL Coach at North Carolina

On paper, this looks like these might be upgrades.

Last edited:
Back