What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mel Tucker is following Chad Scott who was just the tight ends coach at UNC, before he was at Kentucky with Brumbaugh. So he has ties with two current CU coaches. He also has Texas ties as he was at Texas Tech right before Chev got there. Also looks to be a good recruiter. Only question is I don’t know if he is staying at UNC (his alma mater).
https://247sports.com/Coach/Chad-Scott-460/

Mel Tucker is following Chad Scott who was just the tight ends coach at UNC, before he was at Kentucky with Brumbaugh. So he has ties with two current CU coaches. He also has Texas ties as he was at Texas Tech right before Chev got there. Also looks to be a good recruiter. Only question is I don’t know if he is staying at UNC (his alma mater).
https://247sports.com/Coach/Chad-Scott-460/
He removed all the UNC information from his Twitter account. They hired a new tight end coach under Mack Brown. He could slide over to running backs coach, but I think he’s going to leave UNC. Also with Miami hiring Applewhite instead of Fedora Miami is no longer a concern.

Coach Hawkins: "CU was burned to the ground"
Coach Embree: "CU was burned to the ground"
Coach MacIntyre: "CU was burned to the ground" (in fairness, he might have been right in his case)

Coach Tucker:
“My experience has been when you go into a new situation, it is never all bad,” Tucker said. “You look at this place and you've got excellent facilities, a great venue, great leadership from the President, Chancellor, Rick George, Lance Carl. The cupboard isn't bare from a talent standpoint, either. So when beginning to put my staff together, it was all about what I feel is best for the program moving forward.”

The context is this article that is worth a read (and yes, you should be paying for 247 content)

How refreshing is that?!?

I don't know.

Honestly, it's not a topic that interests me all that much. There are a lot of good people who are part of the Athletic Staff. It sucks to lose good people, but it happens and the organization then has to make a good hire as a replacement.

I have been entertained by people who are reacting like this is a big deal, though. Doom! We have to replace a good tutor & academic advisor. We should probably shut the program down. :ROFLMAO:
Higher Education (football is in that realm whether you like it or not) continuously evolves.

Coach MacIntyre: "CU was burned to the ground" (in fairness, he might have been right in his case)

Coach Tucker:
“My experience has been when you go into a new situation, it is never all bad,” Tucker said. “You look at this place and you've got excellent facilities, a great venue, great leadership from the President, Chancellor, Rick George, Lance Carl. The cupboard isn't bare from a talent standpoint, either. So when beginning to put my staff together, it was all about what I feel is best for the program moving forward.”

The context is this article that is worth a read (and yes, you should be paying for 247 content)

Das ist sehr gut.

Looks like Chad Scott, the former UNC TE coach, is off the table, unfortunately. Per The Football Scoop he is headed to Louisville.
Louisville is putting together a great staff recruiting wise. No excuses why we can’t be on that level.

Last edited:

Coach Tucker:

CU is charred to the first floor.

Any news?

Just the way I roll sometimes. Want some jal lop ano poppers?
Maybe you aren’t old enough to know the song references, or you dislike clever thread jacks too much to pay attention to the second meaning they wrapped around.

Well, your distain for the pun is deep. I shouldn’t have gone there again.

I am seeing on Instagram that Brian Michalowski is going to be a defensive analyst for the buffs. He was a quality control guy at Georgia last year.

I cannot find his Twitter account though, just this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190105-231006_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190105-231006_Instagram.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 22
Back