What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All-in-one assistant coach suggestions for CU

How many 2018 assistants will Mel Tucker retain?

• 9 or 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have no issues with the coaches MT is keeping.
Chev back to WR coach is a good thing, Hagan will be fine, and the new OC will make sure they get better as coaches.
Drake is an up and coming stud IMO, and the ILB played well last year so I am ok with Els.
I am sure MT laid out his goals in the interview process. They will get on board. He will coach the coaches and show them how the SEC recruits.
THIS 100%. You're all sh!tting your diapers because he kept the coaches we thought he would (and probably the right ones). Who of those 4 shouldn't be here and why? C'mon, tell me. And offer up a solid, factual argument. Chev and Hagan are damn good recruiters and Drake will likely be just as good given the chance. If any of you actually asked prospects and players alike, they'd tell you that. We all rant and rave and cheer about how awesome a hire Tucker is and how smart and focused he is and then suddenly don't trust he knows what he's doing 5 days later. WTF?!

Get a f***ing grip.

Sweet. What do we get if we are not pleased? Also, good luck pleasing Duff.

url

I am going to see how 2020 goes. I hope you are right.

The goalposts tend to get moved quite a bit around here in regards to recruiting though.

I’m off that train. No more posturing from me regarding recruiting. Tucker said he can recruit here and will be a “no excuses” program. I expect, no excuses recruiting from 2020 on. No excuses to me is a top 25 class at the minimum.

In regards to recruiting. I think we improved exponentially from where we were years ago. Here’s the reality, you win and the recruits will come. Kids want to win, win and they will come. We’ve been in on some high end kids the last 2 years. Tucker and the 4 he is keeping is now tasked with turning into closers. But more than closers they need to WIN! If we can’t win, we’ll get looked over and if we get looked over we will struggle just as we did under MM.

Coaching TEs would be in the passing game & on blocking in space. Stuff Chev was great at as a player. For the in-line stuff, they'd actually be working more with the OL coach when it came to the run game & max protect. "TE coach" is very much a recruiting position on a staff. One of the reasons I hated so very very much having Bernardi in that job.

Edit: Plus, a lot of the damage Viska did this year was when he was in the slot running the TE routes.
TEs worked with WRs in about 1/2 of the periods I saw. Otherwise worked on fumble recovery when with Bernardi.

Are we in agreement that Drake has to close out with some quality DLs this cycle and then start distinguishing himself with the 2020 class (guys he's had 2 years to recruit)?
Agree. I suspect this was outlined clearly to him. I’m anxious to see what he does with Sami as well

Sounds like we couldn't beat out UGA for their in house hire for DC. So unfortunate, but not a red flag.

Still expect Tucker to name a DC soon (or at least sooner then February, looking at you MM). And I expect that DC to be better than Eliot.

Pre-season AllBuffs: I'm worried about the DL
Post-season AllBuffs: the DL was a pleasant surprise and one of our best coached/motivated position groups, but Drake's gotta go!

The dude is awesome, also the kind of coach who gets the most out of his players and makes them believe in their abilities...as his recruiting connections start to ramp up, watch out!

I do agree that HCMT may not be as high on the value of a Poly pipeline as a lot of us out west, since he's an SEC guy.

Still expect Tucker to name a DC soon (or at least sooner then February, looking at you MM). And I expect that DC to be better than Eliot.
This is the hire where you can recruit a younger up and comer / first time DC if you are Tucker. But yea, no waiting around.

We should see Drake's recruiting pay off in the 2020 class, if the ability is there.

Back