What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in One DirecTV Hates Pac-12 Network Thread (Was Larry Scott Thread)

Larry Scott: No DirecTV for Pac12Network this year

The only ducks I see on DirecTV are on Duck Dynasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Orr, I think I have some ammunition for you. This is directly from the DTV website:

· We strive to deliver a TV experience you won't find anywhere else.
As a DIRECTV customer, you've come to expect great things — the best programming, including shows and sports you can't get from any other TV service, as well as cutting-edge technology that takes your viewing experience to the next level. We will continue to bring you the TV entertainment experience that only DIRECTV can deliver.

They clearly DO NOT provide you with sports that you can't get from any other TV service. Quite the opposite, in fact. This is one of their customer service "promises". Is the fact that they are not delivering on this promise a breach of contract? I'll let the lawyers fight that one out, but it will at least give you something new to throw back at them.

So, I've been e-mailing DTV all day long. Some poor schmuck has to reply to every email. Even if its a canned response, they have to respond. It may be effective to email the living hell out of them.clog up their customer service centers with responses to PAC 12 network requests. I just keep asking why they are not willing to take the same deal everybody else has agreed to. They never answer, so I keep asking. It's kind of entertaining.

So, I've been e-mailing DTV all day long. Some poor schmuck has to reply to every email. Even if its a canned response, they have to respond. It may be effective to email the living hell out of them.clog up their customer service centers with responses to PAC 12 network requests. I just keep asking why they are not willing to take the same deal everybody else has agreed to. They never answer, so I keep asking. It's kind of entertaining.
you are twisted.

I can arrange this on mass, mass, mass scale.

This whole thing is doing nothing but driving me farther away from giving a **** about CU football, and really the school as a whole. I had season tickets since I graduated and over the last decade the experience gets worse each year between us getting our asses kicked, security being a pain in the ass, and just thinking about the dumpster fire that has been the leadership over that time frame.

Them not putting all these games on every provider is their own fault, the PAC and CU! They may be raking in the cash right now but over time, this bad PR will cost the schools as it does nothing but limit their exposure and erode the foundation of their supporters.

I have no plans to switch from DirecTV as it is just a better product than the other two options and this whole thing is making it really easy to forget about CU sports. Ill watch the games that show up on DTV but if I can't watch it, then Ill take that as they don't want me to watch it.

Re: Larry Scott: No DirecTV for Pac12Network this year

This whole thing is doing nothing but driving me farther away from giving a **** about CU football, and really the school as a whole. I had season tickets since I graduated and over the last decade the experience gets worse each year between us getting our asses kicked, security being a pain in the ass, and just thinking about the dumpster fire that has been the leadership over that time frame.

Them not putting all these games on every provider is their own fault, the PAC and CU! They may be raking in the cash right now but over time, this bad PR will cost the schools as it does nothing but limit their exposure and erode the foundation of their supporters.

I have no plans to switch from DirecTV as it is just a better product than the other two options and this whole thing is making it really easy to forget about CU sports. Ill watch the games that show up on DTV but if I can't watch it, then Ill take that as they don't want me to watch it.

Anger is understood. Your conclusions are sort of silly

I can arrange this on mass, mass, mass scale.

can we somehow get 4chan involved into this? by the end of the week, everyone will have the top tier of programming for free and direct tv will be paying each customer $20 a day

My big concern has to do with comcasts' internet access to the Pac-12 regional feeds. I do NOT have comcast internet...and as most of you know, comcast doesn't allow you to use the pac-12's technology/website to access the feeds. Since I live in Oregon, the only way for me to see the Mountain regional feed is via the internet. Can I get that via comcast if comcast is NOT my internet provider? (I have read conflicting info about this on other message boards).

Unless there is something funky with XFinity - it shouldn't be a problem. Last season I watched through Cox online using Verizon Fios internet. But hopefully someone can answer with Comcast specifically. I don't know anything about their proprietary online streaming deal.

On a side note. Someone on another board with knowledge on how these deals work made a great point. Other MSO's, especially the majors that stepped up before launch (Comcast, Cox, Brighthouse and TW) more than likely have favored nation clauses in their carriage contract. So if the P12 caved to DTV and lowered their carriage fee specifically for them, they would be doing so for everyone else too. Bottom line - DTV can sign up for the same deal everyone else has or sit and spin. It sucks for subscribers of DTV, but this is the game of carriage deals we are seeing playing out. Time Warner just recently dropped freakn CBS and all the family of channels. (including Showtime which isn't even bundled). How long will that last? I really don't think a la carte is the answer... but something is going to have to give sooner or later.

:bang: just got off the phone with DirecTV - lady in customer retention claims she knows what's going on-
told me that just yesterday DTV offered to carry Pac12 as a package similar to how the NFL Ticket works and that the Pac12 declined the offer. Lady claims that Pac12 wants to charge everybody $20+ dollars a month and have the channel a part of the regular lineup. I think she's full of crap. I'm really getting pissed at DTV and I've been a fan of them up until this point.

Last edited:
:bang: just got off the phone with DirecTV - lady in customer retention claims she knows what's going on-
told me that just yesterday DTV offered to carry Pac12 as a package similar to how the NFL Ticket works and that the Pac12 declined the ooffer. Lady claims that Pac12 wants to charge everybody $20+ dollars a month and have the channel a part of the regular lineup. I think she's full of crap. I'm really getting pissed at DTV and I've been a fan of them up until this point.

So they are just blatantly lying to people now? 20 dollars a month for everybody, that is a load of crap...its like 80 cents if you're in a Pac 12 State otherwise its 30 cents. They want the Pac to agree with their a la carte proposal that no RSN has ever agreed to. I'm with Larry on this one, ride it out until DirecTV loses Sunday Ticket. As it is, with Microsoft agreeing to a $400 million dollar deal with the NFL I think Sunday Ticket will be a supplementary service available to Xbox Live customers in a year or two. That doesn't do anything for sports bars but it will give residential customers a lot more options.

Lady claims that Pac12 wants to charge everybody $20+ dollars a month and have the channel a part of the regular lineup.

LOL -- wut??? Hopefully she misunderstood and isn't intentionally selling this load of BS to DTV customers. If you have the time, would call up again and see if you get the same response. If you do, tell that they are completely full of it. SuperD, actually I think its closer to 10 cents outside footprint. And its definitely no more than 80 cents inside. I wouldn't doubt DTV is asking 20/month stand alone a la carte fee, which is total BS as well. Bottom line, they are using the PAC12N to advance their agenda in changing the way MSO's pay for these RSNs. They are counting on P12 fans living up to the ambivalent reputation.

Re: Larry Scott: No DirecTV for Pac12Network this year

Awesome CU is going to get $100 million a month soon.

told me that just yesterday DTV offered to carry Pac12 as a package similar to how the NFL Ticket works and that the Pac12 declined the offer. Lady claims that Pac12 wants to charge everybody $20+ dollars a month and have the channel a part of the regular lineup. I think she's full of crap. I'm really getting pissed at DTV and I've been a fan of them up until this point.

I imagine this is a scripted response sent to CSRs by DTV to combat the #dropDTV campaign that the Pac 12 has launched. I like the #dropDTV campaign because DTV is overpriced, the technology is not better than DISH, HD offering is better on DISH and RedZone >> Sunday Ticket for me. But it's still a pretty ballsy move by Larry IMO.

Back