What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All in One DirecTV Hates Pac-12 Network Thread (Was Larry Scott Thread)

the Pac-12 needs to find a way to get its network on DTV even if that means giving them a better deal.

Mentioned this earlier in the thread, but someone with experience pointed out these carriage deals usually have a "favored nation" clause, especially the early partners (Cox, Time Warner, Comcast and Brighthouse). Meaning if the PAC gives DirecTV a better deal, that better deal would apply to the other MSO's as well. So that won't work.

With regards to the emails, I just got the same canned response. In my intial email, made sure to emphasize the PAC is offering DTV the SAME deal every other MSO has agreed to. I appreciate looking out for the customer, but when everyone else is on board, it points to DirecTV being the problem. Not the PAC.

I'll make you a deal DTV, you give me the Pac 12 network and I'll pay a la carte for only the Sunday ticket games I want to watch. Sunday ticket is fine, but I really don't need to pay for 16 Lions, Jaguars, Bills, Browns, Panthers, Jets, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, or Buccaneer games.

I'll make you a deal DTV, you give me the Pac 12 network and I'll pay a la carte for only the Sunday ticket games I want to watch. Sunday ticket is fine, but I really don't need to pay for 16 Lions, Jaguars, Bills, Browns, Panthers, Jets, Cardinals, Chargers, Dolphins, or Buccaneer games.

They can't support that deal because they're leader in sports, and obligated to bring you that programming.

The switch is complete. I just moved from DirecTV to Cox (PAC-12 LA). This sucks. :sad1:

Welcome to streaming hell.

They can't support that deal because they're leader in sports, and obligated to bring you that programming.

I know, just pointing out the irony that they think we should have a la carte pricing for Pac 12, but I should be forced to pay for 200+ NFL games I have no interest in watching.

I know, just pointing out the irony that they think we should have a la carte pricing for Pac 12, but I should be forced to pay for 200+ NFL games I have no interest in watching.
Ironic that you didn't get that Orr was being ironic.

355zay.jpg

Response
---------------------------------------------------------------
DIRECTV wants to make PAC-12 Network available to the fans who want it. We’re asking that PAC-12 agrees to a price that is affordable for all of our customers, as we’ve offered and done with dozens of other sports networks. We’ve also proposed that PAC-12 allow fans to buy the network separately or purchase individual games on demand. Unfortunately, Pac 12 has refused all of these options. We are firmly committed to protecting our customers from unfair price increases. DIRECTV is ready to add PAC-12 Network when they propose a deal that’s fair to our valued customers.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com.

Thank you,

DIRECTV Customer Care
Discussion Thread

Response
DIRECTV wants to make PAC-12 Network available to the fans who want it. We’re asking that PAC-12 agrees to a price that is affordable for all of our customers, as we’ve offered and done with dozens of other sports networks. We’ve also proposed that PAC-12 allow fans to buy the network separately or purchase individual games on demand. Unfortunately, Pac 12 has refused all of these options. We are firmly committed to protecting our customers from unfair price increases. DIRECTV is ready to add PAC-12 Network when they propose a deal that’s fair to our valued customers.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com.

Thank you,

DIRECTV Customer Care
Discussion Thread

You should reply and ask them how much you would be able to reduce your bill by removing (name a few random sports channels) from your package on an a la carte basis.

You should reply and ask them how much you would be able to reduce your bill by removing (name a few random sports channels) from your package on an a la carte basis.
make sure to mention that you are a cat person and that you definitely want to remove the brand new dog tv channel.

Jimmy isnt being smart. Shocking

No I speak in facts. You want to be a Pac 12 apologist all power to you.

Bottom line the Pac 12 network has very little programming that I will ever watch outside of the actual games which are always streamed on the free stream sites like vipsports.tv or firstrowsports.

Larry Scott has failed to get the Pac 12 network on DTV. FACT!!

okay these email aren't working. Can someone ask them this on twitter or facebook?

If Directv is the leader in sports, why aren't they taking the exact same deal for the Pac:12 network that other provider took?

The only was I see DirecTV budging this year is if thousands or hundreds of thousands drop them in favor of DISH or cable. Based on the unwillingness to drop DTV just by people on this board, you can see they're in the driver's seat. And the Pac cannot afford to give away their programming to others which would happen if they sign DTV's ultimatum. DTV lost a 15 year customer in me. They will not likely get me back anytime soon, especially since they cannot provide the sports programming I desire.

Emails won't do a thing, for whatever reason they're hard-lining against the Pac to make an example.

I still have no regrets about leaving them. They made me choose between college and pro football, I chose college. Now I just have to stream NFL to my TV. Oh well...

It's a painful transition to ala carte programming it seems.

Google may bid for NFL Sunday Ticket. Not sure how they would deliver this but interesting. DTV is going to have a lot of competition for these rights. :popcorn:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100977669

Microsoft is also in on it. They want to add NFL ticket to the Xbox One platform. That combined with the backtracking on some of the big issues with Xbox One, I may have to get one.

Perhaps DTV is more focused on renewing that Sunday Ticket deal than making one with the Pac-12 Network?

If Sunday Ticket goes to the XBONE, I will most likely go with XBONE instead of the PS4. I'm definetly putting my plans for a PS4 on hold for now.

http://www.xossports.com/

The SEC and Big 12 are two BCS conferences that allows fans to purchase their games on an individaul basis and watch it on different types of devices such as tablets and set top boxes. I'm one of many people who have "cut the cord" but it also is frustrating that I am unable to watch the Pac-12 while I'm willing to pay up to $20 per month to watch the Pac-12 Network on a streaming device. I think the answer lies somewhere in the media rights deal that the Pac-12 has. And the Big 12 fans have the ability to watch their teams in this manner due to each team having control of their third tier rights. This really is ticking me off big time about the Pac-12 media rights deal plus it appears that CU is actually worse off in the Pac-12 than the Big 12. That has nothing to do with the product on the playing field.

The only was I see DirecTV budging this year is if thousands or hundreds of thousands drop them in favor of DISH or cable. Based on the unwillingness to drop DTV just by people on this board, you can see they're in the driver's seat. And the Pac cannot afford to give away their programming to others which would happen if they sign DTV's ultimatum. DTV lost a 15 year customer in me. They will not likely get me back anytime soon, especially since they cannot provide the sports programming I desire.

Emails won't do a thing, for whatever reason they're hard-lining against the Pac to make an example.

I still have no regrets about leaving them. They made me choose between college and pro football, I chose college. Now I just have to stream NFL to my TV. Oh well...

It's a painful transition to ala carte programming it seems.

DD is right on this one. If guys who spend 20 hours a week on a college fansite won't drop DTV, then DTV gets the win on this one.

The Pac 12 Network should consider offering a web streaming service for anyone who is on DirecTV. To get on the network, a person simply has to show that they are a DirecTV subscriber. Then they can log into a webportal and stream everything the Pac-12 Network has to offer.

They aren't free. You're stealing.

It's subscribers like us that make that **** available to you. You are on TV welfare.

Blame Larry Scott for that.

And how stupid is Larry Scott to think that these ridiculous ads (good job wasting money on that Larry) he's coming up with are going to do damage to DirecTv? The guy is living in some weird fantasy land. You got a niche channel douche bag and DirecTV isn't ever going to go away so eventually at some point you are going to need to get a deal done with them. Drop the nonsense Larry. Get the ****ing deal done and don't show your stupid ass face on TV until its done.

Last edited:
I think I pay, like, $10 or $12 for the sports package. Why not just include the PAC network in the sports package and bump it to, say, $15?

Just looked. $12.99. So bump it a few bucks. For new subscribers, of course.

I emailed asking DTV if in the future I could add PAC12, and drop B1G, and pay the same price. Here is the reply email:

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email(Delio F. - 100267962) - 08/21/2013 12:29 PM
Dear Mr. 76,

Thanks for writing us back. I understand your concern about the availability of Pac-12 on DIRECTV.

We have no new information to give you at this time about Pac-12. While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience at the best value.

We have been in discussions with the Pac-12 but have not reached an agreement to carry the Pac-12 Network as of yet. We realize the small number of exclusive Pac-12 Network games are important to specific fans, and we want them to have their network, but Pac 12 continues to demand a significant price that would force all of our customers to still pay for this channel whether they want it or not. If Pac 12 were to be more reasonable, we believe there is an opportunity to add the channel immediately for any fan who wants it.

While Pac 12 has refused our proposed options for making the network available, we stand ready to agree to add the network if they propose a fair deal. There is nothing you need to do at this time. You can get up to date information on Pac-12 at www.directvpromise.com

We respect your time and I appreciate that you have given me the opportunity to personally address your concern, Mr. 76

I emailed asking DTV if in the future I could add PAC12, and drop B1G, and pay the same price. Here is the reply email:

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email(Delio F. - 100267962) - 08/21/2013 12:29 PM
Dear Mr. 76,

Thanks for writing us back. I understand your concern about the availability of Pac-12 on DIRECTV.

We have no new information to give you at this time about Pac-12. While we are unable to comment on upcoming programming decisions, we are always reviewing our programming options to make sure we bring you the best possible TV experience at the best value.

We have been in discussions with the Pac-12 but have not reached an agreement to carry the Pac-12 Network as of yet. We realize the small number of exclusive Pac-12 Network games are important to specific fans, and we want them to have their network, but Pac 12 continues to demand a significant price that would force all of our customers to still pay for this channel whether they want it or not. If Pac 12 were to be more reasonable, we believe there is an opportunity to add the channel immediately for any fan who wants it.

While Pac 12 has refused our proposed options for making the network available, we stand ready to agree to add the network if they propose a fair deal. There is nothing you need to do at this time. You can get up to date information on Pac-12 at www.directvpromise.com

We respect your time and I appreciate that you have given me the opportunity to personally address your concern, Mr. 76

I started getting these, and I responded by saying, "Your response is misaligned with my question. It is evident that you're not reading my request, and that this is an autogenerated response. This falls well short of the standard I expect from my media provider." I dealt with a real person after that.

If Cal and Standford grads are so damn smart, why haven't they figured out how to get this done.

Interesting. Seems you got a personal response or wonder if that is a canned second response? Regardless, every time they respond they open up more issues to slam them on. They obviously couldn't give a f8ck and are treating the PACN completely different than other RSNs. Again, its PAC fans living down to the reputation.

chipwhich - I just got the new 6 tuner Cisco box from Cox installed today - their new Contour feature. Kicks ass.

Interesting. Seems you got a personal response or wonder if that is a canned second response? Regardless, every time they respond they open up more issues to slam them on. They obviously couldn't give a f8ck and are treating the PACN completely different than other RSNs. Again, its PAC fans living down to the reputation.

chipwhich - I just got the new 6 tuner Cisco box from Cox installed today - their new Contour feature. Kicks ass.

Sweet. That is what I ordered.

I will be testing the HDMI out on my iPad for streaming the PAC 12 Network / NFL Sunday Ticket (Madden Coupon) to my TV this week. Just ordered the cable that allows HDMI out and charging at the same time.

Re: Larry Scott: No DirecTV for Pac12Network this year

Canned. I got the same reply.

How awesome would chat support roulette be? You have a bunch of ****ty broken products hit the button and blam.

Back