What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

All upcoming practices closed

Shot Bohner an email...I'll see if he responds. Stupid move IMO. With that said, if any of you or anyone else gets pissed off enough to quit being a Buff fan, then that is truly sad

None of us are going to quit being fans but why do we need to keep being slapped around like the red headed stepchild because we like to hang out on the net and talk about the buffs?

Shot Bohner an email...I'll see if he responds. Stupid move IMO. With that said, if any of you or anyone else gets pissed off enough to quit being a Buff fan, then that is truly sad

Good idea! I hope your hear back from him and that he has a logical explanation for this. I don't remember this being a problem before?

None of us are going to quit being fans but why do we need to keep being slapped around like the red headed stepchild because we like to hang out on the net and talk about the buffs?

:iagree:

Oh well. Plenty of diehards in the fanbase. No need to worry.

I don't remember this being a problem before?

Maybe it's because traffic is up to these fan sites? I have no idea how others are doing but we here are doing great for this time of the year. Way up from the past years for allbuffs.

This is difficult to understand. It is almost as if the AD wishes to exist in a world without the 'net (except when they extol Hawk's Twitter page etc.) and tell the fans to basically, shut up, act like we tell you, keep your opinions to yourself, oh yeah, pay up.

What ever happend to the customer is always right? If they want to close practice fine. If they want to (meaning Hawk) want to call 'net followers of the program scum, fine. I can't say it makes me want to load up the family, drive an hour or more each way, pay for tickets, buy the gear and food when I sometimes get the feeling I'm not especially welcome. Weird way to build a fanbase.

GB closing practice was one of the weird things he did. Maybe there is more going on than I know, but the AD should be finding ways to include the fanbase, even those who follow on the 'net, rather than finding ways to annoy them. JMO.

ever since plati got into a pissing match with ted smith (the netbuffs guy, back in the day), CU has had a hard-on for crushing the dissemination of information on the web.

What happened with that? I think I got on Netbuffs right about the time that happened. Never knew what the beef was between the two.

it is just the latest blast against the big scary internet.

ever since plati got into a pissing match with ted smith (the netbuffs guy, back in the day), CU has had a hard-on for crushing the dissemination of information on the web.

other, smarter schools use the internet to their advantage, but, no, we have so many fans, we can afford to chuck a few thousand die-hards to curb. why not? it is raining adoring fans with open checkbooks in boulder!!!

carroll's practices are ALL open to the public. there are tons of fans there. and carroll works the crowd, too, saying hello to key boosters and such.

but, hey, what does carroll know about football? right? right?

what a freaking joke.

I can't believe the coaching staff would get there panties in a bunch over the message boards. I don't even take myself serious when I do this crap. Its not like we are OrangeBloods.

It is almost as if the AD wishes to exist in a world without the 'net (except when they extol Hawk's Twitter page etc.) and tell the fans to basically, shut up, act like we tell you, keep your opinions to yourself, oh yeah, pay up.

Trust me, they would love nothing more than allbuff type sites to go away. Well others more so than allbuffs but we are in the same category.

And it's probably because of stuff like what I just typed. Wish as they may I'm not taking allbuffs anywhere, well unless they sue me then I will probably be pissed and leave out of spite.

Good idea! I hope your hear back from him and that he has a logical explanation for this. I don't remember this being a problem before?

i'll give you an illogical explanation for this...

let me preface this by saying that i like plati and i think he's one of the best sids around and he's always been accesible to fans. but, i don't think he liked getting called "fat" by the idiots on ted smith's site, back in the old days. and then when plati denied access to smith and said he wasn't a legit journalist, smith sued CU. it was a huge pissing match.

i think at least some of this may be due to the long running ill will between plati and fan sites. i am not saying plati didn't have good reasons to be pissed. he did. but, times have changed and you have to use the net now, not try to shut it down.

who is the one, high ranking official in the ad who has been a constant in all this web-bashing? plati. the web-hating has continued, despite several regime changes at CU. plati is the constant.

i wish they'd recognize how much folks love CU on sites like this one. hell, if you did a study, i bet you'd find that we donate more, we attend more games, etc., than other CU fans on average. yet, they want to kill the internet out of fear.

you can't control the uncontrollable. they are going to have to learn this.

maybe i should just start going with my family to usc practice. carroll is always nice and says hello. and, no one makes us feel like ****ing criminals for wanting information about the team.

this is very demoralizing and sad for those of us who follow CU (and support it financially) from remote locations.

Maybe when the dust settles I won't be so angry. Until then, I'll continue to contemplate posting something I know the AD wouldn't like :evil laugh::devil:

The stuff that Slider and I post is stuff that anyone who actually comes to practice can see. The only reason it is on the net is for people who cant make, live out of state or for other various reasons.

We arent groundbreaker journalist (althougth I like to think we are :smile:) but $hit, we are posting basic information that we saw.

Trust me, they would love nothing more than allbuff type sites to go away. Well others more so than allbuffs but we are in the same category.

And it's probably because of stuff like what I just typed. Wish as they may I'm not taking allbuffs anywhere, well unless they sue me then I will probably be pissed and leave out of spite.

I'm glad this site is here. I still go the "the other site" from time to time, but this one is more sane, well, except for the politics forum.:smile2: How long before the AD starts desiring to censor that forum?

The stuff that Slider and I post is stuff that anyone who actually comes to practice can see. The only reason it is on the net is for people who cant make, live out of state or for other various reasons.

We arent groundbreaker journalist (althougth I like to think we are :smile:) but $hit, we are posting basic information that we saw.
from what I gather it wasn't you guys... it was the videos. I am emailing plati...

i'll give you an illogical explanation for this...

let me preface this by saying that i like plati and i think he's one of the best sids around and he's always been accesible to fans. but, i don't think he liked getting called "fat" by the idiots on ted smith's site, back in the old days. and then when plati denied access to smith and said he wasn't a legit journalist, smith sued CU. it was a huge pissing match.

i think at least some of this may be due to the long running ill will between plati and fan sites. i am not saying plati didn't have good reasons to be pissed. he did. but, times have changed and you have to use the net now, not try to shut it down.

who is the one, high ranking official in the ad who has been a constant in all this web-bashing? plati. the web-hating has continued, despite several regime changes at CU. plati is the constant.

i wish they'd recognize how much folks love CU on sites like this one. hell, if you did a study, i bet you'd find that we donate more, we attend more games, etc., than other CU fans on average. yet, they want to kill the internet out of fear.

you can't control the uncontrollable. they are going to have to learn this.

maybe i should just start going with my family to usc practice. carroll is always nice and says hello. and, no one makes us feel like ****ing criminals for wanting information about the team.

this is very demoralizing and sad for those of us who follow CU (and support it financially) from remote locations.

:yeahthat:

from what I gather it wasn't you guys... it was the videos. I am emailing plati...

That was last year...so it's unrelated. I'm going to protest outside of the bubble. I'll sit in the tree and not shower until they open practices:smile2: Anyone have a good idea for a sign lol?

Someone made an earlier comment about what season ticket holders would think of closing the practices to alumni. Well, I've been a season ticket holder since 1980. And that doesn’t count my collage years at CU. So needless to say, I hope Bohn has an apology and a logical reason for doing this. I'm made as hell! and I'm not going to take this BS anymore!!! OK, I'm done ranting.

I'm glad this site is here. I still go the "the other site" from time to time, but this one is more sane, well, except for the politics forum.:smile2: How long before the AD starts desiring to censor that forum?

Well first they would have to sign up. Then I would hit them with some hyperbole until they left, but no one ever leaves when I do that.... :thumbsup:

I enjoyed your practice updates. I thought they were within the pale. I'm annoyed by the general impression I get from the AD.

Someone made an earlier comment about what season ticket holders would think of closing the practices to alumni. Well, I've been a season ticket holder since 1980. And that doesn’t count my collage years at CU. So needless to say, I hope Bohn has an apology and a logical reason for doing this. I'm made as hell! and I'm not going to take this BS anymore!!! OK, I'm done ranting.

If the "Scum of the earth" episode is any indicator, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Back