What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Allbuffs Prayers for Maurice Purify's Family!!!!

so I take it all 3 of you so you are saying Mo's unprovoked, premeditated, violent, physical attack against the doorman that confiscated his friend's fake id and the his lady/girl friend, putting both in the hospital is not a act of violence, but Mo's brother being shot is and killed is?

They are both acts of violence, but not anywhere near the same thing like you are saying. :wow:

so I take it all 3 of you so you are saying Mo's unprovoked, premeditated, violent, physical attack against the doorman that confiscated his friend's fake id and the his lady/girl friend, putting both in the hospital is not a act of violence, but Mo's brother being shot is and killed is?

You were stating that a BAR ROOM FIGHT was no different then a kid getting shot in in the back? Anyways, you're a ****ing moron and there's no debating that! :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. What a bitch LB is. Mo Purify is a caring loving person. Shame on you Blaise:huh:

You win the lefty sarcasm award for that one valdez.:thumbsup:

I feel bad for the Purify/Spears family.

Last edited:

What the sweet **** does one have to do with the other. For all you know Mo's brother never even jaywalked or littered.
How people in this thread are connecting the fact that Mo has some obvious issues, with some sort of "karma" that led his brother being killed is beyond me. If this kid was a good person, then my heart goes out to him. Regardless, my heart goes out to his entire family, Mo included.

And yes, UBT they are both deplorable violent acts. But the fact that one happened by one person, in no way makes what happened to his brother (a completely different person) any less tragic.

My heart goes out the young man's entire family, including brother Mo and cousin Bobby.

i just have to wonder, what about the high ground huskers were taking on this thread? is this about the FAMILY? or is this a free for all?

a thread is up in the pub. take your negativity there.

I originally started this thread with the purpose of just having everyone think about Mo and his family. I never asked for anyone to think that he is a fantastic person because he HAS made mistakes. I'm not going to make any type of excuse for him because I didn't agree with what he did to get himself in trouble as you would see in other threads based on the topic. I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for Mo and forget about some of the decisions he has made. Just give him your thoughts and prayers, as you have all have done, as a brother and family member and not as a football player or a Husker. :sad1:

Man that's so sorry to hear. Life sux for some people I'm sure Mo is really down.

And Blaise...well...there's not much to say it's expected. Poor taste you really should consider growing up a little and admitting when you're wrong.

Last edited:
he can always drink his sorrows away :smile2:

You ever laugh at something and then feel guilty for doing so?

That's me right now.

Honestly, I don't want to make light of a terrible tragedy. What happened is awful and I feel very badly for everybody involved.

damn you 66.

You ever laugh at something and then feel guilty for doing so?

that's me right now.

Honestly, I don't want to make light of a terrible tragedy. What happened is awful and I feel very badly for everybody involved.

damn you 66.

:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

just doin my job :thumbsup:

They are both acts of violence, but not anywhere near the same thing like you are saying. :wow:

all I am saying, and I am sorry you and blackshirts are having a hard time grasping this concept, an act of violence is an act of violence. None should exist, ever. If you want to put "labels" on the degree of severity an act of violence, so be it. I just happen to see them being both equally wrong, no more, or no less than the other and neither should have happened in the 1st place.

You were stating that a BAR ROOM FIGHT was no different then a kid getting shot in in the back? Anyways, you're a ****ing moron and there's no debating that! :thumbsup:

go back and read the newspaper account and police report, this wasnt a "BAR FIGHT". his attack of the doorman and the woman came one week after the said doorman had confiscated a friend's fake id. His actions were premeditated in nature, violent and vicious at the least as he sought out the doorman, and this does even address his physical assuslt of the woman. to sit here and proclaim is was just a "BAR FIGHT" desensitizes and lessens the severity Mo's vicious assault on these people and the pain they and their families suffered because of Mo.

so blackshirts, go read the newspaper reports and police blotter. then come back here and tell me who the moron is.... :thumbsup:

all I am saying, and I am sorry you and blackshirts are having a hard time grasping this concept, an act of violence is an act of violence. None should exist, ever. If you want to put "labels" on the degree of severity an act of violence, so be it. I just happen to see them being both equally wrong, no more, or no less than the other and neither should have happened in the 1st place.

Thats all fine and dandy if you live in Candyland, but in the real world things are different. Why dont you ask the victims of each how they feel, oh wait.

I bet if you had a choice of either getting beat up or shot to death, your tune would change real quick.

I for one would rather be beaten up as opposed to getting shot. That's just me though. I'm fussy like that. But your right ubt. Its all the same.:huh:

Thats all fine and dandy if you live in Candyland, but in the real world things are different. Why dont you ask the victims of each how they feel, oh wait.

I bet if you had a choice of either getting beat up or shot to death, your tune would change real quick.

no in the real world an act of violence is deplorable act that should never happen for any reason what-so-ever.

Candyland, is your court of law and how you are trying to inject degrees of severity on the acts of physical violence to justify what Mo did was not as bad as what happened to his brother...

human law >>> (is great than) court of law

and you didnt list a 3rd choice in your question, and that is "neither", but actually I could care less, today is a good day for living, but I will welcome death when it comes.....

no in the real world an act of violence is deplorable act that should never happen for any reason what-so-ever.

Candyland, is your court of law and how you are trying to inject degrees of severity on the acts of physical violence to justify what Mo did was not as bad as what happened to his brother...

human law >>> (is great than) court of law

and you didnt list a 3rd choice in your question, and that is "neither", but actually I could care less, today is a good day for living, but I will welcome death when it comes.....

Man, its getting deep in here. I'll let you get back to your John Lennon records and hippy lettuce.

if thats what you want to believe this is, john lennon records and hippy lettuce, then the sig line rino has says it all.....

That's what you sound like, some jackoff hippy sitting around talking about some perfect world bull****, and how everything is the same, yadda yadda yadda bull****.

Well, its not. There is a reason why aggrivated assault and murder carry different punishements, and its because they are different.

You can act the tough guy all you want, but I would bet it you had a choice between a fist or a gun in your face, you would take the fist and drop this "today is a good day for living" ****.

go back and read the newspaper account and police report, this wasnt a "BAR FIGHT". his attack of the doorman and the woman came one week after the said doorman had confiscated a friend's fake id. His actions were premeditated in nature, violent and vicious at the least as he sought out the doorman, and this does even address his physical assuslt of the woman. to sit here and proclaim is was just a "BAR FIGHT" desensitizes and lessens the severity Mo's vicious assault on these people and the pain they and their families suffered because of Mo.

so blackshirts, go read the newspaper reports and police blotter. then come back here and tell me who the moron is.... :thumbsup:

You are ****ing moron! First off I have taken statements and made reports in regards to assaults that have happened in drinking establishments aka bar fights. I have seen many doorman walk around like their **** don't stink and think they are above the law and provoke many fights themselves. Then you interview 14 witnesses, out of those 14 witnesses, 50% will have conflicting stories. Then you factor in on the amount of these witnesses who were friends of the victim, suspect, or neutral. Their mental cupable state as to their intoxication levels (if any) during the time of the initial interviews. Hell I read where a witnesse over heard the doorman state to Maurice something to the effect that "you were the ****** that dropped the ball against Texas weren't ya?" Was that a true statement of REALLY what happened? Who the **** knows? If so you name me one African American Male especially young that will stand there and take that verbal abuse? Mix that in with alcohol and a previous history between the two and you have the makings of a "bad storm a brewing". Am I justifying what he did as being right? Not a ****ing chance. Is there always three sides to every story? (the victims accounts, the suspect accounts and the truth) Yep! Even for a dip **** like you ought to not read so much into press!
Oh and one more thing....The Police Blotter ONLY documents statements and **** that happened after the fact. Without actual "eyes on testimony" from the reporting officer the only thing he/she is doing is documenting.
**** I wasn't there and neither were you but to justify a shooting of one's brother (or as you put it "karma") as a result of Maurice being involved in a BAR FIGHT yes it happened in bar, is one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard of, but then again why would I think anything otherwise coming from you!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what you sound like, some jackoff hippy sitting around talking about some perfect world bull****, and how everything is the same, yadda yadda yadda bull****.

Well, its not. There is a reason why aggrivated assault and murder carry different punishements, and its because they are different.

You can act the tough guy all you want, but I would bet it you had a choice between a fist or a gun in your face, you would take the fist and drop this "today is a good day for living" ****.

ya i guess you could say I am a hippy, but not really. I did grow up in the 60's and 70's but in a household that did not preach, practice or advocate physical violence of any nature between people. my parents were not hippies in the least bit.

again you speak of court of law by men, but not human law. I dont disagree with you on you "court of law" view.

I am not scared to die. I dont live my life as if I am scared to die why should I?

You are ****ing moron! First off I have taken statements and made reports in regards to assaults that have happened in drinking establishments aka bar fights. I have seen many doorman walk around like their **** don't stink and think they are above the law and provoke many fights themselves. Then you interview 14 witnesses, out of those 14 witnesses, 50% will have conflicting stories. Then you factor in on the amount of these witnesses who were friends of the victim, suspect, or neutral. Their mental cupable state as to their intoxication levels (if any) during the time of the initial interviews. Hell I read where a witnesse over heard the doorman state to Maurice something to the effect that "you were the ****** that dropped the ball against Texas weren't ya?" Was that a true statement of REALLY what happened? Who the **** knows? If so you name me one African American Male especially young that will stand there and take that verbal abuse? Mix that in with alcohol and a previous history between the two and you have the makings of a "bad storm a brewing". Am I justifying what he did as being right? Not a ****ing chance. Is there always three sides to every story? (the victims accounts, the suspect accounts and the truth) Yep! Even for a dip **** like you ought to not read so much into press!
Oh and one more thing....The Police Blotter ONLY documents statements and **** that happened after the fact. Without actual "eyes on testimony" from the reporting officer the only thing he/she is doing is documenting.
**** I wasn't there and neither were you but to justify a shooting of one's brother (or as you put it "karma") as a result of Maurice being involved in a BAR FIGHT yes it happened in bar, is one of the most dumbest things I have ever heard of, but then again why would I think anything otherwise coming from you!

please provide a link to the statement in bold. I'd be interested in reading it....

as far as the underline.... cant give you the names here, but in general, as that is how you are speaking here, the smart ones turn and walk away and dont put themselves into a even more dangerous situation as i have done on numerous occassions when derogatory comments, slews and such are said to me about my heritage and race..... the thugs stay and fight......

i wasnt justifying the shooting of Mo's brother with the karma comment, just merely stating what goes around comes around. Seems the violence Mo acted out, a violent act, came back to him and his family doesnt it?? that you cannot deny.

and fwiw..... yes i do believe they are connected, I cant explain it here, and I will use my words, "in the circle of life all living things are connected."

Last edited:
Back