What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Amazon Smile - An easy way to give more money to CU

KCM

Club Member
Club Member
All,
I know it's the offseason, but I wanted to share and easy way (for those you frequently shop at Amazon) to donate more money to CU (at no cost to you). As you can see from the screenshot below, I've started shopping at Amazon's charity program website (smile.amazon.com). I was shocked to see the University of Colorado Foundation has only received $317 so far, and figured with the help of Allbuffs we could do much better.

(Mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I wasn't sure were to put it)

IMG_0630.PNG

For any of you who buy as an Amazon prime member, it's silly not to use the "Smile" portal to support a charity.

I do my son's school.

Didn't know that you could support CU. Don't cost nothin'.

I ended up giving $168 over the last two years to some charity I have never heard of that my sister in law recommended to me. I did it because it costs me nothing and helps a good cause.

That cause is now the CU Foundation. If we get 10,000 people like me giving them $80+ a year, that's $800k+ extra dollars a year to the foundation, which costs the buyers absolutely nothing.

What if we could get 100,000 alumni to do so?

I've been using smile for quite some time, but now plan to change to the CU foundation.

FYI, it appears the amazon app does not support smile. I tried to change my smile recipient through the app and couldn't figure it out. Some googling revealed the app doesn't support it. I use the app whenever I realize some everyday I need some everyday item because of its simplicity and that way I don't forget, but I'll have to change that habit.

I've been using smile for quite some time, but now plan to change to the CU foundation.

FYI, it appears the amazon app does not support smile. I tried to change my smile recipient through the app and couldn't figure it out. Some googling revealed the app doesn't support it. I use the app whenever I realize some everyday I need some everyday item because of its simplicity and that way I don't forget, but I'll have to change that habit.
That sucks, but I would bet you can go so far as add something to your cart via the app, then wait until you hit a browser with smile and click purchase. That way you don't forget.

Hmm, clean drinking water to people in developing nations or a University system with a billion dollar endowment? Tough call.

Or you could refrain from buying a coffee, beer, glass of wine, reefer, new video game, or whatever discretionary spending competes for your dollar, and donate to multiple causes.
IMG_0572.PNG
[

Never knew that Amazon had this charity program website.. will start shopping here from now on! Thanks for the info

Bump.
If you're not an amazon smile user, just logon to amazon and search for amazon smile.
A link that describes it comes up. Go to that link and there will be another link to select the charitable organization.
You can then search for University of Colorado Foundation. Select it
In the future be sure do you amazon shopping at smile.amazon.com

Back