What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Andre (Edit: LEAVING FOR NBA)

I'm not clicking since from Henderson, but if the link title is what the article is truly about, it's time for CU to cut Henderson off.

It was best that Dre moved on if the line of thinking was that Tad would have to commit to focus more on Dre than he did on wins if Dre was going to stay. I watched Tad trying to run the offense through Dre and feature him as a scorer this year. It failed. If Dre wants to be that guy, he made the right decision to turn pro and focus 100% of his time on developing his handle, post moves and shot because it's not Tad's job to lose games doing things that aren't effective so an individual player can be a star.

Honestly, it sounds like Dre's dad fully understands and accepts that. I don't think he was saying that Tad and the coaches failed his son, just that the next stage of Dre's development is better handled at the professional than college level. That headline was way out of bounds. Nowhere in the article did Mr. Roberson say "coaches failed", but the headline attributes that to him. Unfair to Dre, Mr. Roberson, Tad and CU. **** Henderson and **** the Denver Post.

to me, sounds like the dad really wants to justify his decision.

Yep. It also sounds like one of the quotes was taking out of context. I would bet it was a direct answer to a Henderson question that the peeper of teenage gymnasts phrased along the lines of, "How do you respond to the people who are saying Dre's decision was selfish?".

"Dad makes questionable remarks while trying to vicariously live out his dream to play in the NBA through his son"

wow. some gratitude from Dre's father there. Yeesh.

I hate to say it, but to an extent, he's right. Dre was not going to be the offensive centerpiece. And Tad is 100% right about that. There are at least 3 other kids on that team who have a realistic shot at the NBA and they deserve to be “developed" as much as Dre. My biggest issue here is, for being a former professional player, Mr. Roberson himself didn't exactly do the best job teaching his son proper fundamentals, and is now putting a lot of that on the staff.

It was best that Dre moved on if the line of thinking was that Tad would have to commit to focus more on Dre than he did on wins if Dre was going to stay. I watched Tad trying to run the offense through Dre and feature him as a scorer this year. It failed. If Dre wants to be that guy, he made the right decision to turn pro and focus 100% of his time on developing his handle, post moves and shot because it's not Tad's job to lose games doing things that aren't effective so an individual player can be a star.

Honestly, it sounds like Dre's dad fully understands and accepts that. I don't think he was saying that Tad and the coaches failed his son, just that the next stage of Dre's development is better handled at the professional than college level. That headline was way out of bounds. Nowhere in the article did Mr. Roberson say "coaches failed", but the headline attributes that to him. Unfair to Dre, Mr. Roberson, Tad and CU. **** Henderson and **** the Denver Post.

This. 100% this. **** Henderson.

"It was 100% his choice." "We felt it was best for him to leave." Hey, at least he listens to his old man. I wish my kids would. ****ers.

I think, reading twixt the lines, Dre was torn between Tad/staying with his team and his old man. Kind of weird and sad to me.

i dont understand the Henderson hate on THIS piece. Dre's dad clearly stated that he is more concerned with Dre developing than the team winning games. I think the hate should be focused squarely towards Mr Roberson because this is a TEAM sport and good teammates do what is in the best interest of the team

i dont understand the Henderson hate on THIS piece. Dre's dad clearly stated that he is more concerned with Dre developing than the team winning games. I think the hate should be focused squarely towards Mr Roberson because this is a TEAM sport and good teammates do what is in the best interest of the team

I think the headline was more inflammatory than the body of the article.

You did see the headline right? Bull****

Does anyone else find it disingenuous that Andre's dad says it was 100% Andre's decision, yet he uses the word "we" several times when discussing how the decision was reached?

Does anyone else find it disingenuous that Andre's dad says it was 100% Andre's decision, yet he uses the word "we" several times when discussing how the decision was reached?

completely agree. There's no way this was Andre's decision alone. His silence is pretty damning. Mr Roberson handling all the PR right now just reeks to me.

Based on all this talk revolving around the showcasing of Dre on offense and how many shots he would/should get, I decided to check the game logs from this season and see if Tad used Dre correctly. Should more of the offense have gone through Dre?

Overall record in games Dre played: 20-11
Average shots attempted by Dre: 8.87

CU's record when Dre took 9 or more shots: 10-8 (.555 win%)
CU's record when Dre took 8 or less shots: 10-3 (.769 win%)

Based on all this talk revolving around the showcasing of Dre on offense and how many shots he would/should get, I decided to check the game logs from this season and see if Tad used Dre correctly. Should more of the offense have gone through Dre?

Overall record in games Dre played: 20-11
Average shots attempted by Dre: 8.87

CU's record when Dre took 9 or more shots: 10-8 (.555 win%)
CU's record when Dre took 8 or less shots: 10-3 (.769 win%)

All this proves is that Tad was selfishly more worried about winning games than developing Dre into a first rounder....

I will always wish Dre the very best. I just have a bad feeling this move isn't going to work out for him.

All this proves is that Tad was selfishly more worried about winning games than developing Dre into a first rounder....

Yeah, I suppose it does.

How do we explain Tad telling Alec he should enter the draft, though?

I'm definitely on board with Tad's brand of selfishness.

Dre might have made the final decision, but I think his dad influenced him.

Tad's job first and foremost is to win basketball games. No matter how great of a guy he is or how clean of a program he runs, he's not going to keep his job otherwise. Second, it is the forementioned, having a respectable program that is staying out of trouble(I know administrators will argue this comes first, it doesn't). Third, graduating players/keeping them academically stable (again, administrators will say academics comes before winning basketball games, it doesn't). Fourth, developing their basketball skills to the next level.

Tad's job first and foremost is to win basketball games. No matter how great of a guy he is or how clean of a program he runs, he's not going to keep his job otherwise. Second, it is the forementioned, having a respectable program that is staying out of trouble(I know administrators will argue this comes first, it doesn't). Third, graduating players/keeping them academically stable (again, administrators will say academics comes before winning basketball games, it doesn't). Fourth, developing their basketball skills to the next level.

I don't even agree that #4 is on the list. The job is to develop their basketball skills to win college games. I don't think that making sure the skills translate to the NBA is anywhere in the job description. It may help in recruiting if prospects believe a program plays a "NBA style", but that's a very minor thing.

I don't even agree that #4 is on the list. The job is to develop their basketball skills to win college games. I don't think that making sure the skills translate to the NBA is anywhere in the job description. It may help in recruiting if prospects believe a program plays a "NBA style", but that's a very minor thing.
Yeah you can definitely say it's even lower. My point remains helping an individual player showcase his skills to get to the next level especially one not expected to crack the first round isn't one of Tad's main responsibilities.

I do think 'Dre is making the right long-term move as I could see his stock going even further down.

Deleted by wsp4820. **** off JRK

Slow down.

If he makes an NBA roster, it does a ton for recruiting and the evolution of the program. We don't have guys like Mayor and XJ if it wasn't for Burks being a lottery pick and Cory making an NBA roster as a 2nd rounder.

Your post would be more appropriate if Dre was transferring to another program. If that was the case, I'd share this sentiment. But not for an NBA opportunity.

Censorship! Awesome!

I guess we'll just disregard the fact that nothing I wrote was inaccurate; his decision comes at the expense of a bunch of other people and may not even be in his own best interest but I suppose this is just too radical of a thought for here.

Andre will be in the NBA hall of fame and we're winning the national championship next year. Better?

Back