What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Another great longmont article... DS not painted well (Oh and a certain sign is back)

Re: Another great longmont article... DS not painted well (Oh and a certain sign is b

So CU's all time best Special Teams coach is now back "Mentoring" some CU players. Note to Dan Dipsh*t....hire Bob Simmons right now as Special Teams coach and OLB coach.

When Bob coached Special Teams under Coach Mac we had the best ST in the country..bar none.

He has HC experience, is well liked, respected in the profession and can relate to minority athletes.
This is a no brainer.

Getting Simmons on this staff would be huge for Hawkins if he is going to be around next year. He needs to get quality assistants. The question is, would Simmons come back full time?

Re: Another great longmont article... DS not painted well (Oh and a certain sign is b

"Coach Hagan has been asking that question all season,” Stewart said. “To finally hear that he did want to transfer, that was a shocker.”

Hagan needs to be fired. We have had zero running game since he became the running back coach. And if he was doing his job right, he would not need to ask his top recruit if he was going to transfer all season long.
Well, could it be a function of the offensive line play? Could it be that the OLine is very inexperienced? I mean VERY inexperienced.

He was hired to clean up the program/image and to win football games. He's done half of it very succesfully and needs to be fired for his failure at the other half. But, the hatred thats grown for him is weird to me. Not a great fit here, needs to be fired. He, however, is not Hitler. He didnt rip Scott. He didnt shoot JFK. He's not a great fit at a Big 12 school. Why the hatred? He's trying to get it turned around. Would ANYONE else realistically expect a coach with an ego to just resign?? If so, thats not well thought out--in his mind, he can turn this around. The anger, IMHO, should be directed at Bohn. (and i like Bohn).

Rep

Are you sure about the JFK thing?:lol:

In a way it is good people are angry. Some people still care about CU FB. I get very irritated watching DH continually screw up. His ego is unbelievable. He gets outcaoched week in and week out. His successes are largely inspite of himself.

Having said all that I don't hate him. I feel sorry for him. He got his shot at the big time and has blown it big time. I agree with Alfred Williams, he'll never coach another BCS team again after CU gives him the axe. He's lost me. I am still a Buff fan, and will be after DH is gone. I no longer believe CU will be successful with his cub scout milk and cookies approach. If he had any integrity, he'd resign and negotiate a buyout commensurate with his performance.

He won't though, he'll do what every other coach does, he'll hold up CU for every penny he can. That's why listening to HC's talk about student-athletes and doing things the "right way" is so hypocritical to me...

Sorry, but quitting is NEVER the right thing to do.

This article makes me like Speedy even more.

"Coach Hagan has been asking that question all season,” Stewart said. “To finally hear that he did want to transfer, that was a shocker.”

Hagan needs to be fired. We have had zero running game since he became the running back coach. And if he was doing his job right, he would not need to ask his top recruit if he was going to transfer all season long.

Lack of a running game has more to do with the O-line at this point then the RB. Running backs have performed very will when the line has blocked for them.

Sorry, but quitting is NEVER the right thing to do.

So Nixon was wrong to resign? It's NEVER the right thing to do? You get hired as the hgihest paid employee of the State of Colorado and fail at what you are hired to do and honor or integrity will NEVER compel you to quit and or resign?

I'll agree there is a fair argument to be made as to whether DH has truly failed (I think he has), and one could argue whether the failure (assuming it exists) is so debilitating at this point that the proper thing to do would be to step aside, but to say there is NEVER a time to simply say, "I need to resign" is remarkable.

Are you really saying there is no set of circumstances where you think it would be right for DH to say, I tried but I'm not getting it done and for the good of CU I'm stepping aside?

So Nixon was wrong to resign? It's NEVER the right thing to do? You get hired as the hgihest paid employee of the State of Colorado and fail at what you are hired to do and honor or integrity will NEVER compel you to quit and or resign?

I'll agree there is a fair argument to be made as to whether DH has truly failed (I think he has), and one could argue whether the failure (assuming it exists) is so debilitating at this point that the proper thing to do would be to step aside, but to say there is NEVER a time to simply say, "I need to resign" is remarkable.

Are you really saying there is no set of circumstances where you think it would be right for DH to say, I tried but I'm not getting it done and for the good of CU I'm stepping aside?

Bad comparison. Nixon was crook and had no moral fiber. He had no choice but to quit.

And there is no debate that Hawkins has failed at winning football games.

I stand by my statement, assuming you are not a blight on America, quitting is NEVER the right thing to do.

Bad comparison. Nixon was crook and had no moral fiber. He had no choice but to quit.

Care to answer the question about Hawk? Do you really think there is no set of circumstances where he should quit?

Looks like our posts crossed each other in cyberland. I can agree to disagree. I see nothing honorable about drawing a top flight salary and delivering miserable results. I see nothing honorable about demanding every peeny you are due when you have been a failure at the task for which you contracted. There is no shame in simply owning up to reality in my book.

Hawk will gouge CU for every penny if he is let go, of that I am relatively certain. I would like to be surprised.

Last edited:

Care to answer the question about Hawk? Do you really think there is no set of circumstances where he should quit?

Looks like our posts crossed each other in cyberland. I can agree to disagree. I see nothing honorable about drawing a top flight salary and delivering miserable results. I see nothing honorable about demanding every peeny you are due when you have been a failure at the task for which you contracted. There is no shame in simply owning up to reality in my book.

Hawk will gouge CU for every penny if he is let go, of that I am relatively certain. I would like to be surprised.

Sure there are circumstances. But quitting just because of win/loss record is not one of them.

If Hawkins was caught violating NCAA rules that lead to severe NCAA sanctions, then yes resigning maybe the right thing to do.

I would never walk into my bosses office and tell him I quit, no matter how bad things were going for me on the job. The right thing to do is continue to evaluate and do you DAMN BEST to fix what is wrong. If the higher ups determine that you best was not good enough, fine, but at least I gave my BEST.

This is just one were we are not going to agree. I would never expect anyone I work with or for to QUIT, not matter how bad things were going. I think quitting on yourself and your team says alot more about a person, then someone who just didn't have the right stuff to get the job done.

Sure there are circumstances. But quitting just because of win/loss record is not one of them.

Wow. The W-l record, at least to me, is the measuring stick of a coach. I'd say it's about 85% of the job. That's why renegades like Dennis Erickson still get hired. Squeaky clean is not going to get you a job.

If any HC loses 2 out of three at a bcs school over four years, he ought to be gone. I agre reasonable minds can differ over whther Hawk's performance is bad enough to get him fired, or bad enough to compel him to resign, but to say W-L can never be bad enough to compel somebdy to resign....I guess we just see it differently.

Wow. The W-l record, at least to me, is the measuring stick of a coach. I'd say it's about 85% of the job. That's why renegades like Dennis Erickson still get hired. Squeaky clean is not going to get you a job.

If any HC loses 2 out of three at a bcs school over four years, he ought to be gone. I agre reasonable minds can differ over whther Hawk's performance is bad enough to get him fired, or bad enough to compel him to resign, but to say W-L can never be bad enough to compel somebdy to resign....I guess we just see it differently.

Resign - No
Terminated - Yes

Back