What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anybody cheer for CSU when they're not playing CU?

I like Wyoming because they hate CSU and beat the snot out of them on a regular basis.

This and some other things as well. Wyoming doesn't spend their time trying to pretend like they are something they are not. They recognize that they are an "underdog" and thrive on that identity.

Wyoming also does a great job of recruiting Colorado kids who are the low FBS/high FCS level players who a CU is normally not interested in but who deserve a shot. A lot of those kids turn into good players for them. I wouldn't be surprised if many years there aren't more kids from Colorado playing for Wyoming that playing for CSU.

I was more or less amused with the lambs when i was in school. we blew their doors off in 1989 then didnt play in 90, but we were all invited to the governors mansion, along with Air Force. CU and Air Force players hung out together (we all remembered Stud QB Dee Dowis coming to Sal's memorial service in his dress blues) and the freedom bowl champs kept to themselves as far as I observed. i started to develop a distaste for them then. They've done nothing since to improve my opinion of them, so piss them back to irrelevance as far as I'm concerned.

no. unless someone tells me their subsequent record or mentions them in some other way, i don't ever think about them again after the game.

they are less relevant than milli vanilli on vinyl after game 1

Girl, you know it's true....

If it weren't for friends and family who have ties to CSU, then No.

I would be for CU annexing CSU and shutting down their football & basketball program. If more of the state would have a single college rooting interest, the joint fanbase could mount a more formitable front in the pursuit of kicking P12 ass. If we all hated USC and Oregon more than each other, imagine what we could accomplish?

In return, the mythical renamed CU - Ft Collins campus gets to focus on baseball, swimming, diving, gymnastics, wrestling, ice hockey, field hocky, water polo, equestrian events, men's lacrosse, and other marginalized sports that would pad CU's Olympic medal count.

I'll now proceed to put down the bong.

I used to before BVP because my cousin played for them. Then that ahole came along and now I love beating them. Love seeing their misery as they live in perpetual 3-5 win seasons. We are on our way back up but they will always be the red headed stepchild.

I don't root against them, but honestly they don't even cross my mind. I pay more attention to AF and they are zoomies

I was more or less amused with the lambs when i was in school. we blew their doors off in 1989 then didnt play in 90, but we were all invited to the governors mansion, along with Air Force. CU and Air Force players hung out together (we all remembered Stud QB Dee Dowis coming to Sal's memorial service in his dress blues) and the freedom bowl champs kept to themselves as far as I observed. i started to develop a distaste for them then. They've done nothing since to improve my opinion of them, so piss them back to irrelevance as far as I'm concerned.

89 is my favorite csewe game. They jumped out ahead early, then were smoked 45-6 the rest of the way. Drew Litton had a cartoon the next day with Ralphie in a nightshirt "sleeptrampling" cam--my csewe acquaintances were offended. Then in 90, CU's orange bowl win overshadowed tbe freedom bowl, and they found that unforgivable. I still laugh about that

The won the Freedom Bowl? Damn, I knew they had been to bowel games, but didn't know they actually WON one!

Yes, I cheer for CSU. The CU / CSU game will be a better event once CSU gets their new on campus stadium and the games are played on campus. Then the annual showdown will become a real rivalry.

Trolls should take it as a given that questions posed herein are not directed at them unless specifically named.

Also......once it became apparent that NU and CSU fans were usually closely associated (and CSU fans loved NU because NU would usually beat CU) then my dislike grew deeper.

I used to until the Bradlee Van Pelt spike. Ever since then they've developed an attitude and I now openly root against them.
Absof***inglutely this! That became their Braveheart rally cry and they all became asswholes [sic]. Even if they do well, no one says "hey, CU beat them". And it's way too easy for them in their sh|t@ss conference to pull out more victories than CU. so when CU goes 6-6 (or gawdforbid 4-8) while losing to Oregon, Stanford, USC, etc and they go 7-5 beating crap..F them

On the CU/AFA thing, I don't really care if they ever play in football or not, but the AD's reasoning is stupid, imo. For one, how many people that were on campus - students/faculty/admin/whatever - are still on campus now? Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, the schools play each other in basketball. Seems to me that the reasoning for the refusal to play football gets a little dicey when you consider that fact

I grew up much closer to the Springs than Boulder and went to more games growing up in Falcon Stadium than Folsom. But I don't see a game like that as much of a rivalry or anything that I would really love to see. The institutions couldn't be more different, the recruiting bases are completely different, and the trajectory of the programs going forward are probably going to be different when you consider future realignment. If they ever play again, great, if not, no big deal.

I don't root against them, but I'm not sad when they lose either. However, I want them to be a decent program to up the overall level of Colorado college sports.

There is no doubt that ESPN, FoxSports and the Pac-12 Network would much rather have CU playing Air Force. AFA can actually deliver television ratings with all those zoomies around the globe.

There is no doubt that ESPN, FoxSports and the Pac-12 Network would much rather have CU playing Air Force. AFA can actually deliver television ratings with all those zoomies around the globe.

I'm sure they would, but to me it goes back to the idea that the only real reasons you play an in-state school is because there really is a rivalry or because you fight for recruits. With AFA, I don't see either as legitimate. But I don't see it with CSU either. The whole thing is forced, fake, and everyone other than some deluded Ram fans know it. To me, after some initial excitement over the first couple games, CU-AFA would feel the same way. Especially if some tool thought it would be cool to play it in Denver.

I suppose if we HAD to play an in-state school on regular basis, I'd be cool with AFA, or maybe some kind of rotation between CSU and AFA, on campus, of course. But what I'd really like is for us to reassert our position as the dominant program in the region and put all this silliness behind us.

I'm sure they would, but to me it goes back to the idea that the only real reasons you play an in-state school is because there really is a rivalry or because you fight for recruits. With AFA, I don't see either as legitimate. But I don't see it with CSU either. The whole thing is forced, fake, and everyone other than some deluded Ram fans know it. To me, after some initial excitement over the first couple games, CU-AFA would feel the same way. Especially if some tool thought it would be cool to play it in Denver.

I suppose if we HAD to play an in-state school on regular basis, I'd be cool with AFA, or maybe some kind of rotation between CSU and AFA, on campus, of course. But what I'd really like is for us to reassert our position as the dominant program in the region and put all this silliness behind us.

Definitely would not want more than a home/home type situation with AFA. No chance of a true rivalry forming and a prolonged series would certainly grow stale just like CSU has. Looking elsewhere at the relationship between the other two service academies with the big college football program of their respective states, it's clear that the CU/Air Force history is nearly identical to Maryland/Navy and Syracuse/Army: Maryland rarely plays Navy. They've played twice recently in Baltimore in 2005 and 2010. They hadn't faced each other since 1965 before that and even in the "old days" it was a periodic 21 encounters. Syracuse rarely plays Army. They last met in 1996 and have also played just 21 times.

I pull for CSU when they aren't playing CU or AFA. Grew up in CO and too many of my friends/classmates went there to really hate the school. Their fans act like idiots when they run in packs but as long as we beat them I can stay above that mess.

Back