What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone catch the NU highlights and see the Frosh QB?

This year's schedule is horrible but next season has Washington, Fresno St., and Wyoming along with road trips to Wisconsin, Penn St., and Michigan with home games against tOSU and Iowa. Yeah, it's gonna be slightly harder.

But the discussion is about non-conference games that are scheduled.

Nebraska has had the philosophy for quite some time now to schedule one decent OOC and then the rest cream puffs. In the last 10 years they have had home and homes with Va Tech, Penn State, USC and Pitt. And they have upcoming matchups with UCLA, Miami and Tennesee. While its still mostly cream puffs, its an improvement over what was going on in the 90s and prior.

First of all, 39 points is a blowout, plain and simple. Their defense won't be as good as last year, but I bet it will still be very good. They gave up over 350 yards to FAU last year, and that defense turned out okay.

Secondly, I still think Washington has a great shot at beating them. Not ready to call it, but it will be a close game.

Daniel Thomas...the best RB in the conference, easily. He will give every defense he faces fits. That kid can run. Speedy ain't too shabby himself, though.

did husker just cite wyoming as a tough OOC game?

man, bugeater rimmie has lost touch with reality. rationalizing south dakota state's and western kentuckys will do that to ya.

First off when watching anything about nebraska it isn't a highlight unless they lose:lol:

Nebraska will be Nebraska again, they have enough talent to beat down the pathetic teams on their OOC and will probably beat the one "tough" OOC in Washington who is getting better but is still only a couple of years removed from being one of the worst BCS teams in the country.

They will also beat the dregs of the Big XII in KU, KSU, ISU if they don't choke again, beat a declining Mizzou team and a declining Okie State. They will lose big to Texas and likely to either a mediocre aTm team or a gag against ISU or Mizzou.

In a strange twist of fate the CU game may be for Hawkins job and if it is this board is going to be verrrrry intersting that week.

End result, kNU ends its final year in the Big XII with a pretty decent record, goes to a better than expected bowl, and in classc kNU fashion gets hammered like a drunken freshman at the wrong couch burning party waking up in the morning wondering what the **** happened.

They aren't very good, but they are good enough to make themselves think they are good against the schedule they have.

This year's schedule is horrible but next season has Washington, Fresno St., and Wyoming along with road trips to Wisconsin, Penn St., and Michigan with home games against tOSU and Iowa. Yeah, it's gonna be slightly harder.

you aren't pimping WYO as an improvement to SDSU, Idaho, WKU....here?

edit: oh, lol. you self-identified as husker/rimmie.

that IS great.

Can a moderator please move this to the "We Don't Give a ****" forum?

First off when watching anything about nebraska it isn't a highlight unless they lose:lol:

Nebraska will be Nebraska again, they have enough talent to beat down the pathetic teams on their OOC and will probably beat the one "tough" OOC in Washington who is getting better but is still only a couple of years removed from being one of the worst BCS teams in the country.

They will also beat the dregs of the Big XII in KU, KSU, ISU if they don't choke again, beat a declining Mizzou team and a declining Okie State. They will lose big to Texas and likely to either a mediocre aTm team or a gag against ISU or Mizzou.

In a strange twist of fate the CU game may be for Hawkins job and if it is this board is going to be verrrrry intersting that week.

End result, kNU ends its final year in the Big XII with a pretty decent record, goes to a better than expected bowl, and in classc kNU fashion gets hammered like a drunken freshman at the wrong couch burning party waking up in the morning wondering what the **** happened.

They aren't very good, but they are good enough to make themselves think they are good against the schedule they have.

I take it your still at the Colorado National Championship celebration party. What you say is funny. Not much there except wild drunken rambling. For one Okie St. is going to be good and may make a run for the B12 South title, Colorado will be Colorado, but the party in Lincoln will be a lovefest just the same, and the Big 12 North games for Nebraska will all be tough ones (except say for KU). The only thing Nebraska can be bashed about this year is the fact that 3 of their non-conference games are very short on quality. Talk to former AD Peterson about that. No Nebraska fan around is proud of that.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

49-10 isn't a close score? I agree it should've been more.

I think it was during the 3rd quarter the score was something like 28-3 and it surprised me. I was thinking #8 team in the country would put up at least 35 on West. Kentucky before the half. :thumbsup:

I take it your still at the Colorado National Championship celebration party. What you say is funny. Not much there except wild drunken rambling. For one Okie St. is going to be good and may make a run for the B12 South title, Colorado will be Colorado, but the party in Lincoln will be a lovefest just the same, and the Big 12 North games for Nebraska will all be tough ones (except say for KU). The only thing Nebraska can be bashed about this year is the fact that 3 of their non-conference games are very short on quality. Talk to former AD Peterson about that. No Nebraska fan around is proud of that.

Good luck in the 12-Pac!

No drunken rant at all. You should be happy about what I wrote, I have the corn winning a bunch of games and going to a pretty decent bowl. Okie state lost a bunch to the draft, will they replace it, maybe maybe not. Looks to me like they are declining until proven otherwise.

Maybe you are upset because I don't live in the fantasy world that beating the hell out of a bunch of FCS level teams and weak B12 north teams makes a team great. kNU is likely to go to a pretty good bowl game where true to form they will get their teeth handed to them.

The corn are much better than the Callahan era teams but if you think that they are a contendor for the NC then you are living in the late 90's fantasy world.

Nu is 3-0 under Bo in bowl games. So not really sure where this "getting their teeth kicked in" claim comes from.

Nu is 3-0 under Bo in bowl games. So not really sure where this "getting their teeth kicked in" claim comes from.

They haven't exactly been high profile bowls against top competition. Figure it out, what I am saying is that the Corn have a much better record this year than the quality of the team would normally result in. This sends them to a bowl against a better quality opponent who then thumps them.

I know that corn logic doesn't allow for this type of thinking (or much of any kind of thinking that isn't worshipping the red heros) but this kind of thing happens in reality.

They haven't exactly been high profile bowls against top competition. Figure it out, what I am saying is that the Corn have a much better record this year than the quality of the team would normally result in. This sends them to a bowl against a better quality opponent who then thumps them.

I know that corn logic doesn't allow for this type of thinking (or much of any kind of thinking that isn't worshipping the red heros) but this kind of thing happens in reality.

You are changing your tune now. You twice implied that NU has been consistently blown out in recent bowl games. Which is simply not true. Twist it around however you like now.

You are changing your tune now. You twice implied that NU has been consistently blown out in recent bowl games. Which is simply not true. Twist it around however you like now.

Fusker paranoia strikes again. I implied nothing of the sort. What I will say is that the corn have a long history of disappointing their fans in big bowl games. This goes back to the Osborne era. Fuskers have won some big bowl games when they had very good teams, won a lot of mediocre bowl games when the team wasn't that great but got there based on 3-4 free wins OOC and had more than a few were they got to a major or close to major bowl and embarassed themselves. I.e. 1988-1994, also 1998, 2002, 2007 all years when the corn faithful swore up and down that their team was going to kill their opponents in the bowl.

This is not going to be a bad kNU team, they will win a bunch of games. This is also not going to be one of the memorable kNU teams, I think a solid realistic look points to a good regular season followed by being overmatched in a bowl game.

This is not going to be a bad kNU team, they will win a bunch of games. This is also not going to be one of the memorable kNU teams, I think a solid realistic look points to a good regular season followed by being overmatched in a bowl game.

I don't think I can disagree with you when you talk about us being just okay this season. We have alot of youth, speed, and decent talent on the team, but not alot of experience. Do I think we'll make it to the Big XII Championship again? I honestly think we will, but we'll find that out soon enough. I don't think I agree with being overmatched in the bowl game. Bo has done a pretty decent job preparing the team week in and week out, but I understand what you're saying.

Top10 OU beat Utah State by just 7 points. Top10 Iowa beat FBS Easter Illinois by 30 points. Top10 Neb beat weak WKU team by 39 points. Top10 Texas beat weak Rice team by just 17 points.

I worry about our O line a bit after watching the game. Our D is a concern....a little. Most people didn't realize that mid way through the 3rd we had our 2s and 3s in on Defense.

I worry about our O line a bit after watching the game. Our D is a concern....a little. Most people didn't realize that mid way through the 3rd we had our 2s and 3s in on Defense.
If I were a Husker (TG I'm not) I'd be worried about not having a QB. Who cares that the next Jamaal Lord ran for 100+ yards against a winless Hilltopper team? Nebraska is going to get exposed against tougher opponents....

If I were a Husker (TG I'm not) I'd be worried about not having a QB. Who cares that the next Jamaal Lord ran for 100+ yards against a winless Hilltopper team? Nebraska is going to get exposed against tougher opponents....

This kid already throws better than Lord. Thanks for bringing up those memories tho, I literally got a shiver down my spine.

I'm not going to bother reading the whole thread, but I'll assume that this is just a repeat of 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 etc. Some QB tears up thier soft ass OOC schedule and he is on his way to the Heisman. Let me know if I missed anything.

I'm not going to bother reading the whole thread, but I'll assume that this is just a repeat of 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 etc. Some QB tears up thier soft ass OOC schedule and he is on his way to the Heisman. Let me know if I missed anything.

:yeahthat:

Kool-aid comes out of faucets in husker land....and mother's breasts.

RuffBuff: You are correct Kool-aid does come out of the faucets in Husker land, however mother's breasts in Nebraska permeate home brewed beer of the best kind.

But I understand what you are getting at.

Good luck in the 12-Pac

Back