What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Anyone worried about losing Chev?

He's not ready yet. But I admit, with his recruiting chops, its probably just a matter of time.

That being said a lot of recruiting gurus have been thrust into that job. Most too early. Very few proved to be all aspects of even a decent HC. On the other side his boss took the long road as the son of coach and spent time with some greats (Parcells) to learn the craft. Chev needs to be a pure OC for awhile. If The Rise really is real hed be smart to ride Mac's coat tails for awhile.

Jesus people, can we finish a season first? He seems to love it at CU, quit freaking out. Like I said, we have people here that can't handle success. There are various reasons so I understand. He's got a good shot to stay in the family and be the head man in time. Worry about that **** later.

Agree this thread is DOOOOOOM. That said, they better pay him they want to keep him. After this year, if they don't pay him more than his current salary of $120k (or whatever it is)....I think he gone. Loyalty to the program is one thing, providing for your family is another.

I bet CU gives him a nice pay bump and he happily remains.

CU has leverage here, they can promote Chev to Full Time OC. He would be a great HC at CU down the line... I think Leavitt leaves before Chev

Quick Chev story from before the season... my wife and I attended an event (like many others CU has wisely staged for various groups) to give previous season ticket holders a tour of the new IPF and Champions Center. Before the tour, Mac spoke for a few minutes followed by Hagan on the rooftop. Chev gets up and makes a good speech, after which he retires to the back. Rick George starts to speak and is about 10 minutes in when Chev circles back to the stage and literally interrupts Rick George because "he has a few more things to say". Chev takes the mic and goes into a passionate story about our recruiting success to date, why we came back to CU, and "The Rise." Watching the passion for CU and the way Chev operates (speeches, gameday enthusiasm, tweets and retweets, etc), I have a suspicion that the ultimate top of Chev's "Rise" isn't bowl games or a Pac-12 championship.

This thread and the others like it are so ridiculous and tiresome.

#1 - Our days as a doormat are over. CU is not a stepping stone job. Neuheisel considered CU a stepping stone job and bolted for Washington in large part because the facilities were lacking and the commitment to improve them was not there. That is no longer the case. We now have facilities that are second to none. We have a NC trophy, Heisman and a host of other trophies to prove that this is a place where you can win. Until the dark decade, we were hovering around 20 in all time wins. We are having success on the field once more. Boulder is always near the top of the "Best Places to Live" lists. CU will be considered a top 20 destination for assistants for years to come. If we lose anyone on this staff, there is no reason we can't go out and get someone just as great.

#2 - We have a top notch AD who will do what it takes to retain a great staff. We're not going to lose guys to lateral moves.

#3 - Coach Chiaverini is a Buff. His brother was a Buff. He doesn't want to be any place else. Also, he's not getting any P5 HC offers after one year as co-OC and he's not leaving his alma mater to be the head coach at some FCS or Division II school.

#4 - Leavitt, by all accounts, loves Boulder. He is a religious man who feels like God put him right where he is supposed to be. He's also 59. Not ancient, by any means, but old enough that he may be perfectly content to be a DC in a town he loves until he's ready to retire.

#5 - The success we are having on the recruiting trail makes it very likely that we will sustain this turnaround.

#6 - Bill McCartney didn't bolt for another job after he built CU into a powerhouse. It's very likely, in my humble opinion, that Coach MacIntyre will be perfectly happy to retire as the CU coach 15 years from now after firmly establishing us as a powerhouse that isn't going to fall on an extended down period again.

You people trying to find some dark cloud in the middle of a season of sunshine need to just stop. Please. Enjoy the season and let the rest of us on this board do the same.

Last edited:
This thread and the others like it are so ridiculous and tiresome.

#1 - Our days as a doormat are over. CU is not a stepping stone job. Neuheisel considered CU a stepping stone job and bolted for Washington in large part because the facilities were lacking the commitment to improve them was not there. That is no longer the case. We now have facilities that are second to none. We have a NC trophy, Heisman and a host of other trophies to prove that this is a place where you can win. Until the dark decade, we were hovering around 20 in all time wins. We are having success on the field once more. Boulder is always near the top of the "Best Places to Live" lists. CU will be considered a top 20 destination for assistants for years to come. If we lose anyone on this staff, there is no reason we can't go out and get someone just as great.

#2 - We have a top notch AD who will do what it takes to retain a great staff. We're not going to lose guys to lateral moves.

#3 - Coach Chiaverini is a Buff. His brother was a Buff. He doesn't want to be any place else. Also, he's not getting any P5 HC offers after one year as co-OC and he's not leaving his alma mater to be the head coach at some FCS or Division II school.

#4 - Leavitt, by all accounts, loves Boulder. He is a religious man who feels like God put him right where he is supposed to be. He's also 59. Not ancient, by any means, but old enough that he may be perfectly content to be a DC in a town he loves until he's ready to retire.

#5 - The success we are having on the recruiting trail makes it very likely that we will sustain this turnaround.

#6 - Bill McCartney didn't bolt for another job after he built CU into a powerhouse. It's very likely, in my humble opinion, that Coach MacIntyre will be perfectly happy to retire as the CU coach 15 years from now after firmly establishing us as a powerhouse that isn't going to fall on an extended down period again.

You people trying to find some dark cloud in the middle of a season of sunshine need to just stop. Please. Enjoy the season and let the rest of us on this board do the same.
PREACH!

Interesting side note. He did have his bags packed though, and was headed for SMU in 1989 until Crowder guilted him into staying and finishing what he started.

Last edited:
Back