What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

AP RANKED!

Teams we should jump:
23. Arizona
21. Creighton
20. Illinois
19. Butler
18. LSU
17. Iowa
16. Michigan State

Teams we could jump:
14. Oregon
13. West Virginia
10. Villanova

I'll guess the Buffs move all the way up to #16 (one spot above Oregon who drops to 17) in the AP poll tomorrow.

Let's keep rolling! Huge opportunity to create some separation this week.

Man, it will be extremely difficult to beat Oregon. They’ve lost 2 in a row and want revenge against us.

Top 25 results this week (I'll try to remember to update this post):

Monday
#1 Baylor won at KSU
#3 Kansas won vs Texas
#8 Florida State won vs North Carolina

Tuesday
#7 Duke won at Boston College
#9 Maryland won vs Rutgers
#11 Auburn won at Arkansas
#15 Kentucky won vs Miss State
#16 Michigan State lost vs #22 Penn State

Wednesday
#5 Louisville won vs Wake Forest
#10 Villanova lost at #19 Butler
#12 Seton Hall won at Georgetown
#13 West Virginia won vs Iowa State
#17 Iowa lost at Purdue (BY 36!!!)
#18 LSU lost at Vanderbilt
#21 Creighton lost at Providence

Thursday
#2 Gonzaga won vs Loyola Marymount
#23 Arizona won vs USC
#24 Colorado won vs Cal
#25 Houston won vs Tulane

Friday
#9 Maryland won at #20 Illinois

Saturday
#1 Baylor won vs Oklahoma State
#2 Gonzaga won at Saint Mary's
#3 Kansas won at TCU
#4 San Diego State won at Air Force
#5 Louisville won vs Virginia
#6 Dayton won vs St. Louis
#7 Duke won at North Carolina
#8 Florida State won vs Miami
#10 Villanova lost vs #12 Seton Hall
#11 Auburn won vs #18 LSU
#13 West Virginia won at Oklahoma
#14 Oregon lost at Oregon State
#15 Kentucky won at Tennessee
#16 Michigan State lost at Michigan
#17 Iowa won vs ****braska
#21 Creighton won vs St. John's
#22 Penn State won vs Minnesota
#23 Arizona lost vs UCLA
#24 Colorado won vs Stanford

Sunday
#19 Butler lost at Marquette
#25 Houston won vs Wichita State
We definitely jump Arizona. I'd think we jump Butler for their loss, LSU for 2 losses, Illinois for its loss, and Iowa for a nothing win + a blowout loss. A chance to jump Michigan State, Oregon and Villanova.

I'll guess we're at #19 this week.

The door is wide open this week - hope the guys can step through and distinguish themselves the best of Tad.

LSU lost twice, including one to Vandy. Should hop back to 20 at worst. Iowa should get punished bad for a 36 point loss and MSU bad for 0-2 this week so we could pass both but who knows with these voters. Nova went 0-2 to ranked teams. Won’t drop below us, but should be close.
Voters punished Iowa and MSU. We are 1 behind Nova. Awesome stuff and matches our NET. Very deserved, let’s ****ing beat Oregon.

This explains why I got such a bad feeling about this week after seeing that ranking...

I'm the opposite - I'm stoked we finally broke that damn #20 line - every time we hit it this year, we lost.

Now we're past it, and I like it.

This explains why I got such a bad feeling about this week after seeing that ranking...

Yeah. I'm feeling more anxious than excited about our rank & the Pac-12 standings. I guess that's on me, but damn did 2014 scar me. I don't think I realized just how much that screwed with my head until this morning.

Teams we should jump:
23. Arizona
21. Creighton
20. Illinois
19. Butler
18. LSU
17. Iowa
16. Michigan State

Teams we could jump:
14. Oregon
13. West Virginia
10. Villanova

I'll guess the Buffs move all the way up to #16 (one spot above Oregon who drops to 17) in the AP poll tomorrow.

Let's keep rolling! Huge opportunity to create some separation this week.
Damn! That martini-time guy was spot on!

Yeah. I'm feeling more anxious than excited about our rank & the Pac-12 standings. I guess that's on me, but damn did 2014 scar me. I don't think I realized just how much that screwed with my head until this morning.

Gallinari's knee happened about 9 months before the '14 incident. Bad time.

Some thoughts: 1) Why is there still belief in Texas Tech? 2) We'd beat Penn State and West Virginia by double digits on a neutral floor 3) Illinois is not worthy of being ranked, getting credit for early wins against teams who have turned out to be crap 4) Buck Faylor

Gallinari's knee happened about 9 months before the '14 incident. Bad time.

People always forget about Gallinari's injury when they talk about the 6-seed Warriors beating the 3-seed 57 win Nuggets that year. Sure, it was a sign of the rise of the Warriors dynasty and that's the narrative most people focus on, but Gallinari was our second best player that year and someone the Warriors didn't have an answer for. I think the Nuggets easily beat the Warriors with a healthy Gallinari.

While we're playing what-ifs, let's bring it back to that Buffs team. Spencer was a top-15 college player that year, maybe better. If he doesn't get injured, a Sweet-16 run is a very realistic probability and Spencer could have worked himself into the NBA Draft lottery. His recent play in Brooklyn suggests he had the lottery talent. Hard to imagine what that would have done for the program, but it's a testament to the underrated consistency of Boyle that the program is back in this position. Buffs basketball is as fun as its ever been. Need to finish the season strong.

We've got some interesting Top 25 games tonight.

#8 Florida State at #7 Duke (5pm, ESPN). We'll learn a lot about Duke based on whether they can get up for this after that crazy UNC game this weekend.
#1 Baylor at Texas (7pm, ESPN). I'm torn. I don't want UT to make its bubble case and I don't want Baylor to get a #1 seed.
TCU at #24 Texas Tech (7pm, ESPN2). I really like the way these teams are coached. I'll watch this one at 7 and be buckled up to see great defense.

#8 Florida State at #7 Duke (5pm, ESPN). We'll learn a lot about Duke based on whether they can get up for this after that crazy UNC game this weekend.
#1 Baylor at Texas (7pm, ESPN). I'm torn. I don't want UT to make its bubble case and I don't want Baylor to get a #1 seed.
TCU at #24 Texas Tech (7pm, ESPN2). I really like the way these teams are coached. I'll watch this one at 7 and be buckled up to see great defense.
Hoping for Texas over Baylor. It's a deal with the devil that's for sure.

**** bailer is always the safe answer.

Lost in the talk of the #16 rank is that the team should be pissed about being disrespected. Even the Coach poll, which hates CU, had us at 15.

Get angry, Buffs!!!

This week's results (to be updated daily):

Monday
#1 Baylor won at Texas
#7 Duke won vs #8 Florida State
#25 Texas Tech won vs TCU (88-42 :eek: )

Tuesday
#4 San Diego State won vs New Mexico
#6 Dayton won vs Rhode Island
#9 Maryland won vs Nebraska
#12 Kentucky won at Vanderbilt
#13 Penn State won at Purdue
#22 Illinois lost vs Michigan State
#25 LSU won vs Missouri

Wednesday
#3 Kansas won at #14 West Virginia
#5 Louisville lost at Georgia Tech
#10 Seton Hall lost vs #23 Creighton