What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Are things aligning for a Buffs resurgence?

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Last time we were great, it happened at a time when Texas, Texas A&M, USC and UCLA were down.

Obviously, when that happens it makes recruiting in California and Texas much easier for Colorado. Throw in the timing of a new conference, new coach and a renewed administrative commitment to athletics at CU and the time is right.

This next hire is essential for CU. We will never have things set up this well for us again. We need to hire a coach who has proven he can do it at the BCS level as a head coach. Whatever it costs, we need to make this happen.

I think people might want to tap the brakes on the demise of Texas. A&M actually had its greatest consistent success from 1985-1995, right around the same time we were experiencing great success.

The downturn of USC and UCLA is of much more relevance. We need to take advantage of that, especially considering ASU is in a similar situation to us. That is half the Pac-12 South division right there.

Ask me in 3-5 yrs. Even with a good/great coach, that's how long it's going to take to pull this thing out of the ditch. Agree coaching hire is crucial. Miss on this one, and CU football will be pretty well perma-****ed. Our next coach will need to go bowling with next year's seniors to attract recruits. After they graduate, I'm not sure CU has the talent on the team to win 6 if Knute Rockney were HC.

Wouldn't count on pulling recruits out of TX. UT is down, but not the way they were back then. Don't think anyone apart from a Gruden could out-recruit Mack on his turf without building a record first. USC down a little - we need them to stay that way until at least mid-decade. UCLA going nowhere as long as skippy's at the helm. LA could be a goldmine for us, but like you said Nik we gotta have the right staff and probably win a few games if we want kids looking our way again.

I think it looks nice, but I mean have we ever been able to beat Texas for kids from Texas? It seems like our focus is usually more of the type of kids that Texas overlooks. The 4* types. Same with USC in socal. We need to be beating out the A&M's of the world for the Texas kids and the UCLA's of the world for the west coast kids. Lately it seems we have taken a back seat to UCLA, Cal, Oregon, Washinton, ASU, and Utah on the west coast. In Texas we barely even have an impact.

Texas wont stay down. But we should concentrate our efforts on So Cal. Even in our prime years the majority of our talent came out of there. Sure we got some from Texas and the Houston area, but SO Cal was our true pipeline. With USC and UCLA down, we need to attack! Best recipe is to get Bieniemy on staff and let him loose on that area!

Back