What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Arizona Game - Official Thread (10/7, 6 PM, Pac-12 Network)

You are right, I am so sorry. I did not realize that he was a highly ranked recruit...that changes everything. We should check every team and let their 4 and 5 stars just walk all over us. Do you think Sam Darnold will average 30 yards per attempt against us, he was highly touted coming out of HS.

[Sarcasm Off] No QB or running back should average 23 yards per attempt against a team in the same weight class. Show me where someone has done that with over 10 attempts. It does not happen. There is no excuse for what happened.

It seems you were the guy last week saying our defense was better against teams like Arizona.
I suppose there’s a combination of good Tate and bad Buffs, but for the record, what do you think Tate will do against UCLA? (Assuming he starts) - my recollection is that the UCLA defense is not highly regarded.

Last edited:
I suppose there’s a combination of good Tate and bad Buffs, but for the record, what do you think Tate will do against UCLA? (Assuming he starts) - my recollection is that the UCLA defense is not highly regarded.
I really don't care but I am sure that he won't average 23.4 YPA. That is unacceptable.

Macs response yesterday was classic....never took responsibility for the horrendous defensive perfomance.."Tate made plays.....we missed tackles....blah blah blah"... anyone averaging 23 yards a carry is a defensive abomination....

How much does it just plain break a defenses' confidence moving forward to have a single man like Tate beat you (as it may seem) and set an NCAA record in so doing? Do we have a Tate hangover?

How much does it just plain break a defenses' confidence moving forward to have a single man like Tate beat you (as it may seem) and set an NCAA record in so doing? Do we have a Tate hangover?
I hope not, Tate is a beast and they have the highest YPP in the Pac-12 despite him only playing two games.

So much of that depends on player leadership and coaching. Ideally, it should piss off and refocus a team. Have some pride and all that.

I don't think it's a stretch to say if Tate had been playing vs Houston and Utah, they would be 6-0 right now...

Last edited:
Tate is the rare football player that can win a game by himself. But USC, unlike CU and even UCLA, has the athletes on defense to slow him down. Should be a good one.
UCLA definitely has the athletes, but they are poorly coached, as has been discussed ad naseum. Is Tate going to do for Arizona what Lamar Jackson has done for Louisville?

UCLA definitely has the athletes, but they are poorly coached, as has been discussed ad naseum. Is Tate going to do for Arizona what Lamar Jackson has done for Louisville?

It's more than Tate. I wonder if the Anu Solomon years were an aberration for RR. It seems RR finally has his offensive system running after all these years. They could be hard to beat by any conference team with only a week to prepare.

I don't think it's a stretch to say if Tate had been playing vs Houston and Utah, they would be 6-0 right now...

Maybe. I think Utah still wins because they are the best team in the conference at dictating tempo. Arizona moved the ball on them that game, but it never really felt like they were in control. The Utes play a lot of one-score games (believe it is more than 50% over the last four years) by design.

Maybe. I think Utah still wins because they are the best team in the conference at dictating tempo. Arizona moved the ball on them that game, but it never really felt like they were in control. The Utes play a lot of one-score games (believe it is more than 50% over the last four years) by design.
Right. Point is, Arizona wasn't overmatched in either loss and the addition of the most dynamic player in the conference could have put them in position to win both. We'll never know, though.

Tate is the type of player that takes away the ability to dictate tempo. I think Utah would have been burned like Colorado and UCLA where Arizona would have not only moved the ball, but scored a lot more.

One has to think Tate can't keep up what he is doing. Teams with pretty good defenses in Utah and USC will sell completely out to stop Tate and eventually he just won't have room to make the plays he does with his feet. Will be interesting to see how that translates in the next few weeks. If he keeps it up, Arizona would have to fire Rich Rod for putting the best player in the nation on the bench for the first half of the season.

One has to think Tate can't keep up what he is doing. Teams with pretty good defenses in Utah and USC will sell completely out to stop Tate and eventually he just won't have room to make the plays he does with his feet. Will be interesting to see how that translates in the next few weeks. If he keeps it up, Arizona would have to fire Rich Rod for putting the best player in the nation on the bench for the first half of the season.
It's exactly like defending Lamar Jackson. Can your defense keep him in the pocket and then collapse it?

We will never know, but Utah front seven >>>>>>>> CU or UCLA front sevens.
Enough of the hyperbole, I think six "greater than's" is quite enough, don't you?

Here's to hoping we make moves that result in a greatly improved D-line sooner than later. The glory days were full of bad ass front sevens - it just doesn't feel right any other way.

Having Tate in the PAC south is a plus. Sucks that we couldn't find a way to win that game.

I don't think the AZ offense was fully working as planned until their bye week before the CU game. I watched both the UTEP and Utah games and it seemed their timing/execution was off.

Also think that if a team sells out to get Tate (like UCLA did), then Nick Wilson gets you in the option. Its pick your poison. Can Az's defense continue to improve? Tons of picks against Rosen. Can they stop the run?

Enough of the hyperbole, I think six "greater than's" is quite enough, don't you?

Here's to hoping we make moves that result in a greatly improved D-line sooner than later. The glory days were full of bad ass front sevens - it just doesn't feel right any other way.

Having Tate in the PAC south is a plus. Sucks that we couldn't find a way to win that game.

In this case, the hyperbole is justified. Put that front seven in Boulder and CU is the favorite to win the South IMO.

Does Laguda still have his back to Tate while he is running for a touchdown? Playing pattycake with the wide receiver? Lol. That play reminded me of the Fresno State game where half the defense had their backs to the runner as he went for 90 yards.

Does Laguda still have his back to Tate while he is running for a touchdown? Playing pattycake with the wide receiver? Lol. That play reminded me of the Fresno State game where half the defense had their backs to the runner as he went for 90 yards.
Should have played zone to keep eyes on the QB. Our coverage seems to suffer in zone, but I would have been very ok with forcing Tate to beat us with his arm.

Back